Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    crosby out at least 6 weeks..if there was ever season to get into the top 3 and play the isles in the first round....this is it
    I will cry crocodile tears for him.

prov and couts killing powerplays is a thing of beauty man.

Good little run but they were due for a let down game. Our top players need to be better. Now the real test see how they respond tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    prov and couts killing powerplays is a thing of beauty man.
    it is but couts and lindblom didn't get their man in the most dangerous area ont he pk. Both goals i think was a result of couts not marking his man in the slot

theres no killer insitnct on this team and its so frustrating. Change the damn lines, we have a terrible shooting % right now and the lines just aren't working. We've been leaning on the couts line way too much.

jvr-giroux-tk
    lindblom-couts-voracek
    raffl-hayes-farabee

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    theres no killer insitnct on this team and its so frustrating. Change the damn lines, we have a terrible shooting % right now and the lines just aren't working. We've been leaning on the couts line way too much.

jvr-giroux-tk
    lindblom-couts-voracek
    raffl-hayes-farabee
    Killer instinct takes time -- but I do see improvement. They've been much, much more aggressive in the third with a lead. That's a positive step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Killer instinct takes time -- but I do see improvement. They've been much, much more aggressive in the third with a lead. That's a positive step.
    i actually think they haven't been aggressive when having the lead in the 3rd period. All of the OT was because we sat back and the teams came back to tie it up. Hopefully they learn from that

the (negative) trends that are defining our season as of now:

1: couturier has taken 5 or fewer faceoffs in 8 of the last 9 games; he had won 90/132 faceoffs in the first 10 games of the year (that's 68%), and so whatever is affecting him has taken a huge weapon away from the flyers.

2: ghost and sanheim are not scoring. 2 goals and 11 points over 38 combined games, with ghost getting significant PP time. given the struggles that this team is having on offense, they need to step up.

3: voracek, farabee, hayes and JVR have scored 2 combined goals in the last 9 games. hayes is pointless and -7 over that span.

other, more positive, trends:

1: the team is winning games and banking points in situations where they shouldn't have.

2: the PK is legit. i'm not gonna argue that justin braun is playing well, or should continue to play above hagg, but he does leads the team in PK minutes, and so at least there's one positive contribution that he's making.

3: konecny and lindblom are still doing things.

Stewart and Hagg both in against the speed of the Isles, let's see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Stewart and Hagg both in against the speed of the Isles, let's see how this pans out.
    Why is Myers a healthy scratch???

Well there is no logical explanation. Maybe give him a break, or don't want him to be too comfortable about having a spot, maybe cause he took a penalty last night. I really have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Well, so far so good. Even when AV makes a good decision it feels like a bad one though. Seems familiar and frustrating.

Also, who really worries about the Islanders speed? They're good because they play a structured system that everyone buys in on. Not because they are an elite skating team.
    Last edited by CasperX22; 11-16-2019 at 09:04 PM.

prov is playing like a god.

only thing i can think of is they were scared of the NYI speed.... but that is also stupid lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    only thing i can think of is they were scared of the NYI speed.... but that is also stupid lol
    Hagg is definitely the answer to that

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast