Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Because it's the offseason and he's not available for comment, obviously. Once ST starts, this is all Astros players will be asked about.
    And Cole was in NY with his little Yankee sign after he signed. There were rumors of this going on for years, not one NY sportwiter had any question for him about his time in Houston

Because it's the offseason and he's not available for comment, obviously. Once ST starts, this is all Astros players will be asked about.
    They seemed to find Bregman and Altuve

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Sorry, hasn’t won a playoff series in like 10 years of managing.

He lost with the Reds and the Nats. Winning in 2002 is completely meaningless to me.
    It should not, but again am not one to want him here.

My choice would be Rojas or Perez.

They’re the only two I don’t have any current negative thoughts on.

Baker and Buck are dinosaurs...and TC would probably start Jed over McNeil or something else head scratching.

I’d think Rojas knows the talents and abilities of these players as good as anyone available, and Perez would clearly be able to handle the media well.

I was definitely optimistic for Beltran, and was sad to see him go...but “it is what it is”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    They seemed to find Bregman and Altuve
    Nope. Each guy released a statement. Nobody asked them anything.

Nope. Each guy released a statement. Nobody asked them anything.
    It was Astros fan fest on Saturday, both players spoke to reporters.
    Verlander nowhere to be found

It was Astros fan fest on Saturday, both players spoke to reporters.
    Verlander nowhere to be found
    Okay so who's fault is that? The reporters? Do you even know what you're complaining about at this point?

Okay so who's fault is that? The reporters? Do you even know what you're complaining about at this point?
    Sure I do.
    You came back with conviction and said I was wrong and Altuve and Bregman only released statements, I pointed out your error.
    My point was 0 chance Baker or Buck get the Mets job, and now that the media Beltran witchhunt is over and they got their pelt they will put down the pitchforks and torches.
    I was curious why big mouth Verlander who never shuts up during the season is suddenly silent.
    Also curious why the NY media had not one question about this for Cole when he had his press conference last month

Verlanders fault

Also wondering where the NY and national media outrage is with Mcguire and Bonds getting coaching jobs when their cheating obliterated records and changed the game.
    Why no media campaign for them not to have jobs. Seems a little hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

Baker and Buck are dinosaurs...and TC would probably start Jed over McNeil or something else head scratching.

I’d think Rojas knows the talents and abilities of these players as good as anyone available, and Perez would clearly be able to handle the media well.

I was definitely optimistic for Beltran, and was sad to see him go...but “it is what it is”

I basically agree. Why make a big deal about upgrading your analytics dept. and moving into the 21st Century and then bring in some old school dude because he'd supposedly stabilize the turbulent situation? If anything, those guys would clash with the data team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I basically agree. Why make a big deal about upgrading your analytics dept. and moving into the 21st Century and then bring in some old school dude because he'd supposedly stabilize the turbulent situation? If anything, those guys would clash with the data team.
    Why not Meulens ? He was supposedly the second choice for the Yankees ? He has more experience than Rojas. How come no one has mentioned trying to lure Bochy out of retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

Why not try and lure Bochy out of retirement. I could be mistaken but I don't think that Rojas has ever been in a major league dugout and you want him to be the manager of the Mets . He would be a crap shoot and are we willing to go that route again?
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-19-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Sure I do.
    You came back with conviction and said I was wrong and Altuve and Bregman only released statements, I pointed out your error.
    My point was 0 chance Baker or Buck get the Mets job, and now that the media Beltran witchhunt is over and they got their pelt they will put down the pitchforks and torches.
    I was curious why big mouth Verlander who never shuts up during the season is suddenly silent.
    Also curious why the NY media had not one question about this for Cole when he had his press conference last month
    The last I had heard, Altuve had released a statement. I didn't know FanFest was going on; it was Saturday and I have a life.

You're angry at "the press" for not hounding all of the Astros players. Well, they actually *are* asking them questions. As to why you care what Verlander thinks, I have no idea (and neither do you, in all likelihood) because he's a pitcher. Same with Cole, who is a pitcher and would have never worn the buzzer or benefited from the sign stealing.

There is no witch hunt. Beltran was guilty.

why would anyone ask Cole or Verlander anything about the scandal when Manfred gave all players immunity . And yes Beltran is guilty since he was one of the masterminds behind it all

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast