Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Josh Hamilton arrested for felony charge of injury to a child

Five-time MLB All-Star Josh Hamilton was arrested on a charge of injury to a child in Fort Worth, Texas on Wednesday, according to multiple reports.

CBS DFW reports that Hamilton turned himself in at the Tarrant County courthouse on the third-degree felony charge and faced a $35,000 bond.

According to the report, one of the bond conditions prohibited Hamilton from contacting one of his three daughters or any child under the age of 17.

An arrest warrant affidavit obtained by CBS DFW states that one of Hamilton’s daughters accused him in September of escalating an argument into a physical altercation.

She accuses Hamilton of throwing a water bottle at her, cursing at her and pulling a chair from under her legs, causing her to fall, according to the report. He allegedly threw the chair, which broke, with part of it striking her.

He then allegedly picked her up and carried her over his shoulder into her bedroom, where she claims he threw her on her bed, pinned her face down and repeatedly hit her on her back and legs with an open hand and closed fist, leaving scratch marks on her back from his fingernails.

According to the affidavit, Hamilton then told her he hoped the situation would end up in court.

“I hope you go in front of the f---ing judge and tell him what a terrible dad I am so I don’t have to see you anymore and you don’t ever have to come to my house again,” Hamilton allegedly said.

The Dallas Morning News reports that the alleged victim told her mother and Hamilton’s ex-wife, Katie Hamilton, about the incident, prompting her to seek a protective order in family court.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...213130143.html

What a piece of ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Hate when these things happen

Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

I wonder if its related to his previous substance abuse. Sure he could be an ******* sober but given Hamilton's history with drug and alcohol abuse, it wouldn't surprise me.

Still a mess.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

I wouldn't expect anything better from a crackhead.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

He was such a good role model when he finally got clean. Then he just relapsed all over again. The minute he divorced his ex wife, I knew he would be a d-bag all over again. After all she had to go through with him, for him to dump her like that... Hope he rots in prison

A crack head was a great role model. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    A crack head was a great role model. Sure.
    *When he finally got clean.

I don't see why reformed addicts can't be role models.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    *When he finally got clean.

I don't see why reformed addicts can't be role models.
    I don't disagree at all, but

We're talking about a guy who ****ed up the early parts of his career bc of drugs, then had a few good seasons, then failed more drug tests but mlb for some reason decided not to suspend him, flamed out of baseball about the same time and is now a child beater.

There is literally nothing "role model" about this guy.

We're talking about a guy who ****ed up the early parts of his career bc of drugs, then had a few good seasons, then failed more drug tests but mlb for some reason decided not to suspend him, flamed out of baseball about the same time and is now a child beater.

He relapsed near the end of his career as well. Divorced his wife too, after she stood by him for all of that.

This dude clearly has some demons, but there is no need to take it out on the kids. If you can't be around them, let them stay with the mom.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He relapsed near the end of his career as well. Divorced his wife too, after she stood by him for all of that.

This dude clearly has some demons, but there is no need to take it out on the kids. If you can't be around them, let them stay with the mom.
    Sounds like that decision has been made for him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Sounds like that decision has been made for him at this point.
    No doubt but it shouldn't get to that point.

Ah gotcha. Agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I wonder if its related to his previous substance abuse. Sure he could be an ******* sober but given Hamilton's history with drug and alcohol abuse, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Sometimes sobriety can lead to this stuff. My stepdad became way worse at managing his emotions when he stopped drinking. He had no stress management outlet.
    Took him like 10 years to figure it out. Exercise ended up being the key.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast