Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I'm glad that we've gotten all this into its own thread versus having the news posted in the regular presidency thread.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This has captured people far more than anything else did. They have done a good job and I'm willing to acknowledge that Nancy handled this quite well.
    Nancy has done a lot of things over the last year that impressed me despite my hate for her.

This was not one of them. She’s playing politics instead of integrity of the office of the president and that was clear in 2017 and again last year when members proposed articles of impeachment to hold the president (and in effect the presidency going forward) accountable for violating the emoluments clause and then again for obstruction.

The message is that profiteering off public office is acceptable.

But now that the polls past the 50% mark for support she’s pulling the trigger on the wrong issue.

They are so damn Wishywashy and it’s why they continue to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    “Worthy of our Constitution.”

Save it Pelosi!
    This ****ing guy

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Nancy has done a lot of things over the last year that impressed me despite my hate for her.

This was not one of them. She’s playing politics instead of integrity of the office of the president and that was clear in 2017 and again last year when members proposed articles of impeachment to hold the president (and in effect the presidency going forward) accountable for violating the emoluments clause and then again for obstruction.

The message is that profiteering off public office is acceptable.

But now that the polls past the 50% mark for support she’s pulling the trigger on the wrong issue.

They are so damn Wishywashy and it’s why they continue to lose.

I look at it differently but respect what you're saying. Here's my take and tell me what you think.

I do not believe she is saying anything that they don't do impeachment over is acceptable. I think what she's doing is going after something that is going to get a strong rebuke and I would be very surprised if they don't peel off a bunch of Republicans in the senate (not enough for removal but a super majority). This won't convict Trump but it will send a message that what he's done and what he's said he will do isn't ok. Having something that ends up with acquittal along solely partisan lines to appease the far left is going to do exactly what you think that her not bringing articles will do. A 47-53 non-majority is what will say that profiteering off the office is acceptable. Not refusing to bring up articles based on that.

That's just the way that I see it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    His PhotoShopping of a canine getting an award is more than enough for me. Impeach this guy and lock him up ASAP.
    Funniest thing about this is that you think trump knows how to use photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    None of it is entertaining in any way

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Funniest thing about this is that you think you're the least bit clever. No **** Trump didn't Photoshop this himself, ya dunce.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    As am I.

Pelosi navigated this tricky process effectively, pacing the preliminaries in such a way as to allow the leadership the time to gauge public opinion about the situation, thereby not seriously threatening some of the Democratic House members as they face re-election.

Sure, it was mostly political, but that is the name of the game.

Of course, the House Republicans fell in lock step — as did the House Democrats — but in light of the evidence that Trump crossed the line on this one, they are the one more likely to suffer negative repercussions come campaign time.

At the end of the day, this goes nowhere in terms of substantive justice; it is all about positioning for the 2020 election.
    2 house Dems voted with republicans!

Man. I really wished the Republicans would have opened an impeachment inquiry into Obama when they controlled the house. Did everything in closed doors not allow one transcript to come out from this secret hearing and leak out info you want the public to know.

Could only imagine dbroncos and others reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I look at it differently but respect what you're saying. Here's my take and tell me what you think.

I do not believe she is saying anything that they don't do impeachment over is acceptable. I think what she's doing is going after something that is going to get a strong rebuke and I would be very surprised if they don't peel off a bunch of Republicans in the senate (not enough for removal but a super majority). This won't convict Trump but it will send a message that what he's done and what he's said he will do isn't ok. Having something that ends up with acquittal along solely partisan lines to appease the far left is going to do exactly what you think that her not bringing articles will do. A 47-53 non-majority is what will say that profiteering off the office is acceptable. Not refusing to bring up articles based on that.

That's just the way that I see it.
    Either way he stays in office and we take the constitution outside and burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Man. I really wished the Republicans would have opened an impeachment inquiry into Obama when they controlled the house. Did everything in closed doors not allow one transcript to come out from this secret hearing and leak out info you want the public to know.

Hillary doesn't count?

What's your opinion on Gym and Meadows, two members of the oversight committee, conferring with the president's legal team about what was said in a closed door meeting about the president's abuse of power?

Could only imagine the reaction of you and others if minority members did this under Obama.

Also, Obama was investigated NUMEROUS times. It's not his fault the republicans couldn't find anything impeachable because if they could find anything close to what they felt was then they would have.

2 house Dems voted with republicans!

.....and

Everyone knows investigating is supposed happen on the lawn. Theses no nothing Dems won’t admit it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

And can you imagine if Obama did even one of the things Trump does and says every single day?

GOP bashed him for golfing. Trump golfs ten times as much and no issue. Obama said he’d be open to talks with North Korea and conservatives ripped him apart. Trump does it and he’s a hero. Hillarys emails are a scandal, but none of the Trump admin using private accounts for government business is.

Imagine if Obama had his own hotel that he hosted business at while in office? Imagine if he fired the director of the FBI for not ending an investigation into himself. Imagine if Obama sent even one of the hundreds of divisive tweets that Trump did.

You guys couldn’t even handle a light colored suit.

So spare me this nonsense. To whatever degree Dems are hypocrites, the GOP has them beat tenfold.

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast