Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Reading through the Tweets, it doesn't look like the 49ers have made an offer to Emmanuel Sanders, which likely means that they won't if there hasn't been any discussions at this point. In addition to this Tweet, Sanders removed the avatar of him in a 49ers uniform from his Instagram and replaced it with the letter E.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESanders_...20337579397120

Also, today's Marquise Goodwin Tweet makes it sound like he doesn't expect to be back either.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marquiseg...99586344361986

Neither of these moves are overly surprising with the limited cap space and the team looking to extend Kittle, Buckner, and likely Armstead.
    Im ok with both of those

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Tom Brady 2019:
    YPA: 6.6 (27th in NFL)
    Rating: 88.0 (18th)
    Compl% 60.8 (27th)
    Bad throw %: 20.6 (29th)
    On target %: 73.1 (22nd)

Jimmy Garoppolo 2019:
    YPA: 8.4 (3rd)
    Rating: 102.0 (8th)
    Compl% 69.1 (4th)
    Bad throw %: 13.7 (4th)
    On target %: 80.7% (4th)
    Those numbers don't mean much of anything considering the 9ers have much better weapons

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Those numbers don't mean much of anything considering the 9ers have much better weapons
    Bad throw percentage and on target throw percentage are advanced stats that look at the QBs throws alone. The receivers are irrelevant to those two stats.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Im ok with both of those
    Same. I think that we're on the same page with the WRs other than Pettis. I'd rather give him one more shot rather than add a 6th or 7th round pick by trading him.

Also, if we are talking about the pass catchers impact on the QBs stats, Jimmy Garoppolo's 4th ranked completion percentage and 8th ranked QB rating came despite 49ers pass catchers being 3rd in dropped passes...and anyone who watched the games should remember that several of his interceptions were the result of dropped passes.

Probably also important to remember that Jimmy didn't have much at WR early in the season. Deebo was a rookie and really didn't hit his stride until the second half. The #1 WR from camp (Trent Taylor) and the WR selected in the 3rd round of the draft (Jalen Hurd) were both injured before the season started. Pettis was a collosal disappointment.

Bad throw percentage and on target throw percentage are advanced stats that look at the QBs throws alone. The receivers are irrelevant to those two stats.
    I hope you know I'm just ****ing with you. I hate Tom Brady 😂

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

There are statistics out there that teams who lost in the superbowl rarely get back to the superbowl in the following year. And other than the patriots, there are not many dynasties anymore where teams are getting back there with any kind of frequency. The primary reason is... when people are close, they try to run it back with the same, they take fewer risks and use the same formula. Sooo... I have some proposed thoughts on a risky 49ers off-season that could make them better long term.

This Year

- Trade Jimmy G to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick
    - Start Mullins at QB this year
    - Trade Dee Ford to the Jets for 2nd round pick
    - Front load new deals with the newly created cap space for Kittle, Buckner, Armstead, etc.
    - Let Jimmy Ward walk as we draft his replacement
    - Draft WR, Safety, and Cornerback with our first 3 draft picks (1 first, 2 seconds)

Next Year
    - Sign Kirk Cousins (Shanahan's BFF)
    - Trade Mullins who hopefully has really good value after a full season as a starter

This mini-rebuild will put us in better financial situation and set us up better to be a great team for a long time. Also, I think Cousins is a better fit for what Shanahan wants to do. Jimmy G was good this year, but how much of that is him being good and how much of it was Shanahan making him look good with great play calling.

I am not saying we give up on trying to win next year. But Ford was always hurt and is a situational pass rusher, so move on while he still has value. Mullins was good as a starter the other year. He knows Shanahan's playbook now inside and out. So give him a shot.

So, you want to tank the year after having a double digit lead with 7 minutes to go in the Super Bowl in order to get Cousins?

Nope, don't like that.

I really like Mullins. I wish he could get another chance here. I don't think JG has it. But **** getting Cousins

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I am not saying that we tank, I am saying that we move on from any player that we do not think is a longer term answer. Holding onto them this year because we thought we were close to winning a superbowl is the reason that most teams who lose in the superbowl do not make it back there.

I am saying we lock up the players that we think are part of our core moving forward... Jimmy G and Dee Ford are not players I am sold on. So by moving on from them now, their value is higher and we can use the money from their high salaries to pay players we want to keep. So it MAY make us a little worse this year, but much better next year, and the next year, etc.

Again, my belief is that those players are not going to improve like everyone hopes, so I am ready to gamble and sell high, and by doing so, give us a better chance at a superbowl for years to come.

So, you want to tank the year after having a double digit lead with 7 minutes to go in the Super Bowl in order to get Cousins?

Nope, don't like that.

Jimmy G is a better QB than Cousins and a much better one than Mullins. You want to do something risky to get to the SB? Go for it more on 4th down. Don't be afraid to try to win instead of giving the other team another chance. Don't be afraid to throw the ball in the right situations. Don't be afraid to run the ball in the right situations. Don't bench a RB that lead the team in rushing earlier in the season because of fumbles. Trust the players you drafted more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Buckner's 5th year option was reduced by $2 million due to his classification changing from DE to DT based on playing more snaps at DT last year (he was initially drafted as a DE when we played the 3-4). Not only does that save us $2 million in cap space this year, but the DT tag is roughly $4 million cheaper for DTs than DEs in the event that we'd have to tag him next year.

I haven't been in here in a while so I don't know what's all been said but this is my take on what should be done in FA in the draft.

Don't NEED significant additions/starters:
    *QB
    *RB: Coleman, Mostert, Wilson already locks to return and Breida also a possibility. Only an UDFA or late pick would make sense imo.
    *T: Staley and McGlinchy are the starters, I like Brunskill both as the swing tackle now, possibly the starting RG, and as a future Staley replacement. The team also likes Shon Coleman a lot so I expect him to be brought back.
    * LB

Positions that need added depth:
    *TE: Kittle is obviously the guy but it'd be nice to add someone who can be a consistent contributor as the second TE, possibly a mid round pick or a veteran like Delanie Walker who makes a TON of sense to me.
    *DL: Even if Armstead isn't brought back, Ford, Bosa, Buckner, and DJ Jones is a fine group of players. But with a lot of other players leaving and injury concerns with Ford, depth is needed. Bringing in a veteran like Cam Wake as an edge rusher as well as a veteran DT, and a mid round pick would all make sense.
    CB: Sherman, Mosely, and William's are the likely starters going into next year with Ahkello and Reed being solid backups. Maybe bringing in a veteran to push Mosely and Ahkello would be a good idea but not necasarilly needed imo.

Positions that need a significant upgrade/contributor:
    WR: Deebo is the only player under contract that can be trusted and even if Bourne is brought back he's best in a limited role. Pettis, Taylor, and Hurd all have the potential to be solid contributors but can't be relied on at this point. Another early pick or veteran seems neccasary.
    G/C: Tomlinson is the only player that is good enough and durable enough to count on. Richburg was really good when healthy but his injuries are starting to pile up, and Person is solid but unremarkable. I'd bring back Garland to fill in for Richburg until he's back and draft someone that can challenge Person for the starting RG job.
    S: Tartt is penciled in for one spot. If Ward is brought back we can roll with what we have. I want to give Moore a shot at the job if Ward isn't brought back but a veteran should he brought in just in case he isn't ready. A draft pick may also be an option.

Arik Armstead returning on 5 year deal worth "up to" $85 million. My guess is that the "up to" language means that some of it is incentive based. It's also likely back loaded to account for the rising salary cap under the new CBA. Glad to have him back.

Arik Armstead returning on 5 year deal worth "up to" $85 million. My guess is that the "up to" language means that some of it is incentive based. It's also likely back loaded to account for the rising salary cap under the new CBA. Glad to have him back.
    Glad he's here, but really want to see the contract

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast