Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tonight, the Rangers face the Lightning for a second time (I think). I feel as if this team is THIS close to going on a mini-win streak. The youth is starting to click. Chytil, Fox, Kakko, deAngelo...and they're one piece away from truly storming the NHL. Defense is a work in progress but they are playing a style that is going to lead to a lot of odd man rushes the other way.

Side note: I should feel awful but the Devils being in last place amuses me.

Man am I glad I didn't go tonight

Diarrhea was the Mvp of the last game, hopefully the boys are feeling better.

The penalty killing was abysmal. All season long, I think the penalty killing has allowed nearly 20+ goals allowed in. Skjei has continued to play poorly. Fox, deAngelo, and Smith play offense well but don't get back on defense quickly. Almost wondering if the Rangers have to trade some talent to get a steady, talented stay at home, defensemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The penalty killing was abysmal. All season long, I think the penalty killing has allowed nearly 20+ goals allowed in. Skjei has continued to play poorly. Fox, deAngelo, and Smith play offense well but don't get back on defense quickly. Almost wondering if the Rangers have to trade some talent to get a steady, talented stay at home, defensemen.
    Miller, Lundqvist, Keane and Rykov are options within the organization that will be given a chance over the next couple of years.

Haley has been put on waivers, Andersson has been sent to Hartford and Gettinger has been called up. Wonder what the reason may be as Letteri, Fogarty and O’Reagan are all in double digits in scoring for Hartford.

I’m Assuming:
    Panarin— Zibenajad — Fast
    Kreider — Chytil — Buchnevich
    Lemeuix — Strome —- Kakko
    Gettinger —- Howden —- Smith

Tho’ if it’s me I would have given Meskanen, a Finnish player a shot at playing on the 3rd line with Kaapo and moved Lemieux down to the 4th line. But I’m not the guy making the decisions.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-18-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Haley has been put on waivers, Andersson has been sent to Hartford and Gettinger has been called up. Wonder what the reason may be as Letteri, Fogarty and O’Reagan are all in double digits in scoring for Hartford.

I’m Assuming:
    Panarin— Zibenajad — Fast
    Kreider — Chytil — Buchnevich
    Lemeuix — Strome —- Kakko
    Gettinger —- Howden —- Smith

Tho’ if it’s me I would have given Meskanen, a Finnish player a shot at playing on the 3rd line with Kaapo and moved Lemieux down to the 4th line. But I’m not the guy making the decisions.
    I'd actually prefer to leave Panarin with Strome and see if we could get another top 6 line going and maybe add something to the third. Fogaryy, Letteri and O'Reagan are AHL players, good ones but I dont see NHL in their future.

Kreider Zibanajad Kakko
    Panarin Strome Buch/Fast
    Lemieux Chytil Buch/Fast
    Howden Gettinger Smith

A few thoughts:

1. The longer the organization keeps saying, "Mika's out but it's not a concussion..." I am more convinced, "It's a concussion..."

2. Strome is an UFA this off-season. Do the Rangers have the coin to re-sign him? Should they? Is Chytil ready to be a top center? Who replaces Strome as a 3rd line Center? Do the Rangers need to get themselves a top center especially now that Mika is one more concussion away from Eric Lindro territory?

3. Is the lack of defense attributed to inexperience? Lack of hustle? Lindy Ruff? Or do the Rangers D really suck?

I was looking thru the net and found a couple of things:
    1. Found an article where Quinn says Gettinger was the choice to be brought up because he’s a LW, he’s big plays a physical game, is a net front presence and plays on Hartford’s PK.

2. Found another forum where a fan brought up the idea of us trading Zibenajad. He’s thoughts were that now may be a good time to deal Zibenajad because of his productivity, reasonable contract and age. He was very concerned about the amount of concussions he’s had. Says he could be literally 1 concussion away from forced retirement.
    I was thinking this could be a good topic for discussion.

3. Saw that Toronto is looking for a goalie. Wondering if we could be a match for them since we basically have 4 goalies either in the NHL or ready to make the jump to the NHL.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-19-2019 at 09:26 PM.

I do agree with Quinn.

Rangers could use a little size and physicality to compliment their talented snipers. Today's game FEELS like the era of power forwards. You look at Ovechkin, McDavid...and guys who create their own shot. You need someone who can put a body on them and FORCE them to change their angle or muscle them from obscuring Henrik's view. Ideally I'd like that kid who refused to report to Edmonton but who goes to Canada?

I also agree about Zibanejad. Ottawa gave him up for Brassard and very little. A big "Huh. Didn't expect that to be so easy" moment. I was at the Garden when he broke his leg and you could HEAR the disturbing SNAP from the 100 level seating. I was convinced then that Mika's style will not allow him to play a long career. Then last season, he was one of the FEW bright spots. This season he started off looking so perfect alongside Panarin. The trade sounds intriguing and not at all crazy. In today's game, Rangers NEED an elite Center. You might even argue in today's game you NEED 3 elite lines. Again, if the right deal comes along I'm ok with Gorton pulling the trigger.

I think the Rangers plan to give up one of their goalies to get elite defensive help and/or Center upgrade. I just hope they keep Igor. He reminds me A LOT of Hasek.

Lias Andersson scored his first goal in his first game in Hartford. Kid NEEDs minutes. I think he's going to be fine. I still sour on the fact, Quinn couldn't give him more than 8-9 min a game.

What a win tonight.

I’d like to see them keep the Panarin / Strome / Fast and Kreider / Chytil / Buchnevich lines together when Mika gets back. Those lines look pretty great. Mika pushes Howden down and slides between Kakko and Lemieux or put Howden on the wing and slide Lemieux down. Then you have 3 strong lines for teams to deal with every night.

I also hope Rykov gets healthy soon. I’d like to see him in Hijek’s place for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the way Panarin shoots! When he receives a pass that puck isn't on his blade for a second before he shoots! Man I love that!!!

Preview of what the Rangers can be when they're clicking on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I love the way Panarin shoots! When he receives a pass that puck isn't on his blade for a second before he shoots! Man I love that!!!
    It’s refreshing to see a guy like that on this team. He has a good look, lets it go quick, and hits his spot, with authority. Loving watching him play

When he’s in a good spot, you know he’s hitting the net, and you know there’s a good chance it’s going in

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast