Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Shaquille Quarterman if he's a two down guy. Not really a pass coverage guy.

Joe Bachie is probably my favorite linebacker this year

Dylan Moses
    I'm on the Isaiah Simmons train. That guy is gonna be star in the NFL. Unfortunately, if he declares as a junior, he'll probably be a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I'm on the Isaiah Simmons train. That guy is gonna be star in the NFL. Unfortunately, if he declares as a junior, he'll probably be a top 10 pick.
    Yea we will have no shot at him

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Simmons is a freak. No way the 49ers get anywhere close to him.

At LB Dye is more likely, and he fits the mold of

If they want to maintain the tradition it could be Greenard DE/Edge.

CB Dantzler fits their mold and may be available at the bottom of the first, but Lynch seems to be willing to wait on DBs.

There are a bunch of OL in that 20-50 range as possibles.

How about a guy like Prince Tega Wanogho (Auburn)? Should they be looking at a LT to replace Staley? Or possibly even a guard like Shane Lemiuex (Oregon) or Solomon Kindley (Georgia).

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    How about a guy like Prince Tega Wanogho (Auburn)? Should they be looking at a LT to replace Staley? Or possibly even a guard like Shane Lemiuex (Oregon) or Solomon Kindley (Georgia).
    I think most of us agree OL is a priority.

Alex Leatherwood might be a guy that will be there for us. He's got a hell of a skill set, good size and athleticism.

OL, LB, WR, RB for me

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    OL, LB, WR, RB for me
    Running back? Really?

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

As long as we don't take a RB in the first 3 rounds I'm good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Running back? Really?
    RB in the later rounds . I wouldn't mind getting 2 LBs actually

We need depth on the defense. Our linebackers are very bad.

I also think we need to move Sherman to safety. Witherspoon and Mosley should be the starting corners.

Need a lot of depth.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

We need depth on the defense. Our linebackers are very bad.

I also think we need to move Sherman to safety. Witherspoon and Mosley should be the starting corners.

Need a lot of depth.
    I don't think our LB's are very bad or even close tbh. Warner is approaching top 5 LB in the league, Kwon is a playmaker when healthy, and I think Greenlaw has played well for a 5th round rookie and he should only get better. Al-Shaair is an UDFA that, predictably, needs work but isn't horrible. I also dont agree with moving Sherman to safety quite yet, he's been great all year while Mosely and Witherspoon have been solid but have had their lapses.

Position by position, heading into the offseason, offense:

-QB: Doesn't need to be touched. Jimmy could maybe be restructured to create some cap space, but Mullens will be back cheap as an ERFA.

- RB: I've been in the camp of Shanny not needing a high paid or highly drafted guy here but I'm starting to change my stance a bit. While we have gotten good production out of a committee, I think our offense could go to another level with an every down playmaker as a runner and receiver out of the backfield. I'd love to see a clear cut guy added this offseason, but would be ok if we roll with a committee again.

WR: If Sanders is brought back this group should be set. Bourne may be gone as a RFA, but it shouldn't hurt much. Pettis will have a shot to redeem himself, and Taylor and Hurd will be back from injury. Obviously if Odell is available that's something we should consider but that may get tricky with our dwindling cap space and guys up for new contracts. Sanders, Deebo, Pettis, Taylor, Hurd, and James is a solid group and if KB is brought back cheap it just adds more depth.

TE: If we had more picks I'd love to add someone to pair with Kittle as a playmaker but that's not really a luxury we can afford imo. Adding a blocker to go with Kittle and Dwelley is likely the only addition needed.

T: As long as Staley doesn't retire this is another position I wouldn't rush to address. Brunskill was solid as a swing tackle and, while we'll need an heir to Staley eventually, with so few draft picks this year it's not really something we can address, with Staley still in the building, at least not early in the draft.

G/C: Richburg is good. Tomlinson and Person are solid, with Tomlinson probably the better of the two. Drafting a guard to replace Person may be the most obvious upgrade on the offensive side of the ball.

Position by position heading into the offseason, defense:

Interior DL: Buckner, Jones, Taylor, Street, and Solly are all under contract and a good start for depth on the DL. Im sure Solly will be shopped to create cap space but there hasn't been much interest there in the past. Armstead would be a huge loss but I'm not sure he fits with our cap space long term, I still think he HAS to be franchised and either play on the tag or traded for a desperately needed draft pick or two, we can't let a player of his caliber walk for nothing. If Armstead isn't brought back this may be a position we look at fairly early in the draft. I'd also look into adding a veteran to the rotation.

Edge: Bosa is a stud and isn't going anywhere. Ford is good when healthy but that hasn't been the case throughout his career. After those two we have nearly zero depth. Blair should be brought back cheap, coming off of a torn ACL but he shouldn't be counted on. This should be a position we add multiple players at. A veteran FA that could spell Bosa and Ford and a mid round pick would be my plan of attack. I also wouldn't be opposed to adding someone with a very early draft pick, considering there's a potential out in Ford's contract after next season. You can never have enough pass rushers.

LB: One of a couple positions I wouldn't touch. Warner is becoming one of the best LB's in the league, Kwon is a playmaker, and Greenlaw has played well as a rookie and should only get better. Aziz is solid backup as an UDFA and should also get better.

CB: Sherman is still playing at a high level and should be slotted in as a starter again next year. Although he had a rough game against LAR, Ahkello has played well this year, and Mosely has also played well when needed. K'waun is one of the best slot CB's in the league and DJ Reed provides solid depth at multiple spots. This is another position I'm not overly concerned with.

S: Tartt had been great this year but health continues to be a concern with him. Ward has also been playing VERY well and should be a priority to re-sign. Moore is an ok backup at FS, but I'm not a big fan of Marcell Harris at all as the backup SS, and he's someone I'd look to replace. If Ward walks FS would immediately become our biggest need imo, but if he's brought back I'd still look for a hybrid guy who could fill in at either spot fairly early in the draft considering Ward and Tartts injury history.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Position by position heading into the offseason, defense:

Interior DL: Buckner, Jones, Taylor, Street, and Solly are all under contract and a good start for depth on the DL. Im sure Solly will be shopped to create cap space but there hasn't been much interest there in the past. Armstead would be a huge loss but I'm not sure he fits with our cap space long term, I still think he HAS to be franchised and either play on the tag or traded for a desperately needed draft pick or two, we can't let a player of his caliber walk for nothing. If Armstead isn't brought back this may be a position we look at fairly early in the draft. I'd also look into adding a veteran to the rotation.

Edge: Bosa is a stud and isn't going anywhere. Ford is good when healthy but that hasn't been the case throughout his career. After those two we have nearly zero depth. Blair should be brought back cheap, coming off of a torn ACL but he shouldn't be counted on. This should be a position we add multiple players at. A veteran FA that could spell Bosa and Ford and a mid round pick would be my plan of attack. I also wouldn't be opposed to adding someone with a very early draft pick, considering there's a potential out in Ford's contract after next season. You can never have enough pass rushers.

LB: One of a couple positions I wouldn't touch. Warner is becoming one of the best LB's in the league, Kwon is a playmaker, and Greenlaw has played well as a rookie and should only get better. Aziz is solid backup as an UDFA and should also get better.

CB: Sherman is still playing at a high level and should be slotted in as a starter again next year. Although he had a rough game against LAR, Ahkello has played well this year, and Mosely has also played well when needed. K'waun is one of the best slot CB's in the league and DJ Reed provides solid depth at multiple spots. This is another position I'm not overly concerned with.

S: Tartt had been great this year but health continues to be a concern with him. Ward has also been playing VERY well and should be a priority to re-sign. Moore is an ok backup at FS, but I'm not a big fan of Marcell Harris at all as the backup SS, and he's someone I'd look to replace. If Ward walks FS would immediately become our biggest need imo, but if he's brought back I'd still look for a hybrid guy who could fill in at either spot fairly early in the draft considering Ward and Tartts injury history.
    Kwon is injury proned ... Need depth at LB also I'll CB to that list. Witherspoon's been mostly a non factor

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast