Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 141
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,181

    College Prospects/Team Needs 2019-2020

    Figured I'd roll another of these threads out. Any college prospects people like so far? Any thoughts on what we do with our 1st round pick? Etc etc.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Figured I'd roll another of these threads out. Any college prospects people like so far? Any thoughts on what we do with our 1st round pick? Etc etc.
    I'd like to use the 1st rounder on the offensive line. If they go OT, I really like Tristan Wirfs from Iowa who could be there. If they go interior, Tyler Buadasz from Wisconsin could be an option.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,654
    Trey Smith OT Tennessee ... he has a blood clot issue that might push him down to the 49ers range. If he was 100% he'd likely be a top 5 pick.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,181
    OL, and likely interior if we pick low 1st, does seem most likely. Solomon Kindley from Georgia is a big Guard who can move that I like. I also like Biadasz from Wisconsin.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,654
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    OL, and likely interior if we pick low 1st, does seem most likely. Solomon Kindley from Georgia is a big Guard who can move that I like. I also like Biadasz from Wisconsin.
    I don't think this head coach or GM believe in investing big on the interior OL so it seems unlikely.

    It's possible they think so much of Skule and Brunskil that they don't invest anything on the OL this coming year but OT seems most likely.
    Last edited by Scoots; 10-31-2019 at 10:45 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think this head coach or GM believe in investing big on the interior OL so it seems unlikely.

    It's possible they think so much of Skule and Brunskil that they don't invest anything on the OL this coming year but OT seems most likely.
    They do at the center position. In Atlanta, they made a big trade for a center because Shanahan wanted to improve there. In SF, they paid big money for Richburg. I could see them investing in a guy like Tyler Buadasz, playing him at guard for a year, then moving him to center after cutting Richburg for cap reasons.

    Brunskill and Skule are solid depth guys that will allow the team to move on from Shon Coleman, but I don't think either should be seen as the future franchise LT.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,520
    I think Biadasz and Wirfs go too early for us.

    I think Trey Smith will be around. Id be happy with that pick, but Id be concerned too since hes a massive guy and Im not sure how well hed hold up over the course of a full game in a zone blocking scheme at the next level.

    What if we finally go with a first round WR and a gamble in an athletic o-lineman with a mid-round pick?

    Assuming Jeudy and Lamb go in the top half (probably both in top 10) is there any chance Ruggs or Reagor fall too us?

    Any good mid-round o-linemen out there?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I think Biadasz and Wirfs go too early for us.

    I think Trey Smith will be around. Id be happy with that pick, but Id be concerned too since hes a massive guy and Im not sure how well hed hold up over the course of a full game in a zone blocking scheme at the next level.

    What if we finally go with a first round WR and a gamble in an athletic o-lineman with a mid-round pick?

    Assuming Jeudy and Lamb go in the top half (probably both in top 10) is there any chance Ruggs or Reagor fall too us?

    Any good mid-round o-linemen out there?
    Mid-round? We don't have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Mid-round? We don't have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick.
    Yeah, I guess it would be a 5th unless we trade up to grab someone we like, but I doubt that happens
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

    - Carl Sagan


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,181
    Only positions that seem to fit are OL, DB or WR, at least right now. Obviously some decisions to be made pre draft that would make it more clear.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Only positions that seem to fit are OL, DB or WR, at least right now. Obviously some decisions to be made pre draft that would make it more clear.
    Not a lot of holes if we can retain our guys in free agency. This coaching staff developed guys like Witherspoon, Mosley, and Moore to fill what fans perceived to be holes in the secondary going into the season.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Not a lot of holes if we can retain our guys in free agency. This coaching staff developed guys like Witherspoon, Mosley, and Moore to fill what fans perceived to be holes in the secondary going into the season.
    Yeah, feels like a BPA situation potentially, or a trade down if they can bamboozle a team out of a lot (which I doubt if we have a playoff area pick, maybe a 2nd and future 2nd kind of area).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Yeah, feels like a BPA situation potentially, or a trade down if they can bamboozle a team out of a lot (which I doubt if we have a playoff area pick, maybe a 2nd and future 2nd kind of area).
    Teams usually want to get into the first round so they can get a 5th year option, so moving back at least a few spots is probably an option.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    They do at the center position. In Atlanta, they made a big trade for a center because Shanahan wanted to improve there. In SF, they paid big money for Richburg. I could see them investing in a guy like Tyler Buadasz, playing him at guard for a year, then moving him to center after cutting Richburg for cap reasons.

    Brunskill and Skule are solid depth guys that will allow the team to move on from Shon Coleman, but I don't think either should be seen as the future franchise LT.
    Yes, because they didn't have time to develop a center, but now they do. You're not suggesting a 1st round pick for a center right?

    I wasn't saying either are a starting LT, I meant the 49ers coaches/front office might see it that way.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes, because they didn't have time to develop a center, but now they do. You're not suggesting a 1st round pick for a center right?

    I wasn't saying either are a starting LT, I meant the 49ers coaches/front office might see it that way.
    Why not a 1st on a Center? If he can fill in at a Guard spot for a year, Richburgs contract has minimal dead cap after 2020. Places we can save cash will be big.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •