Baty
    Allan
    Gimenez
    Vientos
    Szapucki
    Wolf
    Smith
    Peterson

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Thatís probably how I would rank them myself.

Smith clearly took a huge stop forward this year and can be seen as a guy that can help in the majors.

Alvarez glove seems to be getting some good feedback and thatís great because if I had one concern with him would be his catching. The bat will be solid. Wonder how fast they move him?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Baseball America NY Mets top 10

Mauricio
    Alvarez
    Baty
    Allan
    Gimenez
    Vientos
    Szapucki
    Wolf
    Smith
    Peterson
    So excited to follow these guys this year.

In order, Iím most hopeful for:

Mauricio
    Szapucki
    Alvarez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Smith clearly took a huge stop forward this year and can be seen as a guy that can help in the majors.

Alvarez glove seems to be getting some good feedback and thatís great because if I had one concern with him would be his catching. The bat will be solid. Wonder how fast they move him?
    Awesome that his glove is getting good feedback. I havenít read a whole bunch, please post such things when you come across them, Sick.

I always appreciate Clays info he brings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BA
    Are evaluators impressed by Francisco Alvarez's bat as a catcher? Or does his hitting potential transcend position? I know he'll make every effort to stick there, and it sounds like he has a real chance to be an average MLB catcher, but it's hard to tell what scale his bat is being measured on.

Carlos Collazo: This is a good question and one worth answering. I think it's hard to completely remove the position from the evaluation of a bat in general, but I will say that several people I talked with thought he was the best hitter in the leagueóperiod. I think it's fair to say scouts think he'll be an above-average major league hitter, not just an above-average hitter for a catcher.

I apologize if this was posted.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

1. Francisco Alvarez, C, Kingsport (Mets)
    Age: 17. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 5-11. Wt.: 220. Signed: Venezuela, 2018.

Alvarez began his first pro season in the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League before showing that his bat was more than advanced enough for the level (1.395 OPS). He was promoted to Kingsport, where he posted an .820 OPS over 35 games while being more than three years younger than the average hitter.

Alvarez has extremely strong hands and forearms, with an advanced swing, solid barrel control and impressive usage of the opposite field with impact. Defensively, he has impressive arm strength and handles a staff well despite his youth, with the tools to be an above-average defender with continued refinement. The 17-year-old backstop is also praised for his work ethic and enthusiasm on the field in addition to his well-rounded tool set.

"Thatís what shocked me when I found out he was 17,Ē one Appy League manager said. "You donít see kids that young who can catch that well usually. Tremendous arm strength, and (he) shut down our running game.Ē

Sucks heís so far away.

But it seems like heís our catcher of the future.

He should end up in High A by the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He should end up in High A by the end of next year.
    We should trade him for Ellsbury...we need a CF

2020 NY Mets Minor League and Prospects

Mets protected Jordan Humphreys, Thomas Szapucki, Ali Sanchez and Andres Gimenez by adding them to their 40 man roster.

Gagnon was DFA.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 11-20-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mets protected Jordan Humphreys, Thomas Szapucki, Ali Sanchez and Andres Gimenez by adding them to their 40 man roster.

Gagnon was DFA.
    Surprised more werenít DFAíd and more werenít protected. Definitely think weíre going to lose guys.

Mazeika and Carpio could be taken, Maybe Uceta.

On the Rule V? I seriously doubt it.

Jon Updike left the Mets, he was the scout responsible for getting Alonso and Matt Allen, so that sucks.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast