Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warriors

The Warriors

Stephen Curry expected to miss at least three months following hand surgery do they tank?

Should the rest of the league be on notice?

I believe the Warriors will dominate the year after. After trading Russell and using the trade exception to re up on depth I firmly believe that we will have our depth and a solid SF from the draft and we will be terrorizing the NBA once again.

Please feel free to chime in.

We're pretty ****ed right now, lol
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

When it rains it pours for them. They had so much good luck (drafting Green so low, Curry not only turning in to an offensive juggernaut but also him being hurt so much early on to take a heavy discount, the salary cap explosion that coincided with Durant’s free agent year, Durant being a *****, Kerr reneging on his word about coaching in NY, the Cavs being gutted by injuries in 2015, Mark Jackson finally wearing out his welcome, the owners being the last owners to buy low before these billion dollar acquisitions started, being close to all these tech people with their never ending money now that they’re branching out into the sports world, etc....) and now so much bad luck (Durant leaving because Green is an ******* and he saw the writing on the wall, Klay’s injury and now Steph’s injury, Iguadala talking **** to the point that they shipped him out after we kept hearing over and over that they could afford everybody).

I don’t think they’ll ever be as dominant as they were with Durant but they should be contenders for a few more years after this year.

It’s funny how Lacob used to say how much more advanced they were than everybody else in the league but really, they just got lucky a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    We're pretty ****ed right now, lol
    I don't think so to be honest. This will be a bad year yes but with a lottery pick, our trade exception and letting Russell build his trade value I say Curry will at least get 2 more rings!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    When it rains it pours for them. They had so much good luck (drafting Green so low, Curry not only turning in to an offensive juggernaut but also him being hurt so much early on to take a heavy discount, the salary cap explosion that coincided with Durant’s free agent year, Durant being a *****, Kerr reneging on his word about coaching in NY, the Cavs being gutted by injuries in 2015, Mark Jackson finally wearing out his welcome, the owners being the last owners to buy low before these billion dollar acquisitions started, being close to all these tech people with their never ending money now that they’re branching out into the sports world, etc....) and now so much bad luck (Durant leaving because Green is an ******* and he saw the writing on the wall, Klay’s injury and now Steph’s injury, Iguadala talking **** to the point that they shipped him out after we kept hearing over and over that they could afford everybody).

I don’t think they’ll ever be as dominant as they were with Durant but they should be contenders for a few more years after this year.

It’s funny how Lacob used to say how much more advanced they were than everybody else in the league but really, they just got lucky a bunch.
    See post above Tramp

I personally think they should tank. Steph out a minimum of 3 months. Klay all but out for the year. Why push it?

See what Russell can fetch on the trade market, if its all low balls, then just hang onto him. Dray needs to rest the back half of the season, to get a even higher draft pick. Especially if the splash brothers finally get ruled out for the year, post ASB.

as if the warriors have a choice to tank or not right now. they can do a few more things next summer including getting Thompson back of course, but they are already over the hard cap for next year and their roster is starting to get pretty old. the trade exception could get them a few pieces, but its just as likely to do nothing. I think their future rides on what they can get for Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I don't think so to be honest. This will be a bad year yes but with a lottery pick, our trade exception and letting Russell build his trade value I say Curry will at least get 2 more rings!
    It’s possible no doubt but this is gonna be a rough rough year and then next year will be filled with a lot of question marks. Less than this year but still a lot. I do think we will win at least 1 more tho.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    as if the warriors have a choice to tank or not right now. they can do a few more things next summer including getting Thompson back of course, but they are already over the hard cap for next year and their roster is starting to get pretty old. the trade exception could get them a few pieces, but its just as likely to do nothing. I think their future rides on what they can get for Russell.
    Hard cap is year to year. Potentially you mean tax. But even so, a lot if teams will be bumped up against that next season if that 15% revenue disappears and isn't replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Hard cap is year to year. Potentially you mean tax. But even so, a lot if teams will be bumped up against that next season if that 15% revenue disappears and isn't replaced.
    You might know this: is that $17 million trade exception a part of the hard cap or not? I assume they can trade a pick to receive someone that fits salary wise but I’m not sure.

I personally think they should tank. Steph out a minimum of 3 months. Klay all but out for the year. Why push it?

See what Russell can fetch on the trade market, if its all low balls, then just hang onto him. Dray needs to rest the back half of the season, to get a even higher draft pick. Especially if the splash brothers finally get ruled out for the year, post ASB.
    But Lacob already said that they wouldn’t do that. So either he’ll be a hypocrite and shut down Dray/Curry or he’ll basically roll the die and hope they don’t get hurt again and they’ll expend a lot of energy for nothing. Regardless, I doubt they’re going to win a lot no matter who is out there until Klay gets back (assuming Dray and/or Curry don’t get hurt).

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You might know this: is that $17 million trade exception a part of the hard cap or not? I assume they can trade a pick to receive someone that fits salary wise but I’m not sure.
    They can, just not the full amount, during the season.

I can't remember where I posted it earlier but they only have $1 million of wiggle room, currently. They're at $137 million and some change in guaranteed salary for this season and the hard cap is $138 million and some change. They can't exceed that $138 million mark for any reason, this season.

I shared this link earlier but I think it explains it better than I'm able to https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/...or-201920.html

They can, just not the full amount, during the season.

I can't remember where I posted it earlier but they only have $1 million of wiggle room, currently. They're at $137 million and some change in guaranteed salary for this season and the hard cap is $138 million and some change. They can't exceed that $138 million mark for any reason, this season.

I shared this link earlier but I think it explains it better than I'm able to https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/...or-201920.html
    And won’t that exception expire right after FA begins next July? So they’ll have a few weeks to work something out when everyone is looking to re-tool? Then again, some of the teams close to the lower cap number might be giving someone away for a low first and exception.

But I guess that exception won’t help then this year, if ever.

Stop trying to win games now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Last year's Warriors: Steph, Klay, KD, Dray, Cousins, Iggy, Livingston

Current Warriors: DLo and Dray

They should absolutely tank this year. No way they're a top 8 team out west. Probably bottom 3 is more realistic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast