Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Cards added Austin Dean

https://www.barstoolsports.com/baseb...stin-deans-arm

This is cool
    I mentioned this in the trade thread yesterday. He has a ton of potential... just hasn't been producing at the MLB level.

Diowill Burgos had an amazing rookieball... that that's so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I mentioned this in the trade thread yesterday. He has a ton of potential... just hasn't been producing at the MLB level.

Diowill Burgos had an amazing rookieball... that that's so far away.
    I feel like Dean raises our Memphis outfield floor, and he has 2 options left. He reminds me a ton of Corey Dickerson, but obviously it's going to take a bit for him to reach that level. The Marlins literally DFA'd this guy FOR Dickerson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I feel like Dean raises our Memphis outfield floor, and he has 2 options left. He reminds me a ton of Corey Dickerson, but obviously it's going to take a bit for him to reach that level. The Marlins literally DFA'd this guy FOR Dickerson.
    Incredible that they were just giving up on him. He has amazing numbers

Sounds like Wieters is coming back… The Cardinals are optimistic that they are going to get a deal done with him. I assume it is for a major league deal, but they might be giving him a minor-league deal. They have an extra spot on the 40 man roster

If they bring him back and dont trade Knizner, I'm going to be very annoyed. Give the kid a ****ing shot. Kelly seemed to take off when he got his shot in Arizona

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

The problem is… If you’re going to give Knizner a shot, it needs to be half the playing time. And they are not looking to do that to Yadier.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    The problem is… If you’re going to give Knizner a shot, it needs to be half the playing time. And they are not looking to do that to Yadier.
    And that's a mistake. What happens when Yaddys done? Were ****ed. That's how you screw yourself

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I would rather a young player play 120 games in the minors… Then 40 in the majors. I don’t feel that him playing AAA ball is a detriment at all. After the end of this contract, Yadi might come back on a new deal, and mentor. If not… AAA is very good at preparing players.

I love the idea of bringing Wieters back and giving Knizner full ABs in AAA... what’s it going to hurt?

Knizner needs to split time in the majors

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Why split time when he can get regular ABs in AAA? I feel that’s the most important thing to a young guy.

As much as you/other people want him to get 50% of the at bats... that just won’t happen if Yadi is healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Why split time when he can get regular ABs in AAA? I feel that’s the most important thing to a young guy.

As much as you/other people want him to get 50% of the at bats... that just won’t happen if Yadi is healthy
    Because his bat is fine. Ots his defense they question. Bring him up to watch and split time with one of the best who's ever done it and learn from him. While splitting times and getting ABs and pinch hitting as well. Hes hit well in the minors

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post

It should happen. Yadi's bat isnt very good anymore.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Just my opinion... I think another year of Yadi behind the plate is worth more than what Knizner would be if he was getting regular ABs in 2020.

Looking to 2021 on paper right now, I think Knizner should get the majority of playing time.

But for now, I want Yadi to start, Wieters to play backup once a week, and Knizner to be in AAA keeping that bat fresh. If Yadi goes down for an extended period, Knizner can take over as starter

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    If they bring him back and dont trade Knizner, I'm going to be very annoyed. Give the kid a ****ing shot. Kelly seemed to take off when he got his shot in Arizona
    Knizner could easily be the 26th man on the roster this year, but he's only had like 350 AAA PA so far, and it was at league average results with poor ratings defensively.

I also think the organization likes Herrera a lot better.

Knizner is certainly becoming trade bait at this point, but he might split the season as the 3rd catcher who gets plenty of Pinch hit chances and play at other positions, and he might spend a lot of time in Memphis.

Wieters, like Dean, raises the depth floor there. If Molina misses 2/3rds of the season with an injury, you'll be thankful we had both Wieters and Knizner on the roster. Because the catcher behind them is Oscar Hernandez.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast