Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2019 offseason discussion thread

This is where we discuss all the offseason moves for our beloved world champion Nationals also a very important one so watch this space all winter long

I guess we start with Stras and Rendon? If we could only choose one, im going with Strasburg and hope that Kieboom is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    I guess we start with Stras and Rendon? If we could only choose one, im going with Strasburg and hope that Kieboom is good enough.
    Boras represents both right? If so, good luck. I could easily see both wanting to head closer to home, especially after winning the series just now.

Well Stras has until tommorrow to decide whether or not to opt out but being closer to home would be a big reason for them to leave if they do

I wouldnt blame either of them, i know if i were in their shoes id be looking for as big a payday i can find now that i got my ring. Theyre both getting up there in age

Nationals should have just spent the money and signed Rendon. How many 3B are better? This is a classic case of being penny-wise and pound foolish. You cannot play money. Donaldson is 34 with a less than lean body. He is not worth 4 years and a 1st round draft pick. Trading for Bryant will cost good players. Over-all, not very smart on Nationals' part.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    Nationals should have just spent the money and signed Rendon. How many 3B are better? This is a classic case of being penny-wise and pound foolish. You cannot play money. Donaldson is 34 with a less than lean body. He is not worth 4 years and a 1st round draft pick. Trading for Bryant will cost good players. Over-all, not very smart on Nationals' part.
    From signing Cabrera and Castro, it would appear they are moving on from Donaldson.

Also, extending Rendon for his down years is a poor decision, especially considering they are also extending Strasburg for his down years, and have arbitration raises coming soon for Soto, Turner, Robles, etc. You can't sign everyone.