Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Iíve never been a salary cap guy, so thanks for the heads up. Theyíre ********. Iím all in for making some trades and 10 day contracts but if they want to stay afloat they need a vet who has respect and can actually score. Im pretty sure Myers is alresdy looking to make some changes since the Warrior owner said heís not concerned with tanking whatsoever
    Aw, no problem. I'm far from an expert but I find the salary cap interesting and read up on it when different scenarios arise.

Curry will allegedly miss at least 3 months. They're not expecting Klay back, they all said. Have to see what approach they take.

credit for what? Joining a 73 win team that won a title the year before that? I mean, are we really shocked they had to ditch a bunch of role players to make room for 4 near max deals? If the Warriors were healthy, they would be a top 2 seed in the west as is. Like nearly any team before, a team that dominated and had terrible draft picks and no money while they paid their megastars ran out of depth, boo hoo.

No, Durant NEVER gets credit for anything but joining a roster that didn't need him. Was he great for them, and great in general? Yep. Does it matter for his legacy? Not for me, and not for most fans. Sorry, thems the breaks when you run with your tail between your legs to the easiest situation in team sports history.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    ^I'm arguing against the notion that KD carried the Warriors to two titles. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that without KD they would've won....hell nah lol. When Durant got there, their bench took a hit and didn't have the same depth in years past. But the same thing can be said if of Steph, Klay, and even Dray.....three players who won before him.

As for the rings argument perpetuated by the media, well.....we all know how silly that is.
    SUbtract Durant and fill the roster out with players that ate his salary, and keep their depth, and yes, they could easily have won a title or two.

Look, any team/fan would absolutely switch places with the Warriors right now. They maxed out their talent, money, and resources for the short term, and are now paying the consequences, to some degree. We are forgetting that if healthy, this team is still really, really good, but lacking depth. Which again, is part of the consequences of maximizing that 5 year window. Their stars are you enough that a couple of decent picks/vet signings, and they are right back in business.

THe boo hoo **** for the Warriors makes me laugh. I am sure the whole world felt terrible for the Bulls, Lakers, or any other dynasty that eventually had to face reality.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    are we really shocked they had to ditch a bunch of role players to make room for 4 near max deals?
    You know what's crazy? When they did the signing of Durant and let Barnes walk as a RFA is when they lost the depth. Since Barnes was a RFA and his hold was very little, if they moved fast, they could have had depth and retained Barnes and been perfectly fine.

I've been arguing for about 3 years now that this was bound to happen to the Warriors and kept getting push back that they can just overpay everyone and be fine, and I kept saying no way. Eventually the bill was going to come and here it is. Injuries, no depth, no cap to replace anyone, nothing to save them.

SUbtract Durant and fill the roster out with players that ate his salary, and keep their depth, and yes, they could easily have won a title or two.

Look, any team/fan would absolutely switch places with the Warriors right now. They maxed out their talent, money, and resources for the short term, and are now paying the consequences, to some degree. We are forgetting that if healthy, this team is still really, really good, but lacking depth. Which again, is part of the consequences of maximizing that 5 year window. Their stars are you enough that a couple of decent picks/vet signings, and they are right back in business.

THe boo hoo **** for the Warriors makes me laugh. I am sure the whole world felt terrible for the Bulls, Lakers, or any other dynasty that eventually had to face reality.
    Yes, they could have still won those 2 titles, but they were not guaranteed to like they were when KD arrived. So supposing they'd have only won 1 ring out of the 2, clearly KD gets some credit for them having more titles with him than they would have got without him?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes, they could have still won those 2 titles, but they were not guaranteed to like they were when KD arrived. So supposing they'd have only won 1 ring out of the 2, clearly KD gets some credit for them having more titles with him than they would have got without him?
    Totally man, I just don't buy they drop from sure thing to just one of the guys is all. They would have to earn it the old fashioned way-hard to win vs a cakewalk

7. 11-02-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You know what's crazy? When they did the signing of Durant and let Barnes walk as a RFA is when they lost the depth. Since Barnes was a RFA and his hold was very little, if they moved fast, they could have had depth and retained Barnes and been perfectly fine.

I've been arguing for about 3 years now that this was bound to happen to the Warriors and kept getting push back that they can just overpay everyone and be fine, and I kept saying no way. Eventually the bill was going to come and here it is. Injuries, no depth, no cap to replace anyone, nothing to save them.
    if it's a newsflash to many that dynasties are not sustainable in guaranteed contract, salary cap sports, not sure what to tell them. GS would be just fine if healthy, but playing a million games in 5 years takes its toll too. As does keeping the band together.

For sure.....I was talking on the surface level given the topic, but yes youíre right. I mentioned it earlier, they couldíve kept the exact same roster that lost to CLE, and hell maybe even upgrade in spots, and they very well couldíve won it all again. I know I wouldíve bet them.

This idea that Warriors were somehow figured out because they lost in 2016 is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    It isnít justification for anything. Itís just factual & to act like they were figured out is to purposefully be disingenuous and ignore the health factor.The dude was hurt and coming off a pretty serious injury. Iím not going to sit/stand here and act like Steph doesnít get passes from media often, but he was injured and was/always has been the key driver of what the Warriors do offensively. My eyes tell me that much. Sorry but youíve been coming off as a real Steph hater of late.
    Agreed, a lot of lucky ish went on in that series. But like Shaq says, luck was apart f winning all 3 of his titles. Bron and Kyrie had to play out of there minds while GS pretty much played average ball. I give Bron and Kyrie props for beating the better team. But I still think GS was the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am actually tired of ******** on people with my advanced intellect... see the harden/curry thread.... it gets old... when you people catch up i am game for a discussion.
    Lol. I agree with you actually that Durant is better than Curry. Not a slight to Curry, but he can be bullied, and his stature compared to KDís just makes him easier to stop. Now when sourrounded by stars and great teammates an a good system, Curry can get his overall advanced stats up higher, but still, KD is unguardable always and Curry isnít.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I know it was a trendy thing to do and bash KD for joining a great team.

But if you really watched the games, KD was a huge difference maker in both (3) playoff runs, he was the Finals MVP back to back and he was their best player.

Now without KD and granted Klay as well, this team is falling apart with injuries.

Donít really want a bash fest in this thread but more of a appreciation for what KD was able to do ad the best player in the Warriors for 3y..

Thoughts?
    Kevin Durant has always been a fantastic player. He gets credit for that. However, I took issue when he joined a Warriors team that just won a Championship the year prior. He took the easiest route possible to getting himself a ring. That's a punk move in my book.

PS - The Warriors roster this season is vastly different than it was in their championship years with Durant. It's not just KD and Thompson's absence. That said, every team deals with injuries at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Agreed, a lot of lucky ish went on in that series. But like Shaq says, luck was apart f winning all 3 of his titles. Bron and Kyrie had to play out of there minds while GS pretty much played average ball. I give Bron and Kyrie props for beating the better team. But I still think GS was the better team.
    That's what makes 'Brons accomplishment remarkable. His lead a team to the chip against a team that was clearly better than his, and back from 3-1 down no less. Easily the best thing on his already legendary record.

I buy the argument the Warriors probably wouldn't have won 2 titles without Durant during his time there so in that regard he does deserve credit for that. He won 2 rings, he's now a champion, but we can still compare his championships to other all time greats and when we do, they are among the least impressive of anyone.
    They would have won another ring or two with out a doubt. Hell they likely would have beaten Toronto this year with a healthy Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

This is a similar situation to the spurs prior to getting Duncan. San Antonio was already a 2nd round playoff team. They had key injuries to Wilkins/Robinson and were terrible for a year. As a result they landed a lottery pick and drafted Duncan. the rest was history.

I donít think the warriors are done by any means. A healthy Curry/Klay/Green core shouldnít be difficult to retool around. Plus they likely get a high draft pick, and have a trade chip in Russell. I donít think itís a situation where you can say ďnothing can save themĒ they have a better core than 85-90% of the league when healthy.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-08-2019 at 02:58 PM.

A 73 win team thatís breaking records with out him didnít need him to win. Period.

once the cavs fell apart there was no real contender to stop them from winning two more with or with out Durant. Look at the competition at the time and ask your self which team coulda stopped them?

Ironically the team that could have come closest was Durants Thunder. Which makes all of this that much worse.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-08-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast