Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2173
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    The thing about Mauricio is he (IMO) has both the highest ceiling and lowest floor of our top 4. I kind of see how Vientos will turn out (and he may soon be a contributor); Alvarez' star potential is obvious and probable; and Baty seems like he can be a potential anchor at 3B and all-star. But if he puts it all together Mauricio might be a 5-tool contributor... or a bust. And yes, the older he gets (and the less exponential progress we see), the more the ceiling drops. Of the 4, I'd rather trade Vientos, but understand it might take Mauricio to get a good chip. Trading Baty and Alvarez makes no sense because they're close, very good, and fill positions of need.
    Exactly. Unless Devers is on the table, Baty shouldn't be considered trade bait. Probably no one else will be realistically available that makes sense to trade Baty

I would trade Alvarez for Devers and wouldn't bat an eyelash. That's how much I like Devers. It doesn't matter though because its not happening and even if it did, it would be by the time Alvarez was already in the bigs. That would make a trade even less likely.

I don't think Mauricio has the highest ceiling. Still think that's Alvarez even if Mauricio gets better at the things he not good at. There are real questions about Mauricio plate discipline and if he'll hit for enough power at the major league level. I trust Viento's bat more than I trust Mauricio's.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-28-2022 at 08:43 PM.

2020 NY Mets Minor League and Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I would trade Alvarez for Devers and wouldn't bat an eyelash. That's how much I like Devers. It doesn't matter though because its not happening and even if it did, it would be by the time Alvarez was already in the bigs. That would make a trade even less likely.

I don't think Mauricio has the highest ceiling. Still think that's Alvarez. There are real questions about Mauricio plate discipline and if he'll hit for enough power at the major league level. I trust Viento's bat more than I trust Mauricio's.
    Devers is legit one of the very best hitters in baseball. Id happily trade Mauricio and Baty for him. And Id even include Vientos if that meant we could keep Alvarez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Devers is legit one of the very best hitters in baseball. Id happily trade Mauricio and Baty for him. And Id even include Vientos if that meant we could keep Alvarez.

The likelihood of Devers being available comes down to whether the Red Sox are willing to pay him obviously. I think when push comes to shove they will. They're not dealing him this deadline so it becomes about this offseason or next trade deadline. At that point, I would leave Alvarez off the table. If they decided to move him now, I would give them Alvarez. Yeah it would suck but Devers is that good that I wouldnt be overly mad. The Mets would have to re-sign him of course though.

Alvarez should be catching Scherzer tomorrow for his rehab start, so that's pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/jacob_resnick/st...EQuK2z4A2usEVg

Alvarez hit another homer tonight. Number 18 on the season. He's catching Scherzer tonight I believe as well.

Last edited by metswon69; 06-29-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Scherzer pitched 3 scoreless innings tonight (5K) but he has given up 3 runs in the 4th on single and doubles.

Alvarez hit another homer tonight. Number 18 on the season. He's catching Scherzer tonight I believe as well.

Another home run where the OFer barely even moves.

I don't know what this team is waiting for sending him to AAA. I'm not advocating bringing him up to the majors but I mean if a guy like Michael Harris can have success making the jump from AA, its certainly possible Alvarez could.

I don't know what this team is waiting for sending him to AAA. I'm not advocating bringing him up to the majors but I mean if a guy like Michael Harris can have success making the jump from AA, its certainly possible Alvarez could.
    Im starting to think thats exactly what theyre gonna do. Possibly they dont see the benefit in AAA right now and finding his way on a new team, when they are planning on moving him to the bigs not long after.

Who knows. But we sure could use him.

What is the rush?

He will probably be moved up when about 75-80% of the AA season has been reached. Let him have a good AA year. You don't want to risk him going to AAA and not hitting immediately and losing his confidence.

Years ago people use to make the argument for some Met players to make the jump to the majors from AA, and they always cited Sammy Sosa. It doesn't prove anything. Every player is different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    The thing about Mauricio is he (IMO) has both the highest ceiling and lowest floor of our top 4. I kind of see how Vientos will turn out (and he may soon be a contributor); Alvarez' star potential is obvious and probable; and Baty seems like he can be a potential anchor at 3B and all-star. But if he puts it all together Mauricio might be a 5-tool contributor... or a bust. And yes, the older he gets (and the less exponential progress we see), the more the ceiling drops. Of the 4, I'd rather trade Vientos, but understand it might take Mauricio to get a good chip. Trading Baty and Alvarez makes no sense because they're close, very good, and fill positions of need.
    I don't think Maurcio has the highest ceiling. I do like him, however. But he doesn't get many walks and does strike out a lot. So does Alvarez, but at least Alvarez is drawing walks. That said, Mauricio has raised his average of late to .255. Let's see what he does when he reaches AAA. I suspect all three, Batty, Alvarez and Mauricio will be playing at AAA the start of next season, perhaps even all may be moved up late this season.

I do agree that the number one trade bait is Vientos.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    I don't think Maurcio has the highest ceiling. I do like him, however. But he doesn't get many walks and does strike out a lot. So does Alvarez, but at least Alvarez is drawing walks. That said, Mauricio has raised his average of late to .255. Let's see what he does when he reaches AAA. I suspect all three, Batty, Alvarez and Mauricio will be playing at AAA the start of next season, perhaps even all may be moved up late this season.

It's subjective. Ceiling and floor is different than surest bet to succeed.
    I say Mauricio has such a high ceiling because of his frame, the fact that he's still filling out, his athleticism and the fact that even as a disappointment he's putting up solid numbers. If he fills out and finds a consistent swing he can be a star.If not, say hello to F-Mart, Milledge and Sherveyan Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post

Vientos is the guy I'd be least upset to lose. He's not the guy teams are most excited about. He also can be of value to us this year, but that wouldn't stop me from dealing him.

If I were trading with the Mets I'd try to pry Ramirez from them. He's farthest away but I have him 2nd to Alvarez in the system.