Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    BVW is the third-greatest GM in the history of the Mets with potential to be the best. I think he did a great job meeting ownership's objectives for 2019/20. The GM doesn't control what happens on the field. Only way he does not return is if Cohen or Alderson has a personal problem with BVW -- with whom Alderson has worked with negotiating player contracts. Word was BVW was well respected as being up front and honest with players and GMs.
    Holy crap. A Dugmet sighting.

BVW is the third-greatest GM in the history of the Mets with potential to be the best. I think he did a great job meeting ownership's objectives for 2019/20. The GM doesn't control what happens on the field. Only way he does not return is if Cohen or Alderson has a personal problem with BVW -- with whom Alderson has worked with negotiating player contracts. Word was BVW was well respected as being up front and honest with players and GMs.
    I guess is BVW taking the mantle for you to defend now that the Wilpons are gone. Lmao

Good to see you back.

Yeah I agree, except that I don’t think they necessarily have a problem with BVW if they decide to go in another direction.

Welcome back.

If BVW is retained, it will be in a diminished role, even if he keeps his title of GM. Alderson and Cohen will be calling the shots and making all key decisions with respect to baseball operations going forward. But they better be doing something behind the scenes to prevent BVW and Jeffy boy from making any decisions between the end of the World Series and the moment Cohen is approved. That is a scary thought having the blowhard BVW and the no knowledge of anything important Jeffy in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    If BVW is retained, it will be in a diminished role, even if he keeps his title of GM. Alderson and Cohen will be calling the shots and making all key decisions with respect to baseball operations going forward. But they better be doing something behind the scenes to prevent BVW and Jeffy boy from making any decisions between the end of the World Series and the moment Cohen is approved. That is a scary thought having the blowhard BVW and the no knowledge of anything important Jeffy in charge.
    It’ll be a very short period after the World Series. Jeffy won’t be allowed to screw this up, only thing I can think of is maybe they’ll let him use the adult urinal (with a step stool of course)

I’m curious why Alvarez would be #1 all of the sudden.

Kind of weird to even rank prospects when there wasn’t a season...even weirder to put the #1 prospect as a guy who showed absolutely nothing in the majors. I get that he’s still developing but still, there was no baseball player, how does he end up at #1 all of the sudden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I’m curious why Alvarez would be #1 all of the sudden.

Kind of weird to even rank prospects when there wasn’t a season...even weirder to put the #1 prospect as a guy who showed absolutely nothing in the majors. I get that he’s still developing but still, there was no baseball player, how does he end up at #1 all of the sudden?

Are you confusing Francisco Alvarez with Ali Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by mtm183 View Post
    Are you confusing Francisco Alvarez with Ali Sanchez?
    LOL!!!

Wow! Yes I was.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    We may hot have a ton of depth but there are more than a few guys to get excited about in that top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    LOL!!!

Wow! Yes I was.

No worries. For what it's worth, I'm also glad that Ali Sanchez is not our top prospect..

Per https://www.mlb.com/prospects/mets

RANK PLAYER

1 Ronny Mauricio

2 Francisco Alvarez

3 Brett Baty

4 Matthew Allan

5 Pete Crow-Armstrong

6 J.T. Ginn

7 Mark Vientos

8 Thomas Szapucki

9 Josh Wolf

10 Isaiah Greene

I guess everyone has their lists.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

RANK PLAYER

1 Ronny Mauricio

2 Francisco Alvarez

3 Brett Baty

4 Matthew Allan

5 Pete Crow-Armstrong

6 J.T. Ginn

7 Mark Vientos

8 Thomas Szapucki

9 Josh Wolf

10 Isaiah Greene

I think Ginn is going to be a star. Not too bullish on Vientos anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mtm183 View Post
    No worries. For what it's worth, I'm also glad that Ali Sanchez is not our top prospect..
    Serious brain fart lol. Thanks for correcting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

RANKPLAYER

1 Ronny Mauricio

2 Francisco Alvarez

3Brett Baty

4Matthew Allan

5Pete Crow-Armstrong

6J.T. Ginn

7 Mark Vientos

8Thomas Szapucki

9Josh Wolf

10Isaiah Greene

Seems this list just didn’t consider Peterson and Gimenez as prospects anymore

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast