Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1485
    https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...K8IAagOwZsQ_3Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...WcXEUhoFyAG1nQ

Imo Ziegler is the Mets top pitching prospect right now because of all the uncertainty around Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Imo Ziegler is the Mets top pitching prospect right now because of all the uncertainty around Allen.

Has Allan had a setback, or are you referring to the original TJ, that has him possibly throwing later this year?

I saw his stats which were impressive but I never get excited about a player in the lower minor league which he is in

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...hEvClX-xcJilvw

Missed this the other day. 85 pitches in 5 innings is still kind of high, and what he needs to work on IMO, but Peterson bounced back nicely in his second AAA start.

He's scheduled to go tonight. Nice to have a decent option in reserve, because Megill, Carrasco and Walker either didn't pitch a lot last year, or faded down the stretch, and might need a calculated break now and then.

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...oJKIIts4Nz0D-g

Once againn , stats are impressive but he is pitching in lower A Ball so cannot get excited about him

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Once againn , stats are impressive but he is pitching in lower A Ball so cannot get excited about him
    I don't see any hyperbole around these posts, whose purpose isn't to get anyone excited, but to give updates that help those interested keep track of our minor leaguers. Of course low A is a long way from Flushing, and if someone is old for the level, or repeating, any perceived success needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But in many instances, it's our first pro data on a pick that interests us, or a sign that someone who had been struggling has turned it around, or is poised to make a jump (or, in Khalil Lee's case, the opposite), all of which which makes it interesting.

Most years by July this thread is all I've got! And I'm thankful to Sick and others for their POV, and for sharing posts from pros like Resnick, Dove, Mayer, Law, etc. We're Mets fans. We know that getting excited about anything or anyone is dangerous. But when we see progress from Ziegler, or signs of a breakout from Vientos, or Shervyen Newton finally putting the bat on the ball, we can at least be encouraged.
    Last edited by The Futurist; 05-14-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I don't see any hyperbole around these posts, whose purpose isn't to get anyone excited, but to give updates that help those interested keep track of our minor leaguers. Of course low A is a long way from Flushing, and if someone is old for the level, or repeating, any perceived success needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But in many instances, it's our first pro data on a pick that interests us, or a sign that someone who had been struggling has turned it around, or is poised to make a jump (or, in Khalil Lee's case, the opposite), all of which which makes it interesting.

Most years by July this thread is all I've got! And I'm thankful to Sick and others for their POV, and for sharing posts from pros like Resnick, Dove, Mayer, Law, etc. We're Mets fans. We know that getting excited about anything or anyone is dangerous. But when we see progress from Ziegler, or signs of a breakout from Vientos, or Shervyen Newton finally putting the bat on the ball, we can at least be encouraged.
    Yeah Dave donít get it.

This are updates on what some of the well know prospects are doing and what some of the lesser know ones are up to.

Youíre getting some perspective from what guys who are seeing them first hand get to see.

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...ScOXBfVvrQl6KA

Success. Adversity. Adjustment. Success. Good to see.

Yeah Dave donít get it.

This are updates on what some of the well know prospects are doing and what some of the lesser know ones are up to.

Youíre getting some perspective from what guys who are seeing them first hand get to see.

I appreciate to know what our prospects are doing and I thank you for it . I just don't get excited about any lower A prospects .

Aside from Peterson at Syracuse now , unless I am mistaken we do not have any pitching prospect who is close to major league ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I appreciate to know what our prospects are doing and I thank you for it . I just don't get excited about any lower A prospects .

Aside from Peterson at Syracuse now , unless I am mistaken we do not have any pitching prospect who is close to major league ready.
    People said the same thing before Tyler Megill broke on the scene. Also, Peterson is no longer a prospect.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast