Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you are better than this... people are using how they won before him as justification but ignore that they were coming off of a loss and were figured out esp in terms of curry... the cavs found a blue print on how to beat the curry led warriors and you add in the draymond decline over the years i highly doubt that warriors team wins without durant just by using logic.... Durant went and saved them and instantly became their best offensive and defensive player and their back to back mvp winner where their overrated PG took a back seat and became a guy you hide on defense by putting him on the other teams worst offensive player and letting him break the other team after durant carries the 2 way load....

the engine was breaking down and i give no real ****s that they so called won before he got there because the blue print was out... attack curry defense and force him to use a ton of energy and you beat the warriors without durant.

I told people from day 1 how overrated curry was and how important durant was and it has shown this year when curry didnt have durant/klay to carry the load.... a healthy curry/green/klay get spanked by the raptors/bucks/sixers last year tbh.
    Yeah but the Cavs fell apart soon there after because of Irving. So again who could have stopped them in that time span? Iíll wait

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If him and Kyrie win it all do we give credit to anyone?
    Moot point, they never will.

I buy the argument the Warriors probably wouldn't have won 2 titles without Durant during his time there so in that regard he does deserve credit for that. He won 2 rings, he's now a champion, but we can still compare his championships to other all time greats and when we do, they are among the least impressive of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I buy the argument the Warriors probably wouldn't have won 2 titles without Durant during his time there so in that regard he does deserve credit for that. He won 2 rings, he's now a champion, but we can still compare his championships to other all time greats and when we do, they are among the least impressive of anyone.
    Bravo. Love this take.

KD one time made the statement that's an exact indictment of the culture today:
    "You tell me I'm not good enough because I don't have rings, then when I get rings you tell me they aren't good enough."

Part of the ugly "embrace debate" sports culture is that media guys (SAS, Skippy, etc) make you believe that you can't be good unless you have one a championship. Does the lack of a ring make Barkley any less of a player? Jim Kelley? Dan Marino? Ted Williams? Absolutely not. But heaven forbid these days if you hold the opinion that they were great players, because without a ring they are just absolute ****.

^I'm arguing against the notion that KD carried the Warriors to two titles. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that without KD they would've won....hell nah lol. When Durant got there, their bench took a hit and didn't have the same depth in years past. But the same thing can be said if of Steph, Klay, and even Dray.....three players who won before him.

As for the rings argument perpetuated by the media, well.....we all know how silly that is.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    But missed a ton of 3pters that could have sealed it so many times.. you out of most should completely remember that, Barnes is a solid player no doubt but he shot (missed) the Cavs back into the series that Finals.
    Fake news.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Fake news.
    Which part? That the misses could have sealed it or that he didn't play badly or miss shots? Harrison Barnes did not have a good Finals that year. He shot 35% FG, 31% 3, 60% FT for a 43% TS%. He scored 9 PPG in 32 Minutes and had the 7th highest game score on the Warriors at 5.9.

I don't think anyone can argue in good faith he was anything other than bad in those finals.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yeah, all 14 guys are on guaraenteed contracts. Waiving any of them won't provide any salary cap relief. They can't use the full TPE this season. Their salary is $137,886,409 and they can't exceed $138,928,000 for any reason. So, they have $1,041,591 to use the rest of the season, which isn't even enough for 1 vet min contract.

They could trade guys and get nothing back, I suppose but still gotta get back to 14 players eventually.

If they add anyone, it'll probably be 10 day contracts once they're available or a prorated vet min, later in the season.

Here is a link explaining a little more and showing the 15 teams who are hard capped this season https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/...or-201920.html
    Iíve never been a salary cap guy, so thanks for the heads up. Theyíre ********. Iím all in for making some trades and 10 day contracts but if they want to stay afloat they need a vet who has respect and can actually score. Im pretty sure Myers is alresdy looking to make some changes since the Warrior owner said heís not concerned with tanking whatsoever

Iím pretty sure they couldíve added multiple impact players for that Durant money though

Which part? That the misses could have sealed it or that he didn't play badly or miss shots? Harrison Barnes did not have a good Finals that year. He shot 35% FG, 31% 3, 60% FT for a 43% TS%. He scored 9 PPG in 32 Minutes and had the 7th highest game score on the Warriors at 5.9.

I don't think anyone can argue in good faith he was anything other than bad in those finals.
    He was bad but they still had to guard him. And what were his defensive numbers? Barnes was one of the catalysts for the Warriors stellar defense. He could literally switch on everyone and is a strong and durable athlete

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Bravo. Love this take.

KD one time made the statement that's an exact indictment of the culture today:
    "You tell me I'm not good enough because I don't have rings, then when I get rings you tell me they aren't good enough."

Part of the ugly "embrace debate" sports culture is that media guys (SAS, Skippy, etc) make you believe that you can't be good unless you have one a championship. Does the lack of a ring make Barkley any less of a player? Jim Kelley? Dan Marino? Ted Williams? Absolutely not. But heaven forbid these days if you hold the opinion that they were great players, because without a ring they are just absolute ****.
    Take the media with a grain of salt. Any knowledgeable basketball fan understands that itís a team game, and you donít measure individual talent based on rings or guys like Horry would be perceived as a better player than say an Iverson, Malone, Barkley, Miller etc. We all know thatís bs.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Iím pretty sure they couldíve added multiple impact players for that Durant money though
    True, but I doubt whoever they could have signed would have had the impact KD had nor do I think they would have been as heavy favorites to win the title with whoever else they may have gotten.

I miss you <3

True, but I doubt whoever they could have signed would have had the impact KD had nor do I think they would have been as heavy favorites to win the title with whoever else they may have gotten.
    If they kept the depth they had prior to getting KD they would still be favourites for the last two years. Hell if Klay didnít get hurt for the finals, they may have beaten Toronto with out Durant or the depth. Lol letís be honest.

And this coming from a raptors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Or simply kept the team they had ... maybe Bogut gets replaced by a younger shot blocker. Not difficult to replace. Iggy Barnes Livingston would have all still been there. With a healthy Curry, Klay, and Green they would have absolutely still been favourites.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast