Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,866

    AEW 10/30: Bubbly, Tag Teams, and Rock and Roll

    The Tag-Team Championship Tournament reaches its final with SCU vs The Lucha Bros. The titles will be presented to the winners by WWE Hall of Famers The Rock and Roll express. Who will makes history?

    The contract signing between Cody Rhodes and Chris Jericho for Full Gear. Will they crack open some bubbly?

    Other Matches:

    Kip Sabian, Jack Evans, and Angelico vs Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, and Kenny Omega

    Sammy Guevara vs Adam Page

    ? vs Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, and Trent Baretta
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,650
    So maybe this is as good a place as any to ask this. But why does everyone on the internet (besides it being the internet) hate Orange Cassidy. I literally don't think I've ever heard someone say one good thing about him. I've never seen or really even heard about him other than people bashing him.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,866
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So maybe this is as good a place as any to ask this. But why does everyone on the internet (besides it being the internet) hate Orange Cassidy. I literally don't think I've ever heard someone say one good thing about him. I've never seen or really even heard about him other than people bashing him.
    He wrestles with his hands in his pockets, has a dont give a crap attitude, and triggers anyone that is only wanting serious pro wrestling wrestlers.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ogYpKIuzd4

    In this match though you can see he can wrestle after he "gets serious".
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,908
    Why have Sammy Guevara be part of your main bad guy faction and then have him go out there on his own to lose clean to Hangman Page like a flashy jobber? His singles record is now 0-3. Swagger and LAX were in the building too and yet no shenanigans.

    AEW has all the old Elite guys, Ambrose, Neville, Swagger, Jericho etc and they only give us matchups full of lower and midcard guys nobody gives a rat’s arse about. I honestly couldn’t care less about the whole tag team tournament including yesterday’s final. They need to show the actual guys people tune in for or else viewers will start to lose interest real fast.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    15,519
    So this was the best Dynamite so far in my opinion.


    1) Cody vs Jericho is great it showed you can have a contract signing without flipping a table over and brawling.
    2) AEW tag team is amazing and is the best in the world by a long shot.
    3) That 1 Moxely promo was better than anything he ever did in WWE.
    4) Darby Allen is fighting for the title 1 week than gone the next?
    5) The backstory and promos with Cody make me want to see him win. But Jericho coming out in the Pumpkin sports coat was a beauty
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,946
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Why have Sammy Guevara be part of your main bad guy faction and then have him go out there on his own to lose clean to Hangman Page like a flashy jobber? His singles record is now 0-3. Swagger and LAX were in the building too and yet no shenanigans.

    AEW has all the old Elite guys, Ambrose, Neville, Swagger, Jericho etc and they only give us matchups full of lower and midcard guys nobody gives a rat’s arse about. I honestly couldn’t care less about the whole tag team tournament including yesterday’s final. They need to show the actual guys people tune in for or else viewers will start to lose interest real fast.
    Dont watch

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,946
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Why have Sammy Guevara be part of your main bad guy faction and then have him go out there on his own to lose clean to Hangman Page like a flashy jobber? His singles record is now 0-3. Swagger and LAX were in the building too and yet no shenanigans.

    AEW has all the old Elite guys, Ambrose, Neville, Swagger, Jericho etc and they only give us matchups full of lower and midcard guys nobody gives a rat’s arse about. I honestly couldn’t care less about the whole tag team tournament including yesterday’s final. They need to show the actual guys people tune in for or else viewers will start to lose interest real fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    So this was the best Dynamite so far in my opinion.


    1) Cody vs Jericho is great it showed you can have a contract signing without flipping a table over and brawling.
    2) AEW tag team is amazing and is the best in the world by a long shot.
    3) That 1 Moxely promo was better than anything he ever did in WWE.
    4) Darby Allen is fighting for the title 1 week than gone the next?
    5) The backstory and promos with Cody make me want to see him win. But Jericho coming out in the Pumpkin sports coat was a beauty
    The best part is were watching prowrestling. At the end of the day it's a fun 2 hour wrestling show and it never feels like a chore to watch it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    AEW tag team is amazing and is the best in the world by a long shot.
    If you like the too rehearsed looking flying acrobat circus stuff then yes.

    Imo the Mexican team should have won the titles at least. The guys who have it now have 0 charisma.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,946
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    If you like the too rehearsed looking flying acrobat circus stuff then yes.

    Imo the Mexican team should have won the titles at least. The guys who have it now have 0 charisma.
    Enjoy the trash wwe gives you then.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    15,519
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    The best part is were watching prowrestling. At the end of the day it's a fun 2 hour wrestling show and it never feels like a chore to watch it.
    I like AEW. I was a TNA guy when Styles-Daniels-Joe where killing it in the X division. The wrestling is great but eventually you need character development. This is what only the 5th show so I will give it time but most people won't
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,597
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    If you like the too rehearsed looking flying acrobat circus stuff then yes.

    Imo the Mexican team should have won the titles at least. The guys who have it now have 0 charisma.
    You mean the lucha brothers? Yes. They should have it and they will.

    What did you think about this video package?

    https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/...831182337?s=19

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    25,676
    The end of this show was awesome. Best in wrestling in a long time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,650
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Enjoy the trash wwe gives you then.
    People like different stuff. Just because someone has an opinion contrary to yours, doesn’t make them wrong or what they enjoy trash.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,946
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    People like different stuff. Just because someone has an opinion contrary to yours, doesn’t make them wrong or what they enjoy trash.
    It is trash. A majority of it has been minus nxt stuff. I have no problem if people want to watch trash. It's a free country.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,908
    To be clear, I’d like to watch both and both shows to be good.

    But what I don’t enjoy is watching a show where 70% of the time the matches feature no-name circus acrobats flying around the ring occasionally hitting eachother and you see guys look over their shoulder to see where their opponent is, carefully move three steps to the right, and stand there waiting to get hit until said opponent is finished doing his flip flops and somersaults. Thát is what I call trash myself, but like Dbroncos said if someone else likes it that is perfectly fine.

    It is easy to say “don’t watch then”, but is that what AEW wants? I don’t think so right. Judging by their sinking ratings a lot of people are doing the “don’t watch then” and it isn’t in the best interest of the wrestling business in general if AEW fails getting over with the big audience at home because they would turn into TNA #2. Like I said before, they shouldn’t have started giving all these no-backstory ‘nobodies’ most of their show’s tv time because that is not why people tuned in. Those people want to see Ambrose, Omega, Jericho, Cody, Pac, the Bucks, Page, those guys, in matches AGAINST EACHOTHER throughout the show most of the show, each week. Not Omega vs Janela or Jericho vs Darby f’ng Allen. Don’t put all of them randomly in one main event 4 vs 4 which is only one match out of your entire show. Or have the Bucks lose in the first round of the tag tournament to a couple of nobodies. Have them be finalists vs LAX. Don’t only give us those matches on the PPV but build the feuds each ongoing week and have them END at the PPV or make the PPV matches special. Mix in all those people the audience at home has no clue about who they are LATER once you have established a solid viewing base.

    It is like AEW believed their own hype too much and thought they could do whatever straight away while hardly telling any story and the masses of fans would bend the knee regardless. Well it looks like that isn’t happening and it’s mainly the anti-WWE fanboys and marks who watch anything and anybody for the in-ring flying around and barbed wire nonsense. AEW needs to step up big time and make things interesting for the casual fans who want to see entertainment on top of the wrestling.
    Last edited by _Supreme_; 11-12-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •