Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 1450
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because itís all about that communication to dem regular folks...,am I rite?
    It all comes down to communication. The use of it and focus grouping is absolutely nothing new to politics. Remember the estate tax? No you don't...you remember the death tax. Because Republicans found a focus group tested phrasing that allowed them to essentially get it repealed.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  2. #782
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,941
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It all comes down to communication. The use of it and focus grouping is absolutely nothing new to politics. Remember the estate tax? No you don't...you remember the death tax. Because Republicans found a focus group tested phrasing that allowed them to essentially get it repealed.
    So with your example, do you find that acceptable in attempting to impeach a sitting president of the US?

    Itís only thing to use language to communicate legislation or even attempt to get elected but this is a process to impeach a president, public opinion shouldnít matter.

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So with your example, do you find that acceptable in attempting to impeach a sitting president of the US?

    Itís only thing to use language to communicate legislation or even attempt to get elected but this is a process to impeach a president, public opinion shouldnít matter.
    Yes I think impeaching a president is acceptable. As did the founding fathers BTW.

    Changing the language they communicate their message in is smart by the Democrats. Quid pro quo is correct but literally and figuratively foreign to Americans. Bribery and extortion is clear and concise. The presidents actions were a clear abuse of power and from what Iíve seen so far appear to be impeachable.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,941
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yes I think impeaching a president is acceptable. As did the founding fathers BTW.

    Changing the language they communicate their message in is smart by the Democrats. Quid pro quo is correct but literally and figuratively foreign to Americans. Bribery and extortion is clear and concise. The presidents actions were a clear abuse of power and from what Iíve seen so far appear to be impeachable.
    The founding fathers did not attempt to impeach a president in the court of public opinion. The way Americans feel about words shouldnít matter at all unless this is about an election. Itís politically smart by the Dems. But it also shows what a sham this has all been.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,316
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The founding fathers did not attempt to impeach a president in the court of public opinion. The way Americans feel about words shouldnít matter at all unless this is about an election. Itís politically smart by the Dems. But it also shows what a sham this has all been.
    How dare they try and use public opinion when trying to hold a corrupt President accountable for his actions. The lack of integrity on their side makes me sick!
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,941
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How dare they try and use public opinion when trying to hold a corrupt President accountable for his actions. The lack of integrity on their side makes me sick!
    It shouldnít matter. They donít need Americaís opinion. In other words, they are using this process to attempt to garner favor for the next election. Therefore they are using our government to serve their own purposes.... sound familiar?

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    It shouldnít matter. They donít need Americaís opinion. In other words, they are using this process to attempt to garner favor for the next election. Therefore they are using our government to serve their own purposes.... sound familiar?
    Good point.

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,316
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    It shouldnít matter. They donít need Americaís opinion. In other words, they are using this process to attempt to garner favor for the next election. Therefore they are using our government to serve their own purposes.... sound familiar?
    what happened to im angry b/c its behind closed doors stuff? He is being investigated b/c he broke the law. Disagreeing with every possible action other then complete inaction doesn't change what is in the interest of the law
    Last edited by ewing; 11-19-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,451
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iím not defending trump by stating how I view their testimony. And you are wrong. These accounts did not go directly from trump to them, yet trump is the one up for impeachment. There has not been one person as of yet that can provide direct linkage with a quid pro quo to Trump. Again, using phrases like ďthat was my understandingĒ is not good enough. This is a political process meant to harm trumps re-election chances, nothing more,
    So you're saying that everyone in the process believed the arrangement must be a Quid Pro Quo but that doesn't mean it came from Trump? Where do you think they all got this idea that it must be a Quid Pro Quo?

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The founding fathers did not attempt to impeach a president in the court of public opinion. The way Americans feel about words shouldnít matter at all unless this is about an election. Itís politically smart by the Dems. But it also shows what a sham this has all been.
    What evidence do you have to make this claim? Of the individuals here impeached, you believe that none of the founding fathers or anyone else made an attempt to convince the public it was a good idea?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...ns_and_results

    Joey: this is a bad argument man. Of course you need the public opinion in favor of impeachment. It is a wholly political process and therefore, you need the people on board. This is common sense.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  11. #791
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    22,344
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol all the complaints in here are just whining about dems.

    Anyone here with a problem with this care about the context and actually think what trump did was good/acceptable or is it all just whining about the other side?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the context is actual Biden corruption and something that should not have happened. Hunter Biden even admitted this himself.







    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is that the argument you're taking? That now it's completely OK to do this? That is great news, considering how much Liberals hate Trump. We can expect zero complaining from conservatives when Trump leaves office and a Democrat comes in that he demand Britain, China, Russia, Ukraine, etc. investigate him or else they will cease all trade deals and aid until it's done.

    This is actually a huge win for Democrats then, because I'm assuming there will be no complaints from conservatives about how it's illegal/immoral/unethical.
    do you really think this isn't going to happen with the next Democrat President? Democrats are already investigated anything they can against Trump. they could do it even more when Trump is no longer President because he wont have any power to protect himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,941
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you're saying that everyone in the process believed the arrangement must be a Quid Pro Quo but that doesn't mean it came from Trump? Where do you think they all got this idea that it must be a Quid Pro Quo?
    Why do you continue to ask subjective questions as if thatís some type of proof? Itís not....thus far no witness that has testified has had direct contact with the president about Ukraine can testify to a quid pro quo. Thatís all that matters.

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,962
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    It shouldnít matter. They donít need Americaís opinion. In other words, they are using this process to attempt to garner favor for the next election. Therefore they are using our government to serve their own purposes.... sound familiar?
    Iíd be less concerned with Dems changing from using the phrase quid pro quo to the word bribery, as the republicans bending over backwards and changing their entire defense of this action nearly a dozen different times now.

    This SHOULD be about whatís right and holding a corrupt president responsible for his actions. But just goes to show how they are treating this as nothing more than a sham.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  14. #794
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,962
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Why do you continue to ask subjective questions as if thatís some type of proof? Itís not....thus far no witness that has testified has had direct contact with the president about Ukraine can testify to a quid pro quo. Thatís all that matters.
    In a sports replay have you never seen multiple non definitive replay views stitched together to get to a definitive ruling on a play?

    Just because one shot doesnít do it all, doesnít mean that multiple angles put together putting it together has to be any less reliable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,941
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What evidence do you have to make this claim? Of the individuals here impeached, you believe that none of the founding fathers or anyone else made an attempt to convince the public it was a good idea?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...ns_and_results

    Joey: this is a bad argument man. Of course you need the public opinion in favor of impeachment. It is a wholly political process and therefore, you need the people on board. This is common sense.
    Itís a political process, not an election enhancer. Are you saying that if a president is popular he can commit any act he wants and not be held accountable? Youíre asking me to supply evidence that itís a sham? It would be nice if the Dems provided evidence for impeachment instead of a few rumors and a mystery whistleblower. Furthermore if itís similar about public opinion perhaps we should allow the Bidenís to testify to see if the American public agrees with the presidents actions or not? You lost this argument now... go watch msnbc and get more talking points...

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •