Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    For a moment there I thought you were talking about John Updike the novelist.

Yes that's sucks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    For a moment there I thought you were talking about John Updike the novelist.

Yes that's sucks.
    Who's responsible? Brodie? Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Who's responsible? Brodie? Anybody?
    Seems like their has been some kind of power struggle between some of the guys here from the old regime and the new regime or so what I read.

Either that or he got a better opportunity because he left the job for something else.

Is this system sneakily better than many think? Feels like they have some really young assets that are being undervalued. Any deep sleepers you really like?

Matt Eddy: I would assess it as a volatile system. Their low-level prospects have high ceilings. From Mauricio to Alvarez to Baty to Allan to Wolf, you're looking at players who have the *raw talent* to become Top 100 Prospects -- or in the cases of Mauricio and Alvarez, simply retain that standing and move into the top 50. The system's weaknesses are also apparent. The Mets lack upper-level talent that could impact the big club in 2020. Also missing is a pure center fielder to help fill a gap on the major league roster.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The way I see it Mauricio, Alvarez, Allan, Baty, and Wolf are the prospects to be excited about. The problem is that they are all on the Lower levels. Overall our farm system isnít great or deep. Obviously Brodie did a masterful job dismantling our farm system last year lol. But these are the one we canít afford to trade at this point

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    The way I see it Mauricio, Alvarez, Allan, Baty, and Wolf are the prospects to be excited about. The problem is that they are all on the Lower levels. Overall our farm system isnít great or deep. Obviously Brodie did a masterful job dismantling our farm system last year lol. But these are the one we canít afford to trade at this point
    A lot of good, raw talent from this past draft....If we can hit on half of them to be league average or better MLB players then in about two years our system will be near the top of the charts. That's a big if, hopefully we can get a better picture after seeing a full season from a lot of them this year.

The scary thing is I still am not sold on Gimenez.....He has a lot of hype but his numbers don't jump of the page. It's still a "potential" thing at this point for me. I like Marcicio alot, along with Allan, Wolf and Baty.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Mauricio, Alavarez, Baty & Allan should all be in High A by season's end. Baty might be in AA. He is only a few months younger than Kelenic.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Mauricio, Alavarez, Baty & Allan should all be in High A by season's end. Baty might be in AA. He is only a few months younger than Kelenic.
    True. Mauricio will start in high A. Baty Allan and Alvarez in low A. As for Baty Iím not sure Iím ready to say he flies through the minor like Kelenic did although I like Baty

They will have 3 picks in the top 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Who is?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast