Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Funny how BB was caught cheating as a coach for the Patriots and nothing.

Beltran was a player for another team and then gets punished as a Mets manager.

It would be totally lolmets.

Hopefully Cohen has big day and says a big **** you to the media by keeping Beltrán.

The Wilpons who have no ****ing integrity are worried about integrity now? **** those guys.
    Cohen has become a silver bullet for Mets fans.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I wonder if Eduardo Perez is still interested? Or do we go in house for the year with either Rojas or maybe even Terry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn’t be shocked if Rojas was handed the job with Meulens still as his bench coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You make a compelling case. It would be even more compelling if you used paragraphs though.

But yeah, those are good points.
    My apologies. Not only that, I used two spaces after a period and the Oxford comma.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    My apologies. Not only that, I used two spaces after a period and the Oxford comma.
    The spaces after a period are never a big deal.

Here is my solution.

Hire my buddy FOC with a 1 year contract and then after the one year hire AJ Hinch !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Here is my solution.

Hire my buddy FOC with a 1 year contract and then after the one year hire AJ Hinch !!!
    I'd be a crappy manager. I'd lose the clubhouse within the first month. But the media would love me.

this whole thing is nonsense. i'm sure he was involved in the elaborate plan to steal signs, but so were many other players. and im sure other teams in baseball were doing similar things. players on 2nd base try to do it all the time. what happens to them? maybe they get thrown at the next at bat. so lets line up the entire 2017 Astro team and let pitchers plunk them. then lets move on. please dont fire him over this, this makes us look so weak.

Non of those other players are currently hired as managers, based on their excellent work in Houston

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    Non of those other players are currently hired as managers, based on their excellent work in Houston

in what universe was the basis for hiring him his "excellent work in Houston"?

I'm hoping they go back to Perez after they ditch Beltran.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
    this whole thing is nonsense. i'm sure he was involved in the elaborate plan to steal signs, but so were many other players. and im sure other teams in baseball were doing similar things. players on 2nd base try to do it all the time. what happens to them? maybe they get thrown at the next at bat. so lets line up the entire 2017 Astro team and let pitchers plunk them. then lets move on. please dont fire him over this, this makes us look so weak.
    Beltran was the only player named, so he was more than just involved. And rumor has been for weeks that he is actually one of the architects of the system.

This is not "nonsense", this is a massive story that will not just go away. The Astros and Sox didn't fire these guys because of the suspensions, they fired them because of the stain they brought to their organizations. It will be years before either Hinch or Cora manage again, if they ever do, and Beltran shouldn't be exempted from that just because he was a player at the time. This guy was integral to the plot, it's why the Yankees hired him, and probably also why the Mets wanted him -- we just got on board too late, as usual.

in what universe was the basis for hiring him his "excellent work in Houston"?
    The video of Cora saying those exact reasons why he was hired by the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Beltran was the only player named, so he was more than just involved. And rumor has been for weeks that he is actually one of the architects of the system.

This is not "nonsense", this is a massive story that will not just go away. The Astros and Sox didn't fire these guys because of the suspensions, they fired them because of the stain they brought to their organizations. It will be years before either Hinch or Cora manage again, if they ever do, and Beltran shouldn't be exempted from that just because he was a player at the time. This guy was integral to the plot, it's why the Yankees hired him, and probably also why the Mets wanted him -- we just got on board too late, as usual.
    the reason HE was named is because he is now not an active player. no active players were named because the union would have a **** fit.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    The video of Cora saying those exact reasons why he was hired by the Yankees

he said nothing of the kind. he said he was hired for his experience. who knows what he was referring to.

the reason HE was named is because he is now not an active player. no active players were named because the union would have a **** fit.

he said nothing of the kind. he said he was hired for his experience. who knows what he was referring to.
    Thank you! I don't know why this keeps being ignored.

Also, if Beltran is such a nefarious mastermind, why is named in one line of a multi-page document? Also, why are the Yankees not being investigated for the time he was there?

No no no, that's not why. He wasn't punished because he was a player at the time, but he was named because he was instrumental in the application of the system.

Are you kidding me right now?

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast