Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I really don’t get what Edmonton is doing, the are like 32,000 under the cap and Adam Larson who’s making 4.2 mil. should be back from injury in early December. They have to dump salary in order to fit him before they can even think about adding a top 6 forward. Holland has to get creative.

Unless. We talking about retaining salary, in which case we are gonna have to be overwhelmed.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-06-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Last night, Section 7, Row 1 Seats 6, 7 against the former Red Army. Period one was a SNOOZEFEST. Then the Rangers realized, "Y'know the Wings aren't that good this year." Pummeled them in the 2nd. In the 3rd with 5 minutes left and down by 3 goals, the Wings pulled the goalie. It all backfired.

Right now, the Rangers need consistency. One night they look AWFUL. Next night, they look dynamic.

Was it me or was Kreider invisible in today’s game( vs. Carolina). I mean other than the empty net opportunity he had which he did nothing with—was stopped on a one on one, nothing. Chytil and Buchnevich are looking really good together, and it doesn’t make a difference who’s placed on Panarins line, he will make them look good. Lemieux and Kakkko looked good but Howden did nothing other than win 6 of 13 face-offs. The defense looked shaky as Staal and Hajek looked pretty overmatched at times.

Wonder if Carolina would be interested in Kreider, other than their top 3, I would love to see Necas on a line with Chytil and Buchnevich.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-08-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Kreider has been invisible for all but 2 games all season long. I would have expected him to come into this season, motivated to get a big contract. Instead, he's pedestrian at best. NOW, I understand why Tortorella hated him.

Yesterday, Lundqvist STOLE the Hurrcane's win. Now that Pionk, Mcdonagh, and Shattenkirk are doing well, what is Ruff's excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Kreider has been invisible for all but 2 games all season long. I would have expected him to come into this season, motivated to get a big contract. Instead, he's pedestrian at best. NOW, I understand why Tortorella hated him.

Yesterday, Lundqvist STOLE the Hurrcane's win. Now that Pionk, Mcdonagh, and Shattenkirk are doing well, what is Ruff's excuse?
    Really don’t think we can lump in McDonagh. He was an all star. Even Shattenkirk battled injuries and was never given the same opportunity. I get the argument but it loses credibility when you lump in guys that were successful during their tenure here

Kreider is mentally soft, this contract year is proving it. I'd still take a gamble on moving him for Pulijujarvi +. I believe J.P is still a strong prospect even if the Oilers tried to ruin him.

JUst saw Staal has ankle surgery and will be re-evaluated in 2weeks. he had an infection in the ankle btw.

I would like to see Geertens get called up, he has the size and physicality but I want to see how fast he is. Though I think more than likely Smith gets moved to defense should someone get hurt or Quinn decided to bench a player, so that would then lead to McKegg getting more ice time.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Staal injury is a blessing. At least two weeks. This defense looked better than it has in years when Staal was out. I love what he did for us for years, but if he wasn’t in the lineup these kids could actually develop properly.

As far as the D, Hajek I think has been more average than good. Skjei has been better but still feels expendable. He could be an attractive piece in a trade that brings back a nice piece.

Panarin is as advertised, my reservations about his signing though were with how he played late in games in the playoffs last year. Pin Strome too him though just in case you decide on flipping him. Guys value at the deadline could be big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Strome hasnt all of a sudden been good because of Panarin he has been a useful player no matter what line he is on since day one in a Ranger uniform, not sure why everyone is trying to push him out the door. In order of effective forwards it's been Panarin, Zibanajad then Strome in our top 3. That doesnt even point out the fact he plays pp, pk , strong on faceoffs, has bite to his game and makes players around him better. I'd prefer to keep him, i really dont feel the organization I shopping him.
    Last edited by bsi; 11-10-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Yet, another Rangers game where the defense allows 2 goals 30 secs apart.

Fox has to play better on the side of the ice where his position is assigned. A lame attempt to get at the loose puck was disturbing.

Lindgren gets his first but Panarin attracts 3 defenders that allows him to sell the shot/pass.

You can score 5 goals and still lose. This IS the 2019-20 Rangers.

Young team with growing pains, atleast we can score, once the d figures it out we could be dangerous.

Looks like Mika will be out for another week. Gives Chytil more playing time at 2C. I'd like to see Lias Andersson play more with the 3rd line. I dunno what will be the story with this kid holding out from Edmonton but a little size wouldn't hurt. I want to see the Ranger team whose 3rd line is just as dangerous and filthy talented as the first line.

That Kakko kid could be a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    That Kakko kid could be a keeper.
    He’s been looking pretty good out there. Was only a matter of time before he got rolling. Fox is another one. That OT goal was all him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast