Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 342
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Mariners sign extention with Marco Gonzales

    4 years 30 mill with a team option for 2025.
    They already had him through 2023 so this buys out his arb years plus 1 plus a team option. He won't be a free agent until the earliest age 33 seasons, or 34 if they pick up the option.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    2,515
    Giants sign Wilmer Flores to multiyear deal
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...er-flores.html
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

    Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

  3. #318
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,753
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Giants sign Wilmer Flores to multiyear deal
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...er-flores.html
    Nice. Dude was like Barry Bonds vs. the Giants last season (and pretty decent overall).

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Giants sign Wilmer Flores to multiyear deal
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...er-flores.html
    Slow news day is slow.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,072

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Putting the band back together with him and Sandoval. Shame Bumgarner left. What's Lincecum doing btw?

    That's a nice deal with Flores. The problem is he's like Daniel Murphy before he started crushing the ball in 2015. Decent bat but doesn't have good plate discipline, makes too much contact (if that makes sense), and can't really play a position defensively. Don't know if he's good enough to DH either when the DH comes to the NL.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Putting the band back together with him and Sandoval. Shame Bumgarner left. What's Lincecum doing btw?

    That's a nice deal with Flores. The problem is he's like Daniel Murphy before he started crushing the ball in 2015. Decent bat but doesn't have good plate discipline, makes too much contact (if that makes sense), and can't really play a position defensively. Don't know if he's good enough to DH either when the DH comes to the NL.
    He's getting ready for his first and last appearance on the HoF ballot.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Giants signed Billy Hamilton to a minor league contract.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gi...eague-contract

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Yeah, he should be getting a contract between Harper and Trout.

    Like 10 years 370is million is about what he is worth.
    You think that's what he's worth, or what you think he'll get?

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    There was a little piece of me that kinda wanted to see Pence come back to Houston (even though they don't need an OF), but I think it's fitting for him to end his career in San Francisco. Not sure what this deal is, but he was shockingly productive last season for a 36-year-old. He actually posted the highest OPS of his career in Texas.


  11. #326
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    There was a little piece of me that kinda wanted to see Pence come back to Houston (even though they don't need an OF), but I think it's fitting for him to end his career in San Francisco. Not sure what this deal is, but he was shockingly productive last season for a 36-year-old. He actually posted the highest OPS of his career in Texas.
    I'm sure going from Arlington to SF won't negatively affect his production.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    You think that's what he's worth, or what you think he'll get?
    I for sure think he'll get something like that. He's kinda worth it too.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    <sarcasm>I'm sure going from Arlington to SF won't negatively affect his production.</sarcasm>
    fixed it for you
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,191

    Last pitcher to throw 300+ innings: Steve Carlton (1980)
    Last pitcher to throw 290+ innings: Bert Blyleven (1985)
    Last pitcher to throw 280+ innings: Roger Clemens and Charlie Hough (1987)
    Last pitcher to throw 270+ innings: Randy Johnson (1999)
    Last pitcher to throw 260+ innings: Roy Halladay (2003)
    Last pitcher to throw 250+ innings: Justin Verlander (2011)
    Last pitcher to throw 240+ innings: David Price and Johnny Cueto (2014)
    Last pitcher to throw 230+ innings: David Price (2016)

    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,191
    I've always wondered if the 1987 Dodgers are the last team to have three starters go 250+ innings.

    https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAD/1987.shtml

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •