Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 574
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,948
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    So I watched TWO more film highlights of Jeudy. Only one of Lamb, to try and move the needle.

    It separated even further. First the good on Jeudy... he does have some good take off speed, meaning in open space, I think he could create separation. The comps by scouts have said Amari Cooper. But that is the only positive I saw in the additional two reviews of his best plays. There may have been a couple plays that impressed me, but for the most part, his best plays weren't NFL style plays.

    Lamb has been comped to Deebo. The highlights of him, are the absurd amount of tackles he breaks like Deebo can. But that comes with a caveat b/c the conf he plays in has bad tackling. But he's explosive. Lamb jumps off the page with quick burst, his instincts, his footwork, he can turn nothing into something.

    Lamb led all of the top 5 WR in YAC.

    Big games (ranked opponents)

    Player 1. 6 rec 204 yds 1 TD. 5 - 26 yards, 5 -71 yards 1 TD, and 4 rec 50 yards.

    Player 2. 4 rec 119, 8 - 173 yards, 4 - 36 yards, 10 - 171 yards 3 TD's

    Jeudy is the route runner. If that's what you are looking for, Jeudy takes that trophy. Don't doubt that.

    Lamb is a game breaker, game changer, explosive.


    I think all this talk though is really just fan talk. Kyle and John probably wont' take a WR at 13. They've drafted so many WR's and mostly 2nd round onward. I've had this discussion with Red but at 13th you have to take value, and that is primarily at the most important positions on the field. QB, protect the QB, or go after the QB. If you are convinced of a lockdown CB then that's a possibility. I'm ok with a future tackle who will play guard until Staley retires. Doubt they go QB, and doubt they get a Dlineman.

    At this point, I'm no longer convinced that Kyle has an "eye" for WR talent. I think he has an idea of his system, and which players should thrive in that system, and sadly, there's a disconnect, as most if not all (sans Deebo) have been suboptimal
    Lamb played against big 12 competition though. He's a 1st round talent, but he's not above Jeudy
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,948
    I think I'm wanting to trade down slightly with our first pick, then trade up with our 31st pick and grab Shenault. I seriously think Shenault and Deebo would be an insane combo
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,948
    Anyone think we could snag Everson Griffin on the cheap side?
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,521
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Anyone think we could snag Everson Griffin on the cheap side?
    The 49ers do a lot of things. Snagging waived veterans who appear to have something left in the tank is not one of them.

    I don't even count Mathews or Verrett, but when's the last time this regime signed a somewhat perceived decent player that may have been waived prematurely or was available on the cheap?

    Like the Chiefs when they picked up honey badger...

    or Tsizzle. Man, that guy has been part of two teams that beat the 49ers in the SB... unbelieveable.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,521
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Lamb played against big 12 competition though. He's a 1st round talent, but he's not above Jeudy

    Yah, fell asleep last night to another review. Consensus is jeudy is #1. This review I watched said Jeudy is the clear #1, but that Lamb has the higher ceiling. I guess I saw that. He can be all-pro level. Jeudy might be a solid 1A or #2 in the NFL.

    There's a reason why I listed ranked team in my analysis... b/c of the "competition"... I'm just curious who Terrell Owens and Jerry Rice faced at Tenn Chat and Miss valley st.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  6. #276
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Anyone think we could snag Everson Griffin on the cheap side?
    He won't be cheap.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    The 49ers do a lot of things. Snagging waived veterans who appear to have something left in the tank is not one of them.

    I don't even count Mathews or Verrett, but when's the last time this regime signed a somewhat perceived decent player that may have been waived prematurely or was available on the cheap?

    Like the Chiefs when they picked up honey badger...

    or Tsizzle. Man, that guy has been part of two teams that beat the 49ers in the SB... unbelieveable.
    The Chiefs made Honey Badger the highest paid safety in the NFL when they added him. He wasn't a value addition.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,948
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Yah, fell asleep last night to another review. Consensus is jeudy is #1. This review I watched said Jeudy is the clear #1, but that Lamb has the higher ceiling. I guess I saw that. He can be all-pro level. Jeudy might be a solid 1A or #2 in the NFL.

    There's a reason why I listed ranked team in my analysis... b/c of the "competition"... I'm just curious who Terrell Owens and Jerry Rice faced at Tenn Chat and Miss valley st.
    Fair point
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,368
    I am sold on the idea of drafting one of the four elite tackle talents. They provide good positional value. Each could make a case for being the number one tackle selected in other draft years. So between positional value and the strength of the tackle class, I think that would be where I would go with our 1st round draft pick. Yes, we still have Staley, so whoever we draft can play guard and move to tackle next year... which is a good way to develop a tackle anyway.

    The receiver class is very deep but I don't think it is very top heavy. There are two receivers who make the case to be the top receiver, neither of them being elite athletes. Then this is a handful of other very good receivers... big ones, small ones, all different kinds. I am fine waiting to take a receiver due to my believe there isn't blue chip talent in this class and the depth of the class.

    I would take tackle with first pick then trade back with our second first round pick, ideally picking up a 2nd and a 3rd pick, then turning those picks into a receiver and a corner.

    After that, I would take the best player available to continue to build out depth... would be nice to get an athletic tight end to pair with kittle. Also would like to get an athletic center to develop. Obviously an edge rusher would always be nice, but they are hard to find and this is a weak class.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    I am sold on the idea of drafting one of the four elite tackle talents. They provide good positional value. Each could make a case for being the number one tackle selected in other draft years. So between positional value and the strength of the tackle class, I think that would be where I would go with our 1st round draft pick. Yes, we still have Staley, so whoever we draft can play guard and move to tackle next year... which is a good way to develop a tackle anyway.

    The receiver class is very deep but I don't think it is very top heavy. There are two receivers who make the case to be the top receiver, neither of them being elite athletes. Then this is a handful of other very good receivers... big ones, small ones, all different kinds. I am fine waiting to take a receiver due to my believe there isn't blue chip talent in this class and the depth of the class.

    I would take tackle with first pick then trade back with our second first round pick, ideally picking up a 2nd and a 3rd pick, then turning those picks into a receiver and a corner.

    After that, I would take the best player available to continue to build out depth... would be nice to get an athletic tight end to pair with kittle. Also would like to get an athletic center to develop. Obviously an edge rusher would always be nice, but they are hard to find and this is a weak class.
    I'm certainly open to the idea of taking an OT with #13, but all four of these guys aren't necessarily great fits for our scheme. Wirfs is by far the best fit (and probably the OT with the biggest upside). I think that Thomas can also play it and possibly Wills, but I'm not 100% sold on that. Becton would be an absolute disaster in an outside zone scheme.

    If Wirfs or Thomas are there at #13, I would strongly consider drafting them even with all the top WRs on the board. That being said, I expect both to be gone.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,053
    I think that Henry Ruggs is Shanahan's guy. He's got the elite speed that Shanahan covets, but he's also a good route runner, physical for his size, and very good after the catch.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    For ***** and giggles, I ran a few mocks.

    In every mock Jeudy and Ruggs were gone, and Lamb was there.

    Additionally, I could’ve had my choice of Thomas, Kinlaw, and/or Okudah in different drafts.

    Mock drafts are mostly fun and provide little value other than to show the quality of players that may be around at a given pick.

    In this case, there are so many talented players in this draft that there will be plenty of options for us. I think 13 is just about the perfect spot to be for teams looking to trade up

  13. #283
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    For ***** and giggles, I ran a few mocks.

    In every mock Jeudy and Ruggs were gone, and Lamb was there.

    Additionally, I could’ve had my choice of Thomas, Kinlaw, and/or Okudah in different drafts.

    Mock drafts are mostly fun and provide little value other than to show the quality of players that may be around at a given pick.

    In this case, there are so many talented players in this draft that there will be plenty of options for us. I think 13 is just about the perfect spot to be for teams looking to trade up
    If Okudah is there at 13 (he won't be), that's an easy pick for me. Get the WR with 31 in that scenario.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    If Okudah is there at 13 (he won't be), that's an easy pick for me. Get the WR with 31 in that scenario.
    Agreed
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,268
    Did a few mocks myself and receivers flew off the shelf. Took Javon Kinlaw at 13 and Michael Pittman Jr. at 31.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •