Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,174
    OL I think remains our 1st rounder, but I could see WR as well if there's someone worthwhile where we pick. I don't know if Sanders is back or not next year, but we clearly need a top guy after Monday night.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    OL I think remains our 1st rounder, but I could see WR as well if there's someone worthwhile where we pick. I don't know if Sanders is back or not next year, but we clearly need a top guy after Monday night.
    Sanders shouldn't be too expensive to re-sign due to his age. I think that Sanders and Deebo on the outside with a healthy Taylor in the slot and working in Pettis and Bourne into the rotation will be solid next season. I'd cut Goodwin and use that cap space towards Sanders.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Sanders shouldn't be too expensive to re-sign due to his age. I think that Sanders and Deebo on the outside with a healthy Taylor in the slot and working in Pettis and Bourne into the rotation will be solid next season. I'd cut Goodwin and use that cap space towards Sanders.
    I really don't see Bourne or Pettis as long term options at this point. Kyle sounds about ready to give up on Pettis, and Bourne is either a sure catcher or slaps it into the air at random.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I really don't see Bourne or Pettis as long term options at this point. Kyle sounds about ready to give up on Pettis, and Bourne is either a sure catcher or slaps it into the air at random.
    I doubt that they bail on Pettis after year two. Bourne is a solid bottom of the depth chart WR. The problem has been that he's had to play as a #2/3 WR the last couple of years and he's not that. I also neglected to mention Hurd in my last post. I think that a WR depth chart like this is solid (assuming everyone is healthy) for 2020:

    WR1 Emmanuel Sanders
    WR2 Deebo Samuel
    Slot WR Trent Taylor
    WR4 Jalen Hurd/Dante Pettis
    WR5 Dante Pettis/Jalen Hurd
    WR6 Kendrick Bourne

    The real draft need in my opinion is LT to replace Staley (could play inside for a year until Staley retires) and interior offensive line upgrades.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I doubt that they bail on Pettis after year two. Bourne is a solid bottom of the depth chart WR. The problem has been that he's had to play as a #2/3 WR the last couple of years and he's not that. I also neglected to mention Hurd in my last post. I think that a WR depth chart like this is solid (assuming everyone is healthy) for 2020:

    WR1 Emmanuel Sanders
    WR2 Deebo Samuel
    Slot WR Trent Taylor
    WR4 Jalen Hurd/Dante Pettis
    WR5 Dante Pettis/Jalen Hurd
    WR6 Kendrick Bourne

    The real draft need in my opinion is LT to replace Staley (could play inside for a year until Staley retires) and interior offensive line upgrades.
    Honestly, I feel Skule played extremely well for Staley. I think we have something in him.

    Depending on where we draft, I'm looking at receiver. If Wirfs is available, while hes struggled a bit so far this year, I'd look at him and move him to Guard and back up tackle.

    But to me, receiver is a really big need. Deebo had a coming out party and it was great, but like you've said before, it takes receivers a couple years to get it. So if theres a legit WR prospect at our pick, I'm taking him without hesitation. Then when Sanders is done, we have our replacement
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Honestly, I feel Skule played extremely well for Staley. I think we have something in him.

    Depending on where we draft, I'm looking at receiver. If Wirfs is available, while hes struggled a bit so far this year, I'd look at him and move him to Guard and back up tackle.

    But to me, receiver is a really big need. Deebo had a coming out party and it was great, but like you've said before, it takes receivers a couple years to get it. So if theres a legit WR prospect at our pick, I'm taking him without hesitation. Then when Sanders is done, we have our replacement
    Skule (and also Brunskill) played good enough to make me feel comfortable with our depth at OT, but not good enough to consider the long term option at LT. Shanahan clearly altered his play calling to get the ball out quickly so they didn't have to pass protect long. I forget where I saw the stat, but Jimmy Garoppolo has (or at least had when I saw the stat) gotten rid of the ball faster than any QB in the league. A large part of that was Shanahan designing quick passes due to the OTs being hurt.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,174
    Some of the bigger name draft guys touting the WR quality of this draft FWIW. While I agree that we should likely address OL with our lone high pick, it might be worth at least considering if a great fit of value falls to us.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Skule (and also Brunskill) played good enough to make me feel comfortable with our depth at OT, but not good enough to consider the long term option at LT. Shanahan clearly altered his play calling to get the ball out quickly so they didn't have to pass protect long. I forget where I saw the stat, but Jimmy Garoppolo has (or at least had when I saw the stat) gotten rid of the ball faster than any QB in the league. A large part of that was Shanahan designing quick passes due to the OTs being hurt.
    And it worked. Skule is a rookie and he played well
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    And it worked. Skule is a rookie and he played well
    I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that he hasn't done nearly enough to make me want him to be my franchise left tackle.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that he hasn't done nearly enough to make me want him to be my franchise left tackle.
    That's fine, but he can still grow into that. Imo at least
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    6
    WR and Tackle are our biggest needs. After that it's ILB, because Warner is dog **** and Kwon is injury prone.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,679
    Quote Originally Posted by AwfulQBEvaluate View Post
    WR and Tackle are our biggest needs. After that it's ILB, because Warner is dog **** and Kwon is injury prone.
    Warner isnt dog ****. He just lacks the instinct to read the play a little faster.

    But I agree linebacker is a need
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,577
    I wouldn't put LB high on the need list, other than grabbing a possible OLB situational pass rusher.

    Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, and Lee are all 23 years old or younger, and all have pretty good potential. And they play in a scheme that uses 2 or fewer LBs a lot of the time which brings up a bigger need spot than LB and that is S with Ward, Tartt, and Harris all 25 or older and have had health issues and Moore who struggled a lot at S then got injured. DJ Reed has some FS potential, but they've been playing him limited time at CB.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I wouldn't put LB high on the need list, other than grabbing a possible OLB situational pass rusher.

    Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, and Lee are all 23 years old or younger, and all have pretty good potential. And they play in a scheme that uses 2 or fewer LBs a lot of the time which brings up a bigger need spot than LB and that is S with Ward, Tartt, and Harris all 25 or older and have had health issues and Moore who struggled a lot at S then got injured. DJ Reed has some FS potential, but they've been playing him limited time at CB.
    If he's there for us, and I highly doubt he is. Isaiah Simmonds from Clemson is the prototype of that new LB/S type of player. I think he'd fill a few of the problem areas.

    But we still likely go offense with our early pick(picks if we trade down).

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Skule (and also Brunskill) played good enough to make me feel comfortable with our depth at OT, but not good enough to consider the long term option at LT. Shanahan clearly altered his play calling to get the ball out quickly so they didn't have to pass protect long. I forget where I saw the stat, but Jimmy Garoppolo has (or at least had when I saw the stat) gotten rid of the ball faster than any QB in the league. A large part of that was Shanahan designing quick passes due to the OTs being hurt.
    You're right
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •