Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I guess youíre just giving him a pass on the year and a half heís been here with top 5 scoring defenses?? Last year he was trash and so far this year heís lost all 3 big games on the road we needed to win (@chicago, @GB and @KC). If you guys want to keep patting him on the back for beating below average teams like Detroit and Philly then crown his ***, but youíre going to be highly disappointed if you keep trying to compare him to an all time great like Drew Brees.

This just continues the sentiment that QBs get too much praise when they win and too much blame when they lose. Kirk wasn't spectacular but he was the best player on offense we had against the Chiefs. Cook got contained and the WRs were eh at best. The team as a whole needs to step up, not just Kirk. If the O-line didnt get blown back every damn play maybe we could have got a game-winning drive going in the 4th quarter. But nope, we got stonewalled.

The whole team needs to step it up, Offense and Defense. Make some stops and score some TDs. Thats it.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    This just continues the sentiment that QBs get too much praise when they win and too much blame when they lose. Kirk wasn't spectacular but he was the best player on offense we had against the Chiefs. Cook got contained and the WRs were eh at best. The team as a whole needs to step up, not just Kirk. If the O-line didnt get blown back every damn play maybe we could have got a game-winning drive going in the 4th quarter. But nope, we got stonewalled.

The whole team needs to step it up, Offense and Defense. Make some stops and score some TDs. Thats it.
    Or maybe if Kirk had any awareness at all and didnít slide a yard and a half shy of the first down marker we could have won. This is the NFL, things arenít always going to go as planned. Sometimes your offensive line is going to get bullied, sometimes your run game isnít going to run for 150 yards a game, sometimes your kicker is going to miss an extra point, sometimes your defense isnít going to be able to hold the opposition to under 20 points. You need your QB to be able to make enough plays to squeak out those close games that donít go as planned. Thatís what difference making QBís do. Weíre asking the rest of the team to be perfect so our QB can win a game for us, and thatís never a good recipe for success.

Iím not saying we canít win with Cousins, but comparing him to an all time great like drew brees is laughable.
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 11-07-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post

Was it completely Kirks fault? No, but he's the only one that overthrew those receivers 12 freaking times and didn't complete a single pass when under duress. He's the only one that killed a drive by not remembering that, as a QB, he'd be down when he hit the ground, not where he slid to. He's the only one that saw a half dozen open receivers and hesitated to throw to them until either he or they were covered. Nobody else had nearly as many lost opportunities.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Was it completely Kirks fault? No, but he's the only one that overthrew those receivers 12 freaking times and didn't complete a single pass when under duress. He's the only one that killed a drive by not remembering that, as a QB, he'd be down when he hit the ground, not where he slid to. He's the only one that saw a half dozen open receivers and hesitated to throw to them until either he or they were covered. Nobody else had nearly as many lost opportunities.
    Not that it's any better, but regarding that slide, he said he thought he was already beyond the 1st down marker lol. Said if he knew he wasn't he would've dove or tried to lower his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Not that it's any better, but regarding that slide, he said he thought he was already beyond the 1st down marker lol. Said if he knew he wasn't he would've dove or tried to lower his shoulder.
    Thatís an excuse that is unacceptable. Itís his job to know where the first down marker is when heís scrambling for a first down.

Thatís an excuse that is unacceptable. Itís his job to know where the first down marker is when heís scrambling for a first down.
    Couldn't agree more

I guess youíre just giving him a pass on the year and a half heís been here with top 5 scoring defenses?? Last year he was trash and so far this year heís lost all 3 big games on the road we needed to win (@chicago, @GB and @KC). If you guys want to keep patting him on the back for beating below average teams like Detroit and Philly then crown his ***, but youíre going to be highly disappointed if you keep trying to compare him to an all time great like Drew Brees.
    I don't want to keep beating a dead horse, like I'm sure you don't but last year there were plenty of games where he showed up and the defense let him down. Again, he's not perfect and there were games where he played very poorly in times we needed him.

You know say, Detroit this year where we gave up 30 points. Hell KC we scored 23 which typically we get over 20 under Zim is a very very high % to win.

Last years Rams game, GB game and NOR game the defense didn't show up and for the NOR game we were driving to go up by two scored until Theilan fumbled.

I'm only comparing him at the same time frame as Brees. Brees best seasons came after he turned 30. You seem to ignore the fact that Brees and Kirk were essentially the same QB their first 6 seasons or so. You only want to look at what Brees has done for his career.

Ok last stat:

First 87 games for Brees and Kirk (It will go Completion %, Yards, TD, INT, and rating)
    Kirk = 67.46 21766 138 61 98.83703704
    Drew = 63.31 18160 111 74 86.95432099

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    If memory serves, he was looking RIGHT AT THE MARKER when he slid....

We bash him, maybe/maybe not more than we should, but basically we're stuck with him, good or bad.

Looking forward, tho, what should the team do? He'll be on the last year of his contract.
    As far as I can see, the ONLY way to lower his increasing cap hit is to sign him to an extension that allows them to move some of his salary to a signing bonus that can be spead out.........but that means signing him to an extension and a contract that may or may not be tradeable if needed. Otherwise, we just let him play out the 3rd yr and go from there.

Damn it'd be nice to have the same starting QB for more than a couple years, but he's a long way from convincing me I'd like him to be one that does. Do you guys realize Daunte Culpepper is the ONLY QB we've had with significant games started in more than 3 seasons since Tommy Kramer in the mid-80s?! Now 64 yr old Tommy Kramer.......and now here we are looking at the very real possibility that string continues. Meanwhile the Packers have basically only HAD 4 starting QBs in that same span....and only Favre and Rodgers since Brett supplanted the Majik man in 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I don't want to keep beating a dead horse, like I'm sure you don't but last year there were plenty of games where he showed up and the defense let him down. Again, he's not perfect and there were games where he played very poorly in times we needed him.

You know say, Detroit this year where we gave up 30 points. Hell KC we scored 23 which typically we get over 20 under Zim is a very very high % to win.

Last years Rams game, GB game and NOR game the defense didn't show up and for the NOR game we were driving to go up by two scored until Theilan fumbled.

I'm only comparing him at the same time frame as Brees. Brees best seasons came after he turned 30. You seem to ignore the fact that Brees and Kirk were essentially the same QB their first 6 seasons or so. You only want to look at what Brees has done for his career.
    I hear ya. There are a lot of worse options out there than Kirk. I guess I just hold him to a higher standard because weíve seen the player he can be and then he has games where we watch and think ďwho tf is this guy and where did last weekís Cousins go?Ē I just hate going into games hoping and praying that our QB shows up and isnít the guy that prevents us from winning. Hopefully he proves us wrong and is able to right the ship and lead us to a long playoff run. I still have my reservations though, and i donít think anybody can blame us for that.

I hear ya. There are a lot of worse options out there than Kirk. I guess I just hold him to a higher standard because weíve seen the player he can be and then he has games where we watch and think ďwho tf is this guy and where did last weekís Cousins go?Ē I just hate going into games hoping and praying that our QB shows up and isnít the guy that prevents us from winning. Hopefully he proves us wrong and is able to right the ship and lead us to a long playoff run. I still have my reservations though, and i donít think anybody can blame us for that.
    Amen to that! Absolutely hate that too and I hold hope that he can get that monkey off his back and start a new Kirk era!

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Amen to that! Absolutely hate that too and I hold hope that he can get that monkey off his back and start a new Kirk era!
    From our lips to godís ears brotha!! Letís get after Dallas.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011