Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

House approves Impeachment Inquiry

Since the house officially voted for an impeachment inquiry, it is time to consolidate any and all impeachment talk into one thread.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/tr...-live-updates/

Please post anything impeachment related here.

His PhotoShopping of a canine getting an award is more than enough for me. Impeach this guy and lock him up ASAP.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    His PhotoShopping of a canine getting an award is more than enough for me. Impeach this guy and lock him up ASAP.
    Well he didn't do it himself. If he had, it wouldn't have been photoshopped, he would have just drawn the dog into the picture with a sharpie.

Yay! The Dems voted to start an inquiry into possibly doing something something they’ve investigated and deliberated about to potentially maybe deal with a problem that should have been dealt with two years ago!

The party of maybe really knows how to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yay! The Dems voted to start an inquiry into possibly doing something something they’ve investigated and deliberated about to potentially maybe deal with a problem that should have been dealt with two years ago!

This has captured people far more than anything else did. They have done a good job and I'm willing to acknowledge that Nancy handled this quite well.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Hey, maybe when the Senate codifies trump's behavior the next president can trade florida for Greenland and some Republican dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This has captured people far more than anything else did. They have done a good job and I'm willing to acknowledge that Nancy handled this quite well.
    As am I.

Pelosi navigated this tricky process effectively, pacing the preliminaries in such a way as to allow the leadership the time to gauge public opinion about the situation, thereby not seriously threatening some of the Democratic House members as they face re-election.

Sure, it was mostly political, but that is the name of the game.

Of course, the House Republicans fell in lock step — as did the House Democrats — but in light of the evidence that Trump crossed the line on this one, they are the one more likely to suffer negative repercussions come campaign time.

At the end of the day, this goes nowhere in terms of substantive justice; it is all about positioning for the 2020 election.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    As am I.

Pelosi navigated this tricky process effectively, pacing the preliminaries in such a way as to allow the leadership the time to gauge public opinion about the situation, thereby not seriously threatening some of the Democratic House members as they face re-election.

Sure, it was mostly political, but that is the name of the game.

Of course, the House Republicans fell in lock step — as did the House Democrats — but in light of the evidence that Trump crossed the line on this one, they are the one more likely to suffer negative repercussions come campaign time.

At the end of the day, this goes nowhere in terms of substantive justice; it is all about positioning for the 2020 election.
    There is no part of impeachment that ISN'T political. Which is why the reasons for using it are extreme but vague.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Let’s be serious folks!

The Dems do not care about some phone call Trump had...

They just want to bruise and beat him up a little for the 2020 election...they want to get those votes that they need and people could leave the Trump train if he gets bruised up a little...

It is so obvious!

Just make sure Adam Shiff gets questioned....

It is on their list as another way to TRY beat Trump....

They can’t use the economy....where is that collapse?

Oh wait, it’s coming!

Save it Dems!
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

“Worthy of our Constitution.”

Save it Pelosi!

5. 2009

Nothing is getting done for the people

At least back in 1998 there were 31 Dems that agreed with THAT impeachment....

None yesterday or maybe one....

Hilarious!

On a poll:

Arizona,Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin all oppose with a majority

Those are battleground States...

5. 2009

Solving REAL problems for the US will not get done with the long lasting impeachment BS!

It will cut the Dems throat IMO.....

GOOD LUCK Biden!

He will lose votes....

5. 2009

Jobs report came out good!

Economy is roaring!

Impeachment is all they got!

5. 2009

not one Republican voted for this nonsense.

this from Democrat Jerry Nadler 1998..

https://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stor...ts/nadler.html

There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would lack legitimacy, would produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come. And will call into question the very legitimacy of our political institutions.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    not one Republican voted for this nonsense.

this from Democrat Jerry Nadler 1998..

https://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stor...ts/nadler.html
    I guess the Republican argument of the time swayed his opinion. Is this supposed to be a hypocrisy thing?

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast