Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 411
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,254
    voracek for sam girard...we retain half THIS YEAR ONLY to make the trade work

    then swap ghost for ehlers

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,002
    also i told you guys we were gonna come out the gate much better than people thought. : )
    the last time i posted something like this, the flyers lost 4 straight games....
    voracek for sam girard...we retain half THIS YEAR ONLY to make the trade work
    that's not how it works; salary that's retained has to be applied every year for the remainder of the contract.

    additionally, because you can only retain salary for 3 players at a time, the flyers would be handicapped for the next ~4.5 years if they retained salary while trading voracek.
    Can we just let seattle take voracek? At this point I just can't see us trading him AND getting a nice return.
    i disagree with your premise, but yeah, sure. there's no reason why we can't expose voracek to the expansion draft. however, i would caution you that there's no guarantee they'll take him.


    forwards (7): couturier, konecny, lindblom, hayes (NMC), giroux, patrick, laughton
    defensemen (3): provorov, sanheim, myers
    goalie (1): elliott

    all of that would wind up leaving jvr, voracek, ghost and hagg exposed. luckily, seattle can only possibly take one of those guys. unluckily, the one they'll take is obviously ghost.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    the last time i posted something like this, the flyers lost 4 straight games....
    that's not how it works; salary that's retained has to be applied every year for the remainder of the contract.

    additionally, because you can only retain salary for 3 players at a time, the flyers would be handicapped for the next ~4.5 years if they retained salary while trading voracek.
    i disagree with your premise, but yeah, sure. there's no reason why we can't expose voracek to the expansion draft. however, i would caution you that there's no guarantee they'll take him.


    forwards (7): couturier, konecny, lindblom, hayes (NMC), giroux, patrick, laughton
    defensemen (3): provorov, sanheim, myers
    goalie (1): elliott

    all of that would wind up leaving jvr, voracek, ghost and hagg exposed. luckily, seattle can only possibly take one of those guys. unluckily, the one they'll take is obviously ghost.
    Of course, you're assuming we don't move Ghost next off-season (Expansion draft is June 2021)

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,988
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol your dislike for our best and brightest defenseman is hilarious... we arent trading prov... if anything ghost is gonna be the one to get moved.
    I love Provorov ... he simply holds the most value, and I feel like if we need to move Voracek, it will take something of a bigger deal to get it done.

    I had him ranked #1 defender in his draft class before PEM came out with his rankings, donít doubt my Provorov love ... it is commodity based

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,988
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    also i told you guys we were gonna come out the gate much better than people thought. : )



    imagine if hart didnt start off slow
    He didnít ... had 1 bad game. Heís allowed.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    107,967
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    He didnít ... had 1 bad game. Heís allowed.
    it was like 3 bad games where he gave up questionable goals a top goalie should stop.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    the last time i posted something like this, the flyers lost 4 straight games....
    that's not how it works; salary that's retained has to be applied every year for the remainder of the contract.

    additionally, because you can only retain salary for 3 players at a time, the flyers would be handicapped for the next ~4.5 years if they retained salary while trading voracek.
    i disagree with your premise, but yeah, sure. there's no reason why we can't expose voracek to the expansion draft. however, i would caution you that there's no guarantee they'll take him.


    forwards (7): couturier, konecny, lindblom, hayes (NMC), giroux, patrick, laughton
    defensemen (3): provorov, sanheim, myers
    goalie (1): elliott

    all of that would wind up leaving jvr, voracek, ghost and hagg exposed. luckily, seattle can only possibly take one of those guys. unluckily, the one they'll take is obviously ghost.
    lol ya i was kidding about the one year retain. Wish we could. I would take girard over voracek if it meant we can get ehlers for ghost.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,254
    i wish giroux and voracek were a year or two younger

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    107,967
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i wish giroux and voracek were a year or two younger
    this... but oh well thems the breaks... i wanted to move G 3 years ago for Ovie when ovie stock dropped tbh... id move G and Vor right now if i had it my way.... i get not moving G and i know we wont but man we could get a haul for G and still get something good for Vor and the couts line could be our top line.... i would have done that before we did the hayes deal etc though... now that we made those deals trading G would be moronic i guess... but trading vor needs to happen because i think we could still get something good because of his name alone.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    lol ya i was kidding about the one year retain. Wish we could. I would take girard over voracek if it meant we can get ehlers for ghost.
    Hell, I'd trade Voracek for a package involving Timmins to be perfectly honest. I'll pass on trading Ghost for Ehlers as well.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this... but oh well thems the breaks... i wanted to move G 3 years ago for Ovie when ovie stock dropped tbh... id move G and Vor right now if i had it my way.... i get not moving G and i know we wont but man we could get a haul for G and still get something good for Vor and the couts line could be our top line.... i would have done that before we did the hayes deal etc though... now that we made those deals trading G would be moronic i guess... but trading vor needs to happen because i think we could still get something good because of his name alone.
    Ovie was never going to be moved.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Hell, I'd trade Voracek for a package involving Timmins to be perfectly honest. I'll pass on trading Ghost for Ehlers as well.
    why? I think they would be a great partner. They probably wouldn't do connor even if we added patrick. Ehlers is a stud. He would easily be our fastest skater. I don't know what more you can want/get for ghost. We get a 60-70 pt player at 6 million, ill take that

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    why? I think they would be a great partner. They probably wouldn't do connor even if we added patrick. Ehlers is a stud. He would easily be our fastest skater. I don't know what more you can want/get for ghost. We get a 60-70 pt player at 6 million, ill take that
    I'm not generally a fan of his game. He's a very hot and cold player and heavily sheltered. Even more so this year than normal. I think he would find his way into AV's doghouse pretty quickly considering he shares a lot of the same traits and Voracek. Now if there was a way to pull off a deal for Connor on the other hand then sign me up for that! Neither option is realistic anyway. I think we're probably stuck with Voracek for the foreseeable future.

    As for Ghost, when the inevitable clunker game comes I'd like to see him reunited with Provorov. Personally I think:

    Provorov-Ghost
    Sanheim-Myers
    Hagg-Niskanen

    Is the best defense pairing the Flyers can ice. With Provorov and Ghost appearing to be healthy now, I would like to see if they can perform again like they did 2 years ago and the reason for it not working last season being injury related. Probably won't happen, but I would like to see it.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    107,967
    i dont want ghost anywhere near prov lol... it was so bad last year.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i dont want ghost anywhere near prov lol... it was so bad last year.
    Well, thankfully you aren't making decisions. Ghost has his flaws, but he is a legitimate top 4 defender. Up until the past couple games he had seen the least amount of ice time with Couts line of all defenders. Past couple games his usage has changed and taken more shifts with Couturier's line. Voila. Good players still need other good players on the ice to play with. Particularly when facing good lines on the other side. Provorov-Ghost was arguably the best pairing in the NHL in the 2nd half of the 2017-2018 season. It would be stupid not to try that pairing again.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •