Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I agree with you Beast, 110%. The top 2 lines are clicking, and Zibenajad would give Kakko a real player to play alongside of.

For s**ts and giggle: I wonder if we could clear enough room to sign Taylor Hall should hit free agency. I think if I were Gorton & JD I would have a serious talk with Lundqvist —let him know we are absolutely not gonna re-sign him and it might be in his best interest to accept a trade somewhere where the could maybe get a contract extension for a few more more years added to his contract —like what Brodeur got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I agree with you Beast, 110%. The top 2 lines are clicking, and Zibenajad would give Kakko a real player to play alongside of.

For s**ts and giggle: I wonder if we could clear enough room to sign Taylor Hall should hit free agency. I think if I were Gorton & JD I would have a serious talk with Lundqvist —let him know we are absolutely not gonna re-sign him and it might be in his best interest to accept a trade somewhere where the could maybe get a contract extension for a few more more years added to his contract —like what Brodeur got.
    What has Taylor hall done besides inflate his personal stats? Any team he is on underachieved imo. I've never thought of him as a player who makes others better, bit of a puck hog and him wanting to leave NJ after they obviously added a lot to keep him there Subban, Simmonds etc doesnt paint a pretty picture for me. I'd pass on him for his $.

Hall has “inflated” his stats ?? You realize Hall played for Edmonton who’s been ****** for the longest time—he was their best player—-in what world do you NOT see the teams best player not getting the puck?? “Halls teams have underachieved ??” Really! Do you really believe that Edmonton and NJ have underachieved because of Hall—I guess Nugent-Hopkins and Jordan Eberle are hall of famers to you. And New Jersey—what forwards have they had besides Palmieri. This year you can say Hughes and Zaca but that’s this year and the season is early.

As far as New Jersey goes: You know which NJ team he plays for right! Because if we’re talking about the same NJ team—the one that’s currently 6-10-4 and waived their starting goalie. I team that currently only has 2 up and coming young players on it. The team who has a roster full of middling players—-who’s Connor Carrick?? Tennyson?? Blake Coleman, Travis Zajac, Severson, Andy Greene?. They aren’t going anywhere. And Hall is 28, he doesn’t have time to sit around a wait for NJ to rebuild and become a contender. Simmonds hasn’t scored 50 pts since 2016-2017 season and he’s 31.

If you don’t think Hall will workout here or help us get into the playoffs than just say that but to say that he’s held his past teams back and that he isn’t good but yet say he would basically be a d**k if he left NJ who has looked to make the team better around him so he would stay is a contradiction
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-23-2019 at 01:10 AM.

I’m not interested in signing a 29 year old to a 7 year contract that will almost certainly end badly. To be quite honest I felt similarly about Panarin, but at least with him, he was a year younger when he signed, he hasn’t been in the league as long, and he plays a more elusive style of hockey. If your looking to steal a star from a rival, however, I would consider offer sheeting Barzal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Hall has “inflated” his stats ?? You realize Hall played for Edmonton who’s been ****** for the longest time—he was their best player—-in what world do you NOT see the teams best player not getting the puck?? “Halls teams have underachieved ??” Really! Do you really believe that Edmonton and NJ have underachieved because of Hall—I guess Nugent-Hopkins and Jordan Eberle are hall of famers to you. And New Jersey—what forwards have they had besides Palmieri. This year you can say Hughes and Zaca but that’s this year and the season is early.

As far as New Jersey goes: You know which NJ team he plays for right! Because if we’re talking about the same NJ team—the one that’s currently 6-10-4 and waived their starting goalie. I team that currently only has 2 up and coming young players on it. The team who has a roster full of middling players—-who’s Connor Carrick?? Tennyson?? Blake Coleman, Travis Zajac, Severson, Andy Greene?. They aren’t going anywhere. And Hall is 28, he doesn’t have time to sit around a wait for NJ to rebuild and become a contender. Simmonds hasn’t scored 50 pts since 2016-2017 season and he’s 31.

If you don’t think Hall will workout here or help us get into the playoffs than just say that but to say that he’s held his past teams back and that he isn’t good but yet say he would basically be a d**k if he left NJ who has looked to make the team better around him so he would stay is a contradiction
    Yes I do believe Edmonton and NJ both underachieved because he is a me first player. I mean he has pretty much been a minus player his whole NHL career and made the playoffs once as the lead player on most of those teams. I dont know if was accidental or not but you left out Hischier, Palmeiri, Hughes, Boqvist, Simmonds and Gusev. No contradiction made at all, I'm saying he is leaving NJ because it's easier, that he is basically saying it's not my fault the team sucks when he is the one that should be making the difference. This kinda crap always bothers me. It's like Hossa, well he wanted out of Ottawa because he was sulking, spends time in Atlanta and wants to leave because they suck, he finally gets to Pittsburgh who is a contender, they get to the finals and then the Pens lost to Detroit, so what does he do? He bails to go play with the team they lost to because he thought they would win him a cup. I was happy to see him lose the next year to the team he left and wished he would never win a cup, but ofcourse in typical fashion he bailed to Chicago to win with them. Hall gives me that vibe, ya he is a good player but he is waiting for someone else to win for him, it's never his fault. I'd spend 10 mill somewhere else but that's just my opinion
    Last edited by bsi; 11-23-2019 at 09:30 AM.

I'm really tired of the Rangers beating top teams then jobbin' to middle of the pack teams that to be quite honest, aren't really that good.

This is a team with a lot of good young players in the lineup on a nightly basis. They have the talent to beat anyone on any given night, especially when the goalies are playing at the top of their game, but because they’re so young, they aren’t going to play on that level every single game. If that wasn’t what you were expecting, then your expectations might be a little higher than they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you see last nights game? Ottawa stacked the blue line and yet we still kept trying to stickhandle our way into the offensive zone. You would think our coaches would have changed our strategy to a dump and chase to at least help us get into the zone.But....

Also why is it that our defense keeps backing up on the defensive zone instead of stepping up and taking the body on the forwards.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-23-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Youngest team in the league you are gonna have that for now, hopefully they get better as we go

Brilliant Rangers comeback or historic Montreal collapse? You be the judge.

Granted I only saw highlights from last nights game,but I really think Brendan Lemieux is a huge key to this team. I don't expect 25-30 goals out of him,but I'd like to see him play with a controlled agression and get under opponets skin more often. He was huge last night and I'd like to see that more often.
    Secondly I'm sure we're headed in the right direction,we're gonna get some real clunkers like the Sen's game the other night,but once we click and it all comes together we should have some terrific hockey to watch for years to come.

Still don’t get why Haley and McKegg are playing. I can understand the logic of having another Lemieux type player on the ice—Haley is not Lemieux. McKegg is just plain and simple as waste of a body on the ice.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-24-2019 at 07:44 PM.

The New York Rangers announced they have recalled forward Boo Nieves from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL, while returning forward Timothy Gettinger to the minors. Nieves, who appeared in 43 games with the Rangers last season, will be up for the first time this season with the Rangers. He has one goal and eight points in 20 games with Hartford this year. Gettinger appeared in two games the Rangers picking up an assist, his first NHL point of his career.

Boo BTW has not options so if he is sent down he is subject to being placed on waivers.

Seems McKegg must be hurt after leaving yesterday’s game in the 2nd period.

Also shows Zibenajad is still now ready to play.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-24-2019 at 10:35 PM.

I'm not a huge Brendan Lemieux fan. I absolutely despise his father as a gutless puke. Having said that, his toughness has inspired a team that is missing: LEADERSHIP.

Rangers defense has a lot of offensive minded guys. Fox, deAngelo, even Trouba. That's leading to a lot odd man rushes the other way. Skjei hasn't been playing well for some time now. Lindgren and Hajek are good but very green.

The forwards are terrible at checking their guys. This is a team of snipers.

This team reminds me a lot of Mario Lemieux's Penguins. It's going to be an offensive juggernaut but going to win a lot of 4-3 games. It's never going to be a gritty team that can win a 2-1 game.

Holy CRAP! Rangers don't play down to the competition and win in OT vs the Wild.

One wonders what the Rangers will do about Kris Kreider. He's at least giving production (13 pts over 22 games) BUT he's in danger of getting passed by 2 rookies, Kakko & Fox. Despite only playing 9 games, Mika is only 2 pts behind Kreider.

Strome, deAngelo & Lemieux will pose even more difficult decisions. DeAngelo was part of the trade involving Derek Stepan. What a steal. Lemieux has added toughness and grit, two much needed characteristics. Strome has filled in for Mika admirably.

IF only the Rangers could re-work the contracts of Staal, Smith where are big contracts.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast