Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Defense but we so heavily invested in defense that our offense feels like it needs it.
    You make it seem like the Flyers haven't invested in fwds.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    ima do it again boys just for my man 1908..... told everyone we would start off the season much better than people thought... BOOM... we rolling.
    You have not understood my issue with this team, MTM. I've been on record over and over again saying I think this is an okay team. Because they are. The issue is that they're not great. I said all off-season we would compete for a WC spot. Never have changed. Wont change off that. They're okay. I think they're an okay team, with an okay coach, and an okay GM who have done an okay job. In a league where literally half of it makes the playoffs, being okay will get you in.

My entire issue is that I think they've mis-managed many of their long term investments and will have a hard time improving this team from okay to great.

And before we get too far ahead of ourselves...yes...today they're riding high. But the entire season has been way up or way down. In a week, would be at all be shocked to see them lose three games again? I wouldn't. That's been the year so far. Good spurts. Bad spurts. Will probably continue that pattern most of the year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    You make it seem like the Flyers haven't invested in fwds.
    We have “very good players” ... we don’t have someone who is yearly above ppg elite.

Couturier is our elite guy. Patty could be.

We have absolute studs on defense

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    We have “very good players” ... we don’t have someone who is yearly above ppg elite.

Couturier is our elite guy. Patty could be.

We have absolute studs on defense
    You don't fix that by trading your 1 Norris caliber defender.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    You don't fix that by trading your 1 Norris caliber defender.
    his potential has always been a Norris, this is the first season he is trending towards a top 10 finish in the vote. A feat someone else on the team accomplished ... same person also finished top 20 in voting too.

It isn’t a fix, it is a consideration of asset management. Would I do that trade today, absolutely not.
    Last edited by castan_b; 12-01-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Raffl on Long Term injury.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728