Sat. 16 at Florida Panthers 7:00 PM ET
    Wed. 20 vs. Washington Capitals 8:00 PM ET
    Fri. 22 at Ottawa Senators 7:30 PM ET
    Sat. 23 at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM ET
    Mon. 25 vs. Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM ET
    Wed. 27 vs. Carolina Hurricanes 7:00 PM ET
    Fri. 29 at Boston Bruins 1:00 PM ET
    Sat. 30 at New Jersey Devils 1:00 PM ET

Looks like the same line up vs Nashville. Staal and Lundqvist are on the bench. Zibanejad has a sore chicken neck. I'm hoping for a trap game and the Rangers continue strong play with Chytil anchoring the second line. Lindgren who has the license plate, "Drive Angry" and hits anything that moves. One thing's for sure. No Staal has made a HUGE difference in the way Fox and deAngelo play.

Iíve always liked Staal but he hasnít been the same since heís lost sight in is right eye. Now I could be wrong but Pionk has been doing well in Winnipeg, and iím Wondering if being paired with Staal made Pionk look worse than what he really was last season. Because Fox was not looking good with Staal and before that DíAngelo was not looking good when pair with Staal. There might be something there.

FYI: I was reading that once Chytil and a Lindgren were brought up. Hartford barely won the next two games and then finally got their first lost of the season in the last game they played.

Igor Eronko
    @IgorEronko

3h
    Vitaly Kravtsov's 2nd game in Traktor: 20:02 TOI, 6 SOG (12 attempts), 1 goal, 7:07 offensive zone time #NYR
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-02-2019 at 03:36 PM.

All the more reason to head scratch when the Rangers chose to buy out native New Yorker, Kevin Shattenkirk. Shattenkirk has 10 pts in 14 games. Sure, a part of that is due to playing on Tampa but he has a right to work back from an injury. Marc Staal has a step or two in the last 3 seasons. His reaction time is terrible. Yet, coaches continue to run him out there out of respect. Well, the RESPECT is another season left on his contract.

As for Neal Pionk, the Rangers won the trade by bringing in Trouba. The best Pionk will be, 3rd line defenseman. The Rangers have Tony deAngelo who has just as many points as Neal but more balanced with 4/4. The Plus/minus will improve. Keep in mind, Tony had to play alongside Staal.

Let's get into today's game....

Ol' King Thor Staal sat again. Henrik does his thing, winking at girls. No Mika. Yet, the Rangers once again are showing more life as a TEAM.

Chytil continues to prove that the Rangers' coaching staff were a pack of fools to start the season with Strome, Namestnkov, etc at the second line center position. EVERY time he was on the ice, the Rangers went on the attack.

Ryan Lindgren played brilliant defense in the final 5 minutes of the game when the Rangers couldn't stop giving Nashville another power play. Sure, there were some brutal non-calls but that happens when you're on the road.

Panarin has taken over as a passer, distributing and setting up Strome which ends up the game winner.

Goaltender Georgiev has been serviceable but I'd like to see Igor get the call up and Henrik to take about 50 games off.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 11-02-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Donít get me wrong, I always wanted Troubaóyou canít teach size and speed. What I was saying was that with Pionk thatís 3 people whoís numbers were pulled down while being paired with Staalótheres a pattern there.

But yes, I agree with you, Staal should have been brought out over Shattenkirk. Or at least dealt. Smith with given a 2nd chance after showing up out of shape, why couldnít Shatty.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-02-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Because of Staal. Itís pretty obvious Staal shouldnít be in the lineup. I wouldnít wanna be Quinn and Gorton right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

I think the Staal issue isnít nearly as bad as the goalie issue is gonna be. Lundqvist has got to go as Georgiev is having another good season and Shesterkin and Huska are both playing so well, Shesterkin is forcing his way up here. No to mention the salary issues that can be remedied quite easily with Lundqvistís 8.5 mil.

Also saw that on HockeyNight in Canada, Chris Johnston said we are showing interest in Puljujarvi.
    What would you guys give up for Puljujarvi?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-03-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I think the Staal issue isnít nearly as bad as the goalie issue is gonna be. Lundqvist has got to go as Georgiev is having another good season and Shesterkin and Huska are both playing so well, Shesterkin is forcing his way up here. No to mention the salary issues that can be remedied quite easily with Lundqvistís 8.5 mil.

Also saw that on HockeyNight in Canada, Chris Johnston said we are showing interest in Puljujarvi.
    What would you guys give up for Puljujarvi?
    I'd be willing to give them Kreider for J.P and a 2nd. They mishandled him big time, his start was like Kakkos start here, I'd love to get him because I feel we would be getting someone in line with our rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'd be willing to give them Kreider for J.P and a 2nd. They mishandled him big time, his start was like Kakkos start here, I'd love to get him because I feel we would be getting someone in line with our rebuild.
    If the Rangers want JP so bad they should make that trade separately. If Edmonton is insistent on us taking him in a trade for Kreider as a main piece, thatís their issue not ours. Most suitors we could ship Kreider to are still in play and there will actually be a market there.

JP could be bad for a mid-pick and prospect himself.

You think theyíd take Ryan Strome back now that heís a point per game player haha

Unfortunately, the Oilers hired Ken Holland who was a huge part of scouting and later working as GM for the Red Wing team that was a multiple Cup winner and near Dynasty. He won't give in to moving PuljuJšrvi for Kreider who hasn't played like a man trying to get himself a big contract somewhere as a free agent.

What the Rangers do have, addition thru subtraction. By giving Staal nights off to play at FAO Schwarz, it's allowed Lindgren to come in and dish out punishment all over the ice.

When Mika returns, the Rangers can drop Strome to 3rd line center...keep Chytil at 2nd line center. Send Brandon Smith down and keep Howden who is a face off winning machine.

Don't play Henrik. Just use him to wink at girls. Promote panty throwing night at the Garden. Good for PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Unfortunately, the Oilers hired Ken Holland who was a huge part of scouting and later working as GM for the Red Wing team that was a multiple Cup winner and near Dynasty. He won't give in to moving PuljuJšrvi for Kreider who hasn't played like a man trying to get himself a big contract somewhere as a free agent.

What the Rangers do have, addition thru subtraction. By giving Staal nights off to play at FAO Schwarz, it's allowed Lindgren to come in and dish out punishment all over the ice.

When Mika returns, the Rangers can drop Strome to 3rd line center...keep Chytil at 2nd line center. Send Brandon Smith down and keep Howden who is a face off winning machine.

Don't play Henrik. Just use him to wink at girls. Promote panty throwing night at the Garden. Good for PR.
    I'd move Strome to Rw with Panarin and zib. Move fast to 3rd line with Lemieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'd move Strome to Rw with Panarin and zib. Move fast to 3rd line with Lemieux.
    Thatís what I was thinking too. Whether they want to keep Strome and he gets comfortable in NY like a new Brassard, all for it. If not, heís going to build some nice trade value playing along side Panarin.

Unless iím mistaken, in the 3rd period of the game Lemieux and Fast were put with Andersson and they looked pretty good together.

Getting back to the earlier question: Edmonton is up against the cap so any deal involving Kreider would mean we would have to take a contract back, more than likely Kris Russell or Sam Granger. According to Friedman, Carolina offered Gauthier, St.Louis offered Kostin and TB has offered Volkov. I would think we would have to give up a prospect, someone like Puljujšrvi and the above mentioned 3, someone who hasnít lived up to their potential like maybe Sean Day. Or maybe a pick.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-05-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Unless iím mistaken, in the 3rd period of the game Lemieux and Fast were put with Andersson and they looked pretty good together.

Getting back to the earlier question: Edmonton is up against the cap so any deal involving Kreider would mean we would have to take a contract back, more than likely Kris Russell or Sam Granger. According to Friedman, Carolina offered Gauthier, St.Louis offered Kostin and TB has offered Volkov. I would think we would have to give up a prospect, someone like Puljujšrvi and the above mentioned 3, someone who hasnít lived up to their potential like maybe Sean Day. Or maybe a pick.
    I think Edmonton is looking for a roster player imo, a top 6 guy but that's my opinion. The pressure is on to make the playoffs. Honestly if we are looking for a match there it might actually be Fast. Low salary, plays good defensively, good speed can play in top 6 if necessary. It would be a nice compliment to Draisaitl and McDavid to have Fast there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast