Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Are they even talking to anyone? I haven't heard a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Tell why 37 year old become head coaches in football?

Luis Rojas is Moises Alou brother, their fathers and uncles were baseball players. Rojas has been around the game since he was wee high. This guys life has been baseball and has been in the minors doing that for a while.

Just because he sucked as a player does not mean he canít manage, many managers that sucked as players have become HOF managers.

The question is that he might need just a bit more experience.
    The problem is that he didn't suck as a player, he never played one game in the majors. I don't care if a player was not a good major leaguer, but I would like to know that he actually played in the majors.

Football is totally different. First off there are only 16 games not 162. Secondly a football coach is only as good as his coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    They haven't called me either if that's what you're asking.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    They are probably going to hire someone from within. The fact that they havent interviewed anyone from the outside yet is telling, especially this close to pitchers and catchers reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    The problem is that he didn't suck as a player, he never played one game in the majors. I don't care if a player was not a good major leaguer, but I would like to know that he actually played in the majors.

Football is totally different. First off there are only 16 games not 162. Secondly a football coach is only as good as his coaching staff.
    Their is no difference. A person that knows the game knows the game period.

Just because he never made it to the majors does not mean he does not know about the majors. Again he has been around the majors his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They are probably going to hire someone from within. The fact that they havent interviewed anyone from the outside yet is telling, especially this close to pitchers and catchers reporting.
    Yeah and am ok with that.

Call Wally Backman and get it over with already

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Call Wally Backman and get it over with already
    No one wants Wally. He's a girlfriend beating idiot who has pending legal charges against him.

https://patch.com/new-york/huntingto...ent=huntington

And the next manager is....

Manager looks like itís down to Meulens, Rojas, and DeFrancesco.

Iím perfectly fine with all three of these guys considering the circumstances. Iíd prefer Rojas just to see what he can do but I also see Meulens taking the role if it was possible.

Rojas, Meulens, DeFrancesco - in that order. All three would be fine choices IMO. If Rojas isnít the manager now, heĎll be the manager after the next guy.

If Rojas is coach, I see everybody staying where they are. If Meulens is head coach, I see Rojas being his bench coach to learn from him. If DeFrancesco is the head coach, then I see the Mets going outside of the organization to get a new 1st base coach but idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No one wants Wally. He's a girlfriend beating idiot who has pending legal charges against him.

https://patch.com/new-york/huntingto...ent=huntington
    I guess you never read his side of the story

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    I guess you never read his side of the story
    He has too much baggage. Its not the first or second time he's been arrested either. He has a DUI arrest and a previous arrest for a domestic dispute.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-21-2020 at 09:50 PM.

I was listening to Bob Gibsonís take. He has no problem with cheating in baseball. From spitballs to the black Sox from steroids to scuffing up a ball. Getting an advantage is what players did.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Their is no difference. A person that knows the game knows the game period.

Just because he never made it to the majors does not mean he does not know about the majors. Again he has been around the majors his whole life.
    Sorry to disagree. Knowing the game is way way different from being IN the game in the majoir leagues. Knowing the game has nothing to do about how to manage a bullpen.

I don't know if Rojas will be a good manager or not but I really do not want to turn over to my team to a 37 year who has no experience doing anything in the major leagues, nothing at all, never played 1 game in the majors, never sat in the dugout in the major leagues etc., etc.

There are more qualified people than Rojas who should be considered before him.

Sorry to disagree. Knowing the game is way way different from being IN the game in the majoir leagues. Knowing the game has nothing to do about how to manage a bullpen.

I don't know if Rojas will be a good manager or not but I really do not want to turn over to my team to a 37 year who has no experience doing anything in the major leagues, nothing at all, never played 1 game in the majors, never sat in the dugout in the major leagues etc., etc.

Well it seems that he has been looked at as a possible manager by people who makes such decisions so they probably know his knowledge of the game more than you or I do and if he could be a successful one.

But again HC who never put in pads do it in football so again is about knowledge of the game more than ever playing in it at the highest level.

Experience in managing is such an overrated characteristic. Rojas has proven to be a well respected memeber of the teams and has plenty of coaching experience, including several stints at managing in the minors. His dad from my understanding was a manager and his brother, Moises Alou was a player. He has a well regarded and helpful diverse acumen. Heís only 38 but has been with the organization for 14 years, has served as a first base coach way back, and has essentially been a coach in some capacity since the mid 2000s.

Rojas has the endorsement from guys like McNeil, Alonso, Nido, Nimmo, etc. Most of the people who have been under his watch - either as manager or coach, have been on the record for speaking highly of Rojas. Heís no short on experience, despite his age. Cano also speaks highly of him so itís not like veterans dislike the guy. My only concern is managing egos like Syndergaard and Cespedes but who knows.

Dude is well versed in analytics which fits the approach this organization should be going in, he should be heavily considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast