Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Oh **** Mac is back!

2011 draft has been one of the more productive drafts the Mets have had in a long time.

Nimmo
    Fulmer
    Gsellman
    Gant
    Lugo

Thatís 5 guys that are perennial Mlb players.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Oh **** Mac is back!
    That's awesome!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Only three 50 and above is not that great.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    FWIW the Astros and Rockies only have 2. The mean is probably 3 or 4.

But the 3 guys right below can be 50 and above hence the 45+.

System Overview

This group is a bit thinner at the top because of Pete Alonsoís graduation and the Marcus Stroman trade (and, of course, thereís no Jarred Kelenic or Justin Dunn), but a tier of teenagers (mostly arms) in the lower levels of the system have emerged to make it deeper.

Both recent agents-turned-GM, the Metsí Brodie Van Wagenen and ex-Diamondback Dave Stewart, were a little cavalier with dealing away prospects early during their tenures. If you care about surplus value, then the Robinson Canů deal was instant highway robbery for Seattle. If you donít, itís probably starting to look that way. But the Keon Broxton trade, in which the Mets surrendered three prospects for a player who was DFAíd by Baltimore less than a year later, was another, almost immediate example.

Decision-makers deserve time to adjust the same way players do. The Mets beefed up the analytics department last year. Weíre still waiting to see if they start scouting the lowest levels of the minors, but if their goal is to compete right now, then theyíre not likely to acquire that type of player anyway. How the international department sustains its recent level of excellence in the absence of departed Chris Becerra will be a key to continuing to stock a system that looks better than we anticipated when we began sourcing.

Cant disagree with that overview of the system at all.

Brody came in and made some really questionable moves as far as giving up prospects go and many of the backfire but second season he has been more reserved and perhaps gun shy after the Cano/Diaz deal.

The farm is not depleted by any means, just really in the young side with just a handful of pitchers that may be ready to help in the near future and almost no bats, but thatís ok because they have a young core of bats in the majors.

They get an extra pick this year with Wheeler signing with Philly, thatís 3 top 75 picks I believe so that farm will get another solid boost.

Now if competitive(which I believe they will be), will they trade more top prospects to get help come mid season?

Their is a couple of guys in there that I had not heard much about but now intrigued me.

But the 3 guys right below can be 50 and above hence the 45+.
    50 is average.
    The Mets, in the opinion of Fangraphs, have one prospect that has a Future Value of being above average. Now that can change but right now they donít believe in the young prospects.

50 is average.
    The Mets, in the opinion of Fangraphs, have one prospect that has a Future Value of being above average. Now that can change but right now they donít believe in the young prospects.
    Well at one time they had Alonso as a 40 and 45.

Things will change and thatís a fact because they always do.

But again taking their words, they think itís deeper than they thought before delving into their evaluation.

Well at one time they had Alonso as a 40 and 45.

Things will change and thatís a fact because they always do.

But again taking their words, they think itís deeper than they thought before delving into their evaluation.
    Again it's their opinion, I am a big believer in Alaverez and I'll take a wait a see approach on both Allan and Baty.

They are being conservatives with many of the young guys and rightfully so, but they have acknowledged the potential in some of them.

The guy that they ranked pretty high and Iíll be honest donít know much about but their review of him peaked my interest is Endy Rodriguez. A switch hitting catcher with good defense?

This was their scouting report.

Rodriguez lost some time to a hamstring strain last year and it may have masked his real athleticism for a while during an otherwise stellar first summer in the states. This is a very athletic, switch-hitting catcher with advanced feel for contact, and a few of the sources we spoke with about Rodriguez were actually most excited about his defense. The movement, receiving, and catch-and-throw skills are fine, but Rodriguez has also seen time at first base and in the outfield, so he might be a very interesting, multi-positional player. We have him valued where we had Rafael Marchan and Gabriel Moreno at the same stage.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast