Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Frost was recalled.
    Hopefully he'll bring some spark to the offense.

Frost was recalled.
    4 game losing streak ... call up farabee
    lose by 6 to PIT ... call up myers
    blow a 3 goal lead ... call up frost

the last move the team has in reserve is nolan patrick but i don't see him getting in the lineup for at least another month. and even when he's ready to play, i just don't expect that much from him this year.

looking forward a bit, the next time management thinks the team needs a jolt, i think it's likely that voracek will be the chip that gets cashed in.

I loved Hextall but this is a move he'd never make. Get the young guys with speed up here. I think Frost is actually a guy who'll play better when he's surrounded by talent. Wonder if him or G will play wing? As much as I would hate to do it I'd be tempted to break up the Couts line to try to get other guys going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    He just needs to get back to grinding down low & forcing the puck into HDSC areas. He's trying to be a skill player when he should be playing like a power forward.
    Hence why the JVR-Hayes-Voracek line will work. It honestly should've never been messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    I loved Hextall but this is a move he'd never make. Get the young guys with speed up here. I think Frost is actually a guy who'll play better when he's surrounded by talent. Wonder if him or G will play wing? As much as I would hate to do it I'd be tempted to break up the Couts line to try to get other guys going.
    ya he never would have. And hak would never have farabee on the top pp form the get go. I am pleasantly suprised at how they have handled farabee. He has averaged 15 min and hasn't been benched after a bad game. He has been benched mid game but he hasn't sat out and watched a la sanheim, tk, and ghost.

It took tk almost 2-3 years to get consistent ice time and a bigger role.

as for the lines, here are the practise ones i think:

lindblom-couts-farabee
    giroux-frost-konecny
    jvr-hayes-voracek
    andreaoff-raffl-pitlick

this definitely means that patrick is going to be out longer than they even thought and they finally understand they need some more talent. Hopefully frost plays well or he might be sent back once laughton comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Hence why the JVR-Hayes-Voracek line will work. It honestly should've never been messed with.
    i hate this line. We'll see if it works but i dont think it will. If they play the possession game it can and they shoudl see less competition too.

Giroux-Frost-Konecny
    Lindblom-Couturier-Farabee
    JVR-Hayes-Voracek
    Andreoff-Raffl-Pitlick

Is likely what we are looking at. G's line will need to be heavily sheltered with zone starts, but it's doable.

Giroux-Frost-Konecny
    Lindblom-Couturier-Farabee
    JVR-Hayes-Voracek
    Andreoff-Raffl-Pitlick

Is likely what we are looking at. G's line will need to be heavily sheltered with zone starts, but it's doable.
    ya g's line would be but if we made a simple switch it wouldn't need to be:

g-frost-lindblom
    farabee-couts-tk

that could work too. Give that line a more defensively responsible guy who can do some board work too.

once laughton comes back (hopefully saturday)..

g-couts-farabee
    lindblom-frost-tk
    jvr-hayes-voracek
    rafffl-laughton-pitlick/andreoff----->once patrick is back: raffl-patrick-laughton

Yes. The whole be 3x better than the vet to take his spot thing was absolutely absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    once laughton comes back (hopefully saturday)..

g-couts-farabee
    lindblom-frost-tk
    jvr-hayes-voracek
    rafffl-laughton-pitlick/andreoff----->once patrick is back: raffl-patrick-laughton
    My guess is Frost gets sent back when Laughton is good to go, but it would certainly be nice to have Frost take off and force AV to keep him in the top 9.

My guess is Frost gets sent back when Laughton is good to go, but it would certainly be nice to have Frost take off and force AV to keep him in the top 9.
    i'd be surprised if frost isn't given a fairly long leash.
    Yes. The whole be 3x better than the vet to take his spot thing was absolutely absurd.
    correct.

that same mentality is also the reason why hextall couldn't close the deal for ryan oreilly last summer. BUF was bent over a barrel because of oreilly's contract, and hextall completely biffed it.

ya like steagles said...since laughton can come back as early as satruday...they could've easily just waited it out and gone with the lineup they have right now. AV and chuck wanted frost here knowing that too. Unless frost looks out of place, once laughton comes back I think we still see frost in the top 9 in place of patrick so that we can FINALLY FINALLY have a 4th line of:

raffl-laughton-andreaoff/pitlick.

Would be nice. Can have an elite 4th line

Good to see they picked right up where they left off from the 3rd period of the Islanders game. Thank god for Hart or it'd be about 3-0 5 minutes into the game. Nothing like a lucky bounce to Sanheim to switch the momentum.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast