Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    ^^^^Meanwhile you have idiots like Chris Carlin and other media pundits suggesting the hire was a mistake. I mean at least let it play out first. As I've gotten older, I have grown to hate more and more of the sports media. Its all narrative driven ******** or an attempt at "hot take" click bait.
    I can't stand listening to Carlin . . . I was so happy when he left WFAN.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Well regarded are scouts that identify players with future potential. The same can be said of front offices that scout and hire managers.

Baseball America Retweeted
    JJ Cooper @jjcoop36

Luis Rojas was voted by his peers as the Best Managerial Prospect in the FSL in 2015 and 2016 and Best Managerial Prospect in the SAL in 2014 for Baseball America's MiLB Best Tools voting.
    Sometimes teams promote player prospects to MLB. Sometimes they promote managerial prospects to MLB. Some succeed. Some fail. Rojas seems to be a pretty good prospect based on recent and historical opinions from within baseball.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    ·
    16m
    One other note regarding the Mets' manager search: Jeff Wilpon said that Steve Cohen, who is in negotiations to buy a majority stake of the team, had no role in the decision. "Business as usual," was how Brodie Van Wagenen described the situation.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I’ve done quite a bit of reading up on him and I think I did a pretty good job selling him with my post a little farther up.

He’s been with the organization forever, the familiarity and the actual experience coaching definitely helps out. He probably knows his way around a dugout better than Beltran did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont know about that. I bet Beltrán knows his away around the dugout better than Rojas, especially the location of those trash cans.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I dont know about that. I bet Beltrán knows his away around the dugout better than Rojas, especially the location of those trash cans.
    Nice try, trash cans were stuck around the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

^^^^Meanwhile you have idiots like Chris Carlin and other media pundits suggesting the hire was a mistake. I mean at least let it play out first. As I've gotten older, I have grown to hate more and more of the sports media. Its all narrative driven ******** or an attempt at "hot take" click bait.
    If the putzes hate it, take that as an encouraging sign -- think Daniel Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I mean is the same situation with Beltran, a new manager, but a bright baseball mind.
    I actually think we are better off with Rojas. This guy has experience in AA as a manager, he knows our roster like the back of his hand, the players all respect him, and he is in tune with analytics. I think this is a sneaky good hire.

IMO he checks more boxes than Beltran. Fans might not be as excited compared to when Beltran was initially hired, but that was more about emotion and nostalgia than anything else. Not saying Beltran isn't a bright baseball mind, but Rojas is the better hire IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Seems like a solid choice. Let's just get to playing baseball again.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Lmao

LOL
    "The Mets have inadvertently hired a highly qualified manager."
    He's a clever ars isn't he.

It is true though. IMHO

He's right but i do think all these guys put way too much emphasis on resumes and qualifications. Beltran played major league baseball for 20 years. I'm sure he picked up on a few things along the way besides the cheating. Sure, I'm biased because he is one of my favorite Mets all time but I do think he would have made a good manager without banging trash cans either.

As much as I wanted Joe Girardi this was a good choice. Hiring Beltran in the first place made no sense whatsoever.

I hope that Rojas becomes a decent manager. This is who we have involved with this team. We have a second year GM who has virtually no experience as a GM, a manager with zero big league experience and a pitching coach whose experience is as an assistant pitching coach for one year.

Not a comfortable feeling

He's right but i do think all these guys put way too much emphasis on resumes and qualifications. Beltran played major league baseball for 20 years. I'm sure he picked up on a few things along the way besides the cheating. Sure, I'm biased because he is one of my favorite Mets all time but I do think he would have made a good manager without banging trash cans either.
    I don't disagree, but I think Rojas is a better hire and a better fit. Not saying Beltran couldn't be good, but Rojas is more qualified and checks more boxes.

If Rojas was the initial hire, I wouldn't have been upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast