The level of incompetence from the Pirates is astounding. They fired their manager, started the search. Fired the team president, and had one waiting in the wings. Now they've fired the GM, who was already interviewing said manager candidates. If I'm one of those guys, I am staying far, far away from Pittsburgh right about now.

The Pirates have announced Huntington’s dismissal.

“I greatly appreciate Neal’s dedication to the Pirates organization and our city over the past 12 seasons,” owner Bob Nutting said in a press release. “His time with the Pirates should always be remembered for ending a long stretch of futility and bringing Postseason baseball back to Pittsburgh.”

The Pirates “will pause” their search for a new manager while seeking out a new GM, per Nutting. Assistant general manager Kevan Graves will serve as interim GM while the club looks for a replacement for Huntington.

Mackey further tweets that the decision to move on from Huntington was driven by Nutting (as opposed to incoming president Travis Williams). Nutting informed Huntington of the decision yesterday.

Read More: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...untington.html