Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    This is not the season to be trading assets at the deadline and Brodie isn't necessarily the guy who should be entrusted with that at this point regardless, given the pending sale.
    If I were a GM of another team, i'd be ringing BVW's phone off the hook to try and fleece him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Agree. That's why he made mediocre trades, but really bad one trading Kevin Smith for a bum in Castro.....

He's trying to save his trade attempting to upgrade with smaller deals.

I suspect he'll be gone.

New owners, in general prefer to bring in their own guys.
    Long time no see Paulie. Hope you're doing well.

Agree that he most likely would be gone. Unless you're a top GM, new owners won't keep you.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    Long time no see Paulie. Hope you're doing well.

Agree that he most likely would be gone. Unless you're a top GM, new owners won't keep you.
    Thanks Mookie! Hope you're doing well too.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Thanks Mookie! Hope you're doing well too.
    Thanks. Doing ok here Paulie considering things. Adjusting to this new weird life.

Does anyone have any intel on what some of our top (non-taxi squad) prospects have been doing in lieu of playing games this lost summer? Baty? Crow Armstrong? Allen? Mauricio, etc? They must be congregating, working out and getting game sims in somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Does anyone have any intel on what some of our top (non-taxi squad) prospects have been doing in lieu of playing games this lost summer? Baty? Crow Armstrong? Allen? Mauricio, etc? They must be congregating, working out and getting game sims in somewhere.
    A few of them were added to the 60 man pool, so they played in BK.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I'm curious how different organizations approached this. How each essentially managed their most valuable future assets this year is the difference between collective professional growth and a lost season that can impact the parent club for years

I have not heard anything about whether there will be an Arizona Instructional League this fall.

I cannot believe that Miami is not only in the post-season, but about to win in the first round. Who would have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I cannot believe that Miami is not only in the post-season, but about to win in the first round. Who would have thought?
    Yes! My darkhorse pick to make it to the WS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    It was only a 60 game season . Lest you forget that last year the Nats had a losing record after 50 or 60 games but won a WS. In a normal season there weould still be 102 games left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    It was only a 60 game season . Lest you forget that last year the Nats had a losing record after 50 or 60 games but won a WS. In a normal season there weould still be 102 games left to play.
    Spot on. It's one reason why I could not into baseball this year.

2020 NY Mets Minor League and Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Yup exactly. This is my argument for why Brodie shouldnít lose his job too. Not sure how many teams can be successful when they lose their #2, #3, and #4 starters from the previous season in an organization where starting pitching has been the foundation for years.

But Iíll defer to Cohenís judgement. Iím good with whatever he does because we finally have an owner who projects to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yup exactly. This is my argument for why Brodie shouldnít lose his job too. Not sure how many teams can be successful when they lose their #2, #3, and #4 starters from the previous season in an organization where starting pitching has been the foundation for years.

But Iíll defer to Cohenís judgement. Iím good with whatever he does because we finally have an owner who projects to be great.
    Even if he's decent, that will still be a huge upgrade over the Wilpons.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

BVW is the third-greatest GM in the history of the Mets with potential to be the best. I think he did a great job meeting ownership's objectives for 2019/20. The GM doesn't control what happens on the field. Only way he does not return is if Cohen or Alderson has a personal problem with BVW -- with whom Alderson has worked with negotiating player contracts. Word was BVW was well respected as being up front and honest with players and GMs.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast