Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

That's awesome to hear.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

SNY is a journalistic wasteland but I do enjoy the prospect videos they regularly post from St. Lucie.

-Crow-Armstrong looks like he is going to be an elite defender.
    -Allan has a flawless motion/delivery and crazy arm speed.
    -Szapucki's arm slot is a bit low, and his release is like a dart thrower, which reminds me of Sid Fernandez, which isn't a bad thing.
    -Khalil Lee is a legit athlete and might be a steal.
    -Hard to tell what to think of Baty and Vientos from video only because it's mostly BP, though.
    -Mauricio has a sweet swing and the ball jumps off his bat.
    Can't wait to see them in games.

Nice Swing!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Ronnie Mauricio Is going to be the real deal. That kid seems to have doubled in size in the last year. Those legs are going to generate a lot of power going forward.

I'm enjoying the extra AB's these kids are getting this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    Ronnie Mauricio Is going to be the real deal. That kid seems to have doubled in size in the last year. Those legs are going to generate a lot of power going forward.
    Future LF/RF or 3B, he will not be SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Future LF/RF or 3B, he will not be SS.
    I think the Mets knew that Gimenez was the only "true" ss in the mix with Rosario and Mauricio. That is why they always thought Rosario might be a "possible" convert to CF and Mauricio as a 3b or 2b.

So now they have Lindor instead of Gimenez and a number of true CF candidates (Pillar, Almora, Khalil and Crow-Armstrong) instead of a "possible" convert to CF in Rosario.

The only part of the Lindor trade that might come back to bite the Mets is Gimenez but Lindor is still young and definitely a better player than Gimenez at this point in time - no comparison can be made between the 2 yet.

Bren: The Mets generally arenít in on top ranked international talent, with a few exceptions. Do you see this changing under Steve Cohen?

12:08
    Kevin Goldstein:
    I mean . . . weíll see? Itís one thing to just write checks down there, but you need to have a scouting and development infrastructure as well.

IFA deals are decided years before hand,

It's gotten so bad (scouting 13 year olds for future classes) that more people are hoping for an International draft.

No reason to believe the Mets won't more proactive in the IFA market. It's a shame Porter was such a **** up because I think he would have been excellent in that department. I think Scott will be too but its always good to have more good baseball minds in the fold.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast