Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hes a guard in the NFL
    I'm not that down on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm not that down on him.
    That's not being down on him. Scherff was moved to guard and is one of the best in the NFL. It's a smart move for Wirfs. That's my opinion at least

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Jeremiah Valoaga is now the teams #3 DE with Blair and Moore going to IR.

Ford
    Bosa
    Valoaga

With Armstead/Thomas getting a bunch of snaps at DE as well though many consider them more DTs than DEs.

So, DE is not a need for a starter, but quality depth is critical at the position still.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Jeremiah Valoaga is now the teams #3 DE with Blair and Moore going to IR.

Ford
    Bosa
    Valoaga

With Armstead/Thomas getting a bunch of snaps at DE as well though many consider them more DTs than DEs.

So, DE is not a need for a starter, but quality depth is critical at the position still.
    With the injury, we will likely be able to bring Blair back for dirt cheap next year.

This idea might not go over well, but how about we move on from Sherman after the season and draft a CB? We'd save more than $9 million against the cap next year to use towards re-signing guys like Armstead, Sanders and Ward. Witherspoon and Mosley have shown that they are both capable of being high level starters in this league and adding the first round rookie will give us depth and someone to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    This idea might not go over well, but how about we move on from Sherman after the season and draft a CB? We'd save more than $9 million against the cap next year to use towards re-signing guys like Armstead, Sanders and Ward. Witherspoon and Mosley have shown that they are both capable of being high level starters in this league and adding the first round rookie will give us depth and someone to develop.
    Not a fan of that idea.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Staley will be 37 years old next season and even when he was healthy this season, he hasn't looked good. Would it be time to switch McGlinchey to the left side? I think Skule looked decent enough, along with Brunskill, to man the right. With a limited amount of picks next draft, I'm not sure I would put a high priority on a tackle, although one maybe needed. Person is a guy I'd look to replace on the line if they were to go OL.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Staley will be 37 years old next season and even when he was healthy this season, he hasn't looked good. Would it be time to switch McGlinchey to the left side? I think Skule looked decent enough, along with Brunskill, to man the right. With a limited amount of picks next draft, I'm not sure I would put a high priority on a tackle, although one maybe needed. Person is a guy I'd look to replace on the line if they were to go OL.
    McGlinchy isn't likely going to be moved to the left side. Shanahan has said in the past that he likes McGlinchy on the right side.

I'm not a fan of completely moving on from Sherman but I can see us extending him a couple years and shrinking his cap hit for 2020. He has said in the past that he's open to moving to safety later on in his career so the latter years would give us some flexibility in the latter years, and his leadership is invaluable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234