Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Agreed. And Barnes was on that team is a valuable contributor on a good team.

The Warriros should take fliers on Faried and Carmelo and roll the dice. With Dlo now in charge and a hopefully healthy Draymond, they could sign some vets and stay above .500

They could get it done if they get creative on the books when guys can be cut or traded. They have a pretty hefty trade exception from the Iguodala move
    They are hard capped this season, why their roster is so putrid. They can't add any additional salary.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Have to see what he looks like after his injury. He wanted rings, and he got em. Being a weak move comes with that. If he were thicker skinned, it would be irrelevant.
    I always thought it was a weak move. True Warrior fans are some of the most loyal in all of sports, and I think a lot of real Warrior fans wanted to run it back with the same squad. Barnes being a home grown guy and that team had a lot of fan favorites that could still play. All they needed to do was retool and they couldíve by paying Barnes much less than what they paid KD

Winning 2 out of 3 championships with that team is meh with all of that talent regardless of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They are hard capped this season, why their roster is so putrid. They can't add any additional salary.
    I understand that but they have a trade exception and can move some salary off the books and bring in Melo and Faried on vet minimums. Iíd also look to waive some guys once itís allowed. Is my understanding inaccurate?

2 plus years ago when he carried the warriors and was by far their best player

Without Steph they donít win....without Klay they donít win....heíll without Draymond they donít win either. This notion that KD carried the Warriors at any point is a joke of a point to make.

If KD wasnít a possibility for the Warriors, they wouldíve ran back the same team that was a game, and a Draymond Green suspension away from winning back to back. KDís a great player, but he was a cog. Nothing more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Without Steph they donít win....without Klay they donít win....heíll without Draymond they donít win either. This notion that KD carried the Warriors at any point is a joke of a point to make.

If KD wasnít a possibility for the Warriors, they wouldíve ran back the same team that was a game, and a Draymond Green suspension away from winning back to back. KDís a great player, but he was a cog. Nothing more to it.
    Thereís just absolutely NO way he was a cog...you cannot sit there and tell me those Warriors wouldíve gone and WON back to back titles w/o KD. The point of this thread tbh is actually giving credit where it was due, sure we all had the same feelings when it happened (he signed w/GSW) but I think itís time (might be slight early) to give credit to KD as their best player. We never seen them win without Klay/Curry/Dray which is true but we sure as hell watched them lose w/o KD...

I have a better question. How would the warriors look if they never went after KD and spent that money on other parts

Best poster on PSD Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Thereís just absolutely NO way he was a cog...you cannot sit there and tell me those Warriors wouldíve gone and WON back to back titles w/o KD. The point of this thread tbh is actually giving credit where it was due, sure we all had the same feelings when it happened (he signed w/GSW) but I think itís time (might be slight early) to give credit to KD as their best player. We never seen them win without Klay/Curry/Dray which is true but we sure as hell watched them lose w/o KD...
    Read my post again. We saw them win without KD 2 years prior to his arrival, and the year before he got there, they should've won it again. Had KD not been a factor in GS' plans, they would've ran it back again and likely would've won. They gave up a good bit of bench depth fitting in KD.

KD is a great player, but if he's unappreciated in any way, it's because he hopped on the GS bandwagon and ruined competition the NBA. As easily as you can say the Warriors wouldn't have won back to back without KD, I can just easily say the Warriors wouldn't have won back to back without Steph/Klay/Dray. Durant did little to no carrying.

Don't mean to get on you here GREATNESS ONE I know you meant well....but I'm simply not here for the Durant appreciation threads at this time lol.
    Last edited by SteBO; 10-31-2019 at 10:48 PM.

But they won without him and he never won without them......

Barnes was absolutely horrible on the Warriors... are we just going to forget his Finals when he was 0-100 on wide open 3ís....

All Iím saying for me, as I was mad like most about KD joining that team, heís getting a little bit of credit for those title runs and the disarray of the Warriors w/o him.
    Barnes was an excellent player. He played well in that finals. Excellent defense, excellent team ball.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Even without Steph, Klay, and KD, the Warriors still have superstar Draymond Green. Top 10 player in the league for awhile now, at least that's what I've been told.

I'm fully expecting them to bounce back. Warriors will be a top 2 seed. Change my mind.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If him and Kyrie win it all do we give credit to anyone?
    Caris Levert

They won with out him, what makes you think they couldnít do it again?

I still wouldnít count the warriors out next season when they get Curry and Thompson back healthy.

Curry can't lead a team. Fact

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

He was by far the best player on the team during his time as a Warrior.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast