Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    To the first bolded point: But that's not ENTIRELY accurate -- he tracked from behind the net and corralled a bouncing rebound on his backhand, elevated it from a tough angle, and scored. If you think that's easy to do, just look at guys like JVR (who has EXCELLENT hands in tight) and see the number of times that he's either (a) flubbed or (b) shot over the net from that same area. It's difficult -- especially with a bouncing puck from a tough angle.

Again, there are ~215 defensemen in the NHL at a given point in time. I don't think 100 could make that play. I think there's maybe 30-40 that could. Those are guys like EK, Burns, Hedman, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Werenski, Jones, Josi, Elkholm, Provorov, etc.

To the second bolded point: that's not the argument being made, at least by me. I think Provorov could probably make that play, but I also think that Provorov is a #1 defenseman (which would be consistent with the point made directly above, namely that he's one of top 30-40 defenders in the league).

I'm not saying that Sanheim can replace Provorov (if fact, I've been adamantly opposed to even considering moving Provorov) -- but I AM saying that Sanheim has a different skill-set and is more refined offensively than Provorov.
    He swatted at a puck rolling on edge that just happened to get enough elevation to get over a goalie that was down and out of the crease.

Morin tears right acl again while on conditioning stint. Well that was convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Morin tears right acl again while on conditioning stint. Well that was convenient.
    Never any good anyway. Glad we can finally waive him when healthy.

He swatted at a puck rolling on edge that just happened to get enough elevation to get over a goalie that was down and out of the crease.
    So far from what happened but lets let it go. I think we all disagree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    So he's just going to tough it out? I'm concerned that it's going to get worse....
    Been toughing it out for two weeks apparently.

Fluke. Carey should've had that one. It was
    a good decision to put it on net. Nothing more.
    Low hard shot through traffic with the intent of being deflected, had eyes and went in. The shot was the right height off the ground, so it was a good decision and a good shot - therefor, great goal. We need more of those. Nisky does that often too

Credit to Sanheim, Ghost, and Myers. They all elevated their play last night.

Braun is still terrible.

Can't wait for Laughton and Patrick to be back. I've seen enough of Twarynski and especially Pitlick.

Vorobyev looks like a different player from last season. Probably goes back down when everyone is healthy, but looks like he will be a useful bottom 6 guy next season.

Other than that, this looks like what the Flyers will be going with for the foreseeable future.

Credit to Sanheim, Ghost, and Myers. They all elevated their play last night.

Braun is still terrible.

Can't wait for Laughton and Patrick to be back. I've seen enough of Twarynski and especially Pitlick.

Vorobyev looks like a different player from last season. Probably goes back down when everyone is healthy, but looks like he will be a useful bottom 6 guy next season.

Other than that, this looks like what the Flyers will be going with for the foreseeable future.
    I totally agree with this post. Provorov played well but he always has the puck bounce over his stick at weird times. It is super strange.

And Braun is awful. Id like to see hagg in for him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post

And Braun is awful. Id like to see hagg in for him at this point.
    oh god no. Both are bad but id rather have braun

voro down, andreoff up.

I think if we didn't have patrick/laughton, we would've made a trade to get a bottom 6fwd to help out. If we are int he playoff race we still might make one.

ace, since you are good with the numbers..If lindblom continues this production, what do you think his next contract will be? something like couts?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    oh god no. Both are bad but id rather have braun
    Not even close. Braun leads the NHL in being on ice for es goals against. He's a worse version of AMac. I knew he was god awful before we traded for him and with each passing day that trade makes me more angry.

This isn't to say that Hagg is particularly good, but Hagg doesnt actively hurt you the way that Braun does.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ace, since you are good with the numbers..If lindblom continues this production, what do you think his next contract will be? something like couts?
    If he continues that level of production (0.8 PPG; 3.6 P/60, 57+ CF), then he's probably looking at a significant payday. He IS arbitration eligible, so that comes into play as well.

If I were Oskar's agent, and again, continuing with the above assumptions, then the following are likely to be true:

2019-20 Stats:
    38 Goals*
    28 Assists*
    66 Points
    -20 (his on-ice save percentage right now is 80%....which isn't going to last)
    ~17 ATOI
    59 CF (+7.9 REL)

*Right now, his shooting percentage (20%) is likely unsustainably high; but his assist rate is also unsustainably low. So....it's possibly that he ends the season (again, using the assumptions about total scoring) at something like 30G/36A/66P.

Combine that with his numbers from last season:

2018-19 Stats:
    17G
    16A
    33P
    13.45 ATOI
    41 CF (+3 REL)

And you have a pretty solid progression history there.

The best comparable I can find is Timo Meier, who signed a 4 year/$24M contract. For reference, his numbers were:

2017-18:
    21G
    15A
    36P
    15 ATOI
    53 CF+ (2.1 REL)

2018-19:
    30G
    36A
    66P
    17 ATOI
    56 CF+ (2.2 REL)

Now...there are some substantive differences here: Meier was a top-10 pick in 2015; Lindblom was a 5th round pick in 2014 (while this shouldn't matter, it does when it comes contract time). They are nearly the same age (both 23Y; Meier is about 40 days younger), though Meier has a full year more of NHL experience (Meier has 210 regular season NHL games; Lindblom has 119)

I'd say...IF Lindblom continues to produce at this rate for the rest of the season (HUGE if), then you're probably looking at $4.75M to $6M AAV on his next deal. I'm sure the Flyers will raise some other comparables (Vrana, Kapanen) to try to downplay it, but at the end of the day, there are relatively few players who have put up 65+ points in an age-23 season. If Lindblom does it, he's going to get paid.

Just to give you some examples, from last season (forwards only):
    • Leon Draisaitl
    • Nate MacKinnon
    • Alex Barkov
    • Mitch Marner
    • Sebastian Aho
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Teuvo Teravainen*
    • Jake Guentzel
    • Alex DeBrincat
    • Max Domi*
    • Sam Reinhart*
    • Kyle Connor

*Players with 2019-20 AAV under $6M. Notice Domi signed a 2-year bridge after a bad season in AZ (back-to-back 9 goal seasons); Reinhart signed a 2-year bridge after a trio of OK (but not great) seasons in BUF; and Teravainen makes $5.4M AAV (he had previously signed a 2-year bridge after some disappointing seasons).

Not even close. Braun leads the NHL in being on ice for es goals against. He's a worse version of AMac. I knew he was god awful before we traded for him and with each passing day that trade makes me more angry.

This isn't to say that Hagg is particularly good, but Hagg doesnt actively hurt you the way that Braun does.
    See, we still agree on things!

eh its apples and oranges to me. Not going to look at 10 games to just out right say hagg is better. I just don't like hagg. I don't like the trade either. Should've used that on colin miller

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast