Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 154 of 209 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3127
  1. #2296
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Collins has been popular in the past until Trump came along. She hasn't been up for re-election in 6 years. That's a long time.

    As for KY, I got nothing other than that it's a super red state. I wouldn't spend a dime trying to unseat McConnell.
    If you run the right candidate, defeating someone in Kentucky is possible aka 2019 governor's race.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  2. #2297
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    16,844
    I have to admit it, Schiff presented an awesome case against Trump. He was very detailed and on point.

    And they use all 24 hours as that want clown gone!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-23-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  3. #2298
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    16,844
    They need 5 to flip?
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  4. #2299
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,827
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I have to admit it, Schiff presented an awesome case against Trump. He was very detailed and on point.

    And they use all 24 hours as that want clown gone!
    I was listening to him on my way from work. Definitely very very detailed. I wouldn't call it riveting but the guy did his homework
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #2300
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I seriously don’t know how anyone can watch this. It’s so damn boring and who the hell cares anyways? Instead of wasting tax payers dollars they should be working on cutting spending, and fixing issues in this country. Not waste weeks on this that won’t even change things anyways


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Democrats objective is to manipulate voters.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ence-is-voters

    Yet the Democrats' long and detailed legal arguments — while ostensibly intended for the ears of the 100 senators acting as both judge and jury in the trial — are more broadly intended to target voters far outside the Beltway, who will provide the ultimate verdict on Trump's undertakings in Ukraine when they head to the polls later this year.
    The Democrats' impeachment case rests on allegations, first aired by a government whistleblower, that Trump withheld vital military aid to Ukraine to pressure that country's leaders to launch a pair of anti-corruption investigations that might have benefited him politically.

    The first was to target the former Vice President Joe Biden, a 2020 presidential contender whose son was employed by a Ukrainian energy company while Biden served under former President Obama. The second would examine the conspiracy theory — dismissed by the U.S. intelligence community — that it was Kyiv, not Moscow, that interfered in the 2016 election.
    this last quote is backwards. the first favor Trump asked for was related to the 2016 election, where Trump literally said "US" and not "ME".

    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  6. #2301
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    16,844
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Democrats objective is to manipulate voters.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ence-is-voters





    this last quote is backwards. the first favor Trump asked for was related to the 2016 election, where Trump literally said "US" and not "ME".



    I already said this back when it was in the HOUSE that this was all done to bruise him up to get more votes that are independents..

    The Dems can’t beat him any other way but with investigations.

    They can’t beat him with the economy!

    They can’t beat him with their poor candidates, who really wants Joe Biden? Bernie will get railroaded again....

    And good ole Hillary will try to parachute right in after the Dems are all bloodied up from
    Beating each other up.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  7. #2302
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,235
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/schif...aign=dwtwitter

    Schiff Admits In Senate Trial That Impeachment About Stopping Trump Re-Election
    House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA), who is serving as a Democratic impeachment manager during President Donald Trump’s Senate impeachment trial, admitted on Wednesday that Democrats’ partisan impeachment was about stopping the president from being re-elected.

    “The House did not take this extraordinarily step lightly,” Schiff began. “As we will discuss, impeachment exists for cases in which the conduct of the president rises beyond mere policies, disputes to be decided otherwise, and without urgency at the ballot box.”

    “Instead, we are here today to consider a much more grave matter and that is an attempt to use the powers of the presidency to cheat in an election,” Schiff continued. “For precisely this reason, the president’s misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.”

    Numerous top Democrats have essentially admitted that their pursuit of having Trump removed from office was about stopping him from being re-elected.

    In May, Rep. Al Green (D-TX) said, “I’m concerned that if we don’t impeach this president, he will get re-elected.”

    Also in May, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, “We have to make sure — this will sound political but we have to make sure that the Constitution wins the next presidential election. We can’t be worrying about well, how long is this going to take? Well, that will take as long as it does. And we will press the case so that in the court of public opinion. People will know what is — is right. But we cannot accept a second term for Donald Trump if we are going to be faithful to our democracy and to the Constitution of the United States.”

    In November, socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, “At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, um, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House. We also need to move quite quickly because we’re talking about the potential compromise of the 2020 elections,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “And so this is not just about something that has occurred; this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”

    Last month, Green told C-SPAN that there was “no limit” to the number of times that Democrats could pursue impeaching Trump.

    “A president can be impeached more than once,” Green said. “So, we can do this, we can move forward with what we have on the table currently, we can take this before the Senate and we can still investigate other issues and when the president has committed additional offenses, and my suspicion is that he will, we can take those before the Senate.”

    “There is no limit on the number of times the Senate can vote to convict or not a president, no limit to the number of times the House can vote to impeach or not a president,” Green continued. “So, my belief is that the speaker will probably say we’re going to move forward with what we have now, but we’re not going to end investigations and that there may be possible opportunities to do other things at a later time.”
    the Democrats argument relies on the allegation that Trump tried to persuade Ukraine to do this entirely for his own political benefit. where is the evidence of that, and no Joe Biden being a candidate for the Democrat nomination is not enough evidence when there is evidence of his corruption related to Ukraine.

    Democrats hate Trump, have always wanted to impeach him, and will continue that if/when Trump is not removed this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  8. #2303
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,465
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/schif...aign=dwtwitter

    the Democrats argument relies on the allegation that Trump tried to persuade Ukraine to do this entirely for his own political benefit. where is the evidence of that, and no Joe Biden being a candidate for the Democrat nomination is not enough evidence when there is evidence of his corruption related to Ukraine.

    Democrats hate Trump, have always wanted to impeach him, and will continue that if/when Trump is not removed this time.
    You mean aside from Guiliani stating he was requesting this on behalf of Trump as Trump's personal attorney?

    I do love how your argument has shifted from "he didn't do this" because we all know he did at this point, to now that it's technically OK he did this.

  9. #2304
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,465
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I have to admit it, Schiff presented an awesome case against Trump. He was very detailed and on point.

    And they use all 24 hours as that want clown gone!
    I think you might be bi-polar.

  10. #2305
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,235
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You mean aside from Guiliani stating he was requesting this on behalf of Trump as Trump's personal attorney?

    I do love how your argument has shifted from "he didn't do this" because we all know he did at this point, to now that it's technically OK he did this.
    how does this prove or show anything against what I said. Trump as President would rather use his own personal lawyer to get help for what would be for America and not just himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  11. #2306
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,827
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/schif...aign=dwtwitter




    the Democrats argument relies on the allegation that Trump tried to persuade Ukraine to do this entirely for his own political benefit. where is the evidence of that, and no Joe Biden being a candidate for the Democrat nomination is not enough evidence when there is evidence of his corruption related to Ukraine.

    Democrats hate Trump, have always wanted to impeach him, and will continue that if/when Trump is not removed this time.
    If you were going to investigate a national politician and were concerned about his being corrupt would your first move be to announce on national TV that you were opening an investigation into him? Would you tie someone making that announcement to something they needed? seems like if you wanted to catch Biden you wouldn't make and announcement at all
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #2307
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,465
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how does this prove or show anything against what I said. Trump as President would rather use his own personal lawyer to get help for what would be for America and not just himself.
    Because someone's personal attorney is not acting on behalf of the US Government and is not even authorized to make deals on behalf of the US Government. Also, conditioning the investigation be made public does not benefit the US at all in any way. It does however benefit Trump by damaging Biden's Presidential campaign.

  13. #2308
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,235
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because someone's personal attorney is not acting on behalf of the US Government and is not even authorized to make deals on behalf of the US Government. Also, conditioning the investigation be made public does not benefit the US at all in any way. It does however benefit Trump by damaging Biden's Presidential campaign.

    show me where Trump as President of the United States is not allowed to use his own personal lawyer for American interest.

    you're stuck on this only being a benefit to Trump. you could have a point if there was nothing against Joe Biden and/or his family, and that is not accurate. it benefits America to expose Biden corruption.









    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you were going to investigate a national politician and were concerned about his being corrupt would your first move be to announce on national TV that you were opening an investigation into him? Would you tie someone making that announcement to something they needed? seems like if you wanted to catch Biden you wouldn't make and announcement at all
    if Biden (or Biden family) were still actively involved then I imagine you wouldn't want to tip them off, but this was something that had already happened, such as when Joe Biden was Vice President pre 2017.





    withholding aid is not new, it's been done before.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Ukraine.html

    Mike Pompeo says OBAMA was the one who corruptly withheld military aid from Ukraine and insists there was nothing wrong with Donald Trump's controversial call with the Ukrainian president - but critics denounce his comments as a 'conspiracy theory'
    Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has gone on the offensive, defending President Donald Trump and suggesting that it was actually the Obama administration that was malfeasant in Ukraine.

    In an interview with Fox News host Martha MacCallum on Wednesday night, Pompeo said that there was nothing wrong with Trump's July phone call to the Ukrainian president.

    'What I know is I was on the call, I listened to the call, I thought the way the President handled it was appropriate,' he said.

    The call is now at the center of a House impeachment probe, with Democrats alleging that Trump threatened to withhold military aid if Ukraine did not investigate his political rival Joe Biden.

    'This is the administration that provided defensive weapon systems to Ukraine,' Pompeo said of the Trump administration.

    'The previous administration... I couldn't tell you why, I couldn't answer if it's because of Hunter Biden that Barack Obama and Vice President Biden didn't give defensive weapon systems to Ukraine,' he continued.

    'They'll have to answer for that. Maybe I just don't have the full story,' Pompeo said.

    At the heart of Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky's July 25 call with Trump was a request for the U.S. to sell that country Javelin anti-tank missiles.

    After Zelensky suggested he wanted to buy more Javelins, Trump asked him for a 'favor' and then later urged him to investigate Hunter Biden.

    The sale of the Javelins was approved by the State Department late last month.


    The Obama administration did refuse to sell Ukraine lethal military hardware, as Pompeo asserted, under the stated justification that such sales would escalate tensions with Russia.

    In other interviews, Pompeo repeated his assertion that former President Barack Obama and Vice President Biden may have corruptly withheld aid to Ukraine.

    'This is the administration that actually provided defensive weapons systems [to Ukraine]. I could not tell you why the Obama administration chose not to [arm Ukraine]. Was it because of Hunter Biden? I don't know!' he told the New York Post on Wednesday.

    https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/10/r...-withhold-aid/

    Rand Paul: President ‘Has Every Right To Withhold Aid’ If He Suspects Corruption
    Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said Sunday that President Donald Trump “has every right to withhold aid” to Ukraine if he believed there was significant corruption present in the country.

    Paul argued that foreign assistance is never automatic and subject to “contingencies.” The senator would not have offered any aid to Ukraine at all, he told NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

    “There are always contingencies on aid. President Obama withheld aid. … I think it’s a mistake to say, ‘oh, he withheld aid until he got what he wanted.’ Well, if there is corruption, he has every right to withhold aid,” Paul said, adding, “If it were me, I wouldn’t give them the aid because we don’t have the money.”

    Though a recent Fox News poll indicated that 49% of Americans support impeachment, Paul explained that the most important factor in the impeachment process is the reality or at least the appearances of “fairness” and if Americans perceive that Trump is being treated unfairly by House Democrats.

    “I think the American people think it’s unfair to treat Trump to one standard and Joe Biden under a different standard,” he told NBC News. Trump and his allies have accused Joe Biden of having a Ukrainian prosecutor removed from his job so that he would not investigate a natural gas company where he son, Hunter Biden, sat on the board of directors.

    Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham has also called the impeachment process unfair and says the Senate should not even proceed with a trial if the House impeaches the president.

    Paul said it is impossible to get inside the mind of the president to determine how much he was motivated by his belief that former Vice President Joe Biden was acting improperly in Ukraine. “Foreign aid by law can only go out to countries that are not corrupt so if you think that a country is acting in a corrupt way, the president can always withhold aid until the corruption is fixed.”

    The senator said in this context a quid pro quo linking military assistance to Ukraine investigating Biden is unimportant because the president “absolutely does” believe “the Bidens were corrupt.”

    Paul said ultimately the impeachment is not being driven by a desire for justice but is nothing more than a power grab. “This ends up being a policy debate and a partisan debate. It has nothing to do with legality or illegality or impeachment. It’s purely a partisan way of trying to overturn the election.”
    google.. Ukraine corrupt country.

    Corruption is widespread in Ukrainian society. Transparency International's 2018 Corruption Perception Index ranks the country in 120th place out of 180 countries. In 2012 Ernst & Young put Ukraine among the three most-corrupt nations of the world - alongside Colombia and Brazil.
    be honest, this isn't about withholding aid, that has been done before and will be done again. I must have missed the Obama impeachment. the Democrats argument relies on the allegation that Trump tried to persuade Ukraine to do this entirely for his own political benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  14. #2309
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,873
    I mean we do have Parnas, the guy who was there on behalf of Trump and Guliani threatening Ukraine, stating that it wasn't about corruption and was all about getting an announced investigation into Biden. So there's that.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 01-23-2020 at 11:30 AM.

  15. #2310
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,571
    Donald Trump had the right to withhold aid and there was a system in place to allow that to happen. Only problem from Trump is that his own administration certified that Ukraine met all the legislative requirements to withhold the aid.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •