Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Can he hit... At all. LOL

Michael Mayer

Huge night for Mets top prospect Francisco Alvarez in his full season debut for the St. Lucie Mets:

4-for-5, 2B, BB, 2 RBI

A few of them had good nights.

With Lindor here for 10 years, I can't wait to see what happens with Mauricio, Baty, and Vientos. I think all 3 could be MLB caliber starters eventually. I'd like to see one at 2B and one at 3B in the next couple of years. I don't see McNeil sticking around for 2+ more years as an everyday 2B.

Can Mauricio play 2B with Baty at 3B? Or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Michael Mayer

Huge night for Mets top prospect Francisco Alvarez in his full season debut for the St. Lucie Mets:

4-for-5, 2B, BB, 2 RBI
    I can see him getting promoted to AA by mid season 2021. Then if things progress according to plan maybe AAA to start 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    With Lindor here for 10 years, I can't wait to see what happens with Mauricio, Baty, and Vientos. I think all 3 could be MLB caliber starters eventually. I'd like to see one at 2B and one at 3B in the next couple of years. I don't see McNeil sticking around for 2+ more years as an everyday 2B.

Can Mauricio play 2B with Baty at 3B? Or vice versa?
    I think Vientos is the one who might get trade, Mauricio or Baty will be at 3b and the other will end up being groomed as a corner OFer. Watching Alonso at 1b the past couple of days was, honestly, scary. He is not athletic enough to play there with true MLB caliber first basemen. So it is possible that Alonso goes to DH and one of Mauricio, Baty or Vientos end up at 1b. Then there is always the question about Dom Smith. He would be at 1b now if the NL had the DH now.

And yes, we have to see what we have with McNeil as a 2b because if he isn't the real deal offensively and defensively, I can see a case made that Mauricio get moved there and that leaves Baty at 3b.

I would like to see Alonso at DH, Dom at first if his bat can be legit, then Mauricio and Baty at 2B/3B if one of them is athletic enough for 2B (I think Mauricio from what I can tell so far). Vientos can be trade bait, or hell, maybe Baty can be trade bait. If you think they are all legit MLB caliber players, then trade Baty or Vientos if the return is right. But we need a legit CFer.

Would like to sign Kris Bryant for 3B next year then corner OF in the following years assuming one of those prospects can take hold of 3B.

But again, need a true CFer. I believe Conforto is all but a goner, which isn't a bad thing. We need a good RHB. Give me Nimmo and Bryant as our future corner OFers with Mauricio or Baty at 3B and a righty CFer. Wish we tried to trade for Buxton before he figured it out. Now he'd cost a fortune in prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I can see him getting promoted to AA by mid season 2021. Then if things progress according to plan maybe AAA to start 2022.
    He's in Low A right now, Brooklyn is the next stop.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He's in Low A right now, Brooklyn is the next stop.
    I was thinking for a minute that St Lucie was high A like it was in prior years, but yes, he needs to go to Brooklyn first - maybe this year. Then AA next year if he gets passing grades at Brooklyn. One thing for sure, he will draw some Mets fans to Brooklyn games.

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1390...384733702?s=19

[emoji52]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Well might as well get it over and done with just hoping he won’t need another later in his career.

We just won’t see him till maybe 4 years from now.

Wow the season that keeps on giving

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mauricio off to a great start at high A Brooklyn hitting .429 and hit his first homer today.

Baty hitting .462.

Alvarez hitting .583 and hit his first homer.

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast