Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 138
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    53,540

    When do we start giving credit to KD?

    I know it was a trendy thing to do and bash KD for joining a great team.


    But if you really watched the games, KD was a huge difference maker in both (3) playoff runs, he was the Finals MVP back to back and he was their best player.


    Now without KD and granted Klay as well, this team is falling apart with injuries.

    Donít really want a bash fest in this thread but more of a appreciation for what KD was able to do ad the best player in the Warriors for 3y..


    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,661
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I know it was a trendy thing to do and bash KD for joining a great team.


    But if you really watched the games, KD was a huge difference maker in both (3) playoff runs, he was the Finals MVP back to back and he was their best player.


    Now without KD and granted Klay as well, this team is falling apart with injuries.

    Donít really want a bash fest in this thread but more of a appreciation for what KD was able to do ad the best player in the Warriors for 3y..


    Thoughts?
    Itís not just him thatís gone. If that same team came back but no KD, theyíd be fine. Maybe not top contender fine but they'd be ok. They lost Klay for a bit and Livingston (who probably doesnít matter as much) and Iguodala along with no bench and retreads.

    It was always a TEAM effort and now more than half of that TEAM isnít playing.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 10-31-2019 at 06:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    53,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Itís not just him thatís gone. If that same team came back but no KD, theyíd be fine. Maybe not top contender fine but rheyd be ok. They lost Klayfor a bit and Livingston (who probably doesnít matter as much) and Iguadala along with no bench and retreads.

    It was always a TEAM effort and now more than half of that TEAM isnít playing.
    Which is true but people still expected them to make the playoffs at the very least and they added DLO... this team is underachieving big time and now lost Curry... do they just go in tank mode now?


    I just think itís time to actually show a little appreciation for KD..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,424
    I REALLY watched the games, BEFORE AND AFTER. The answer remains the same, when he proves his greatness. You cant reverse engineer greatness, that team was too dominant for him to join without everyone knowing how hollow those rings were.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,377
    This isnít the same team he joined.

    They lost Klay whoís an all star.
    They lost Iggy who was a great player for them.
    They lost Barnes who was a good solid starter and a versatile scheme fit.
    They lost Bogut who was one of the more effective paint protectors in the game.
    They lost Livingston who was a super solid bench piece.
    They lost Mo Speights and Leandro Barbosa who were better than what they have now.

    If you add all that back to GS theyíd be dominant without KD again.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,275
    If him and Kyrie win it all do we give credit to anyone?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    956
    No one ever said he wasnt important to GS.

    Its just hard to give the man credit for joining the team that knocked him out the playoffs a year before, and won the most games in nba history.

    Its a soft move.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    53,540
    But he was the best player on both back 2 Back teams... they donít win Back 2 Back titles without KD.


    My point is, Iím ready to give him some credit for both title runs. I get why some are still bitter towards it but itís pretty apparent the significant impact he made.
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 10-31-2019 at 06:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    53,540
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If him and Kyrie win it all do we give credit to anyone?
    I know youíre trolling but I was thinking about why these guys paired up. Both have been told they were second fiddle or carried to titles. I think these guys have something to prove, too bad KD got hurt last Finals and we have to wait until next year.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,971
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    This isnít the same team he joined.

    They lost Klay whoís an all star.
    They lost Iggy who was a great player for them.
    They lost Barnes who was a good solid starter and a versatile scheme fit.
    They lost Bogut who was one of the more effective paint protectors in the game.
    They lost Livingston who was a super solid bench piece.
    They lost Mo Speights and Leandro Barbosa who were better than what they have now.

    If you add all that back to GS theyíd be dominant without KD again.
    Agreed. And Barnes was on that team is a valuable contributor on a good team.

    The Warriros should take fliers on Faried and Carmelo and roll the dice. With Dlo now in charge and a hopefully healthy Draymond, they could sign some vets and stay above .500

    They could get it done if they get creative on the books when guys can be cut or traded. They have a pretty hefty trade exception from the Iguodala move

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    53,540
    Barnes was absolutely horrible on the Warriors... are we just going to forget his Finals when he was 0-100 on wide open 3ís....


    All Iím saying for me, as I was mad like most about KD joining that team, heís getting a little bit of credit for those title runs and the disarray of the Warriors w/o him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,512
    GS was stacked for sure but Durant was the best player in the league while in GS. Especially when he played the 4. His defense and shot blocking where all defense consideration. His Iso game was #1 overall with all the ways he could score. He became Splash Dad to the splash brothers. Clearly the teams Ace while in GS.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,971
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Barnes was absolutely horrible on the Warriors... are we just going to forget his Finals when he was 0-100 on wide open 3ís....


    All Iím saying for me, as I was mad like most about KD joining that team, heís getting a little bit of credit for those title runs and the disarray of the Warriors w/o him.

    Barnes was a more than adequate defender and played well at the 2-4 positions on that end. He was capable of making shots and therefore had to be defended. He was also capable of playing on the block and he was very good finisher at the rim.

    Sure heís not half the player KD is but heís an above average player at the hybrid forward spot when he was on the Warriors.

    He was a reason they won a championship along with the other role players mentioned.

    And of course KD gets credit dudes a phenomenal basketball player that performs at a high level while dealing with a bunch of bull ***** and high expectations night end and night out as he should be

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    963
    Have to see what he looks like after his injury. He wanted rings, and he got em. Being a weak move comes with that. If he were thicker skinned, it would be irrelevant.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    GS was stacked for sure but Durant was the best player in the league while in GS. Especially when he played the 4. His defense and shot blocking where all defense consideration. His Iso game was #1 overall with all the ways he could score. He became Splash Dad to the splash brothers. Clearly the teams Ace while in GS.
    I disagree with the splash dad comment. Heís a super star player but KD has the best run of his career while playing Steph, Thompson and Green. And itís because he was playing with those specific guys which means they all provided great value and benefited from each players respected talent.

    Itís not like KD has never played with other all world players and he barely sniffed the finals only one year and there was never a doubt that the Hear wouldnít win that series.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •