Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Why do you get so upset over a silly comment??
    It's just such an old, tired joke that you see everywhere every time a team makes a minor signing or trade.

It wasn't funny the first time, it's certainly not funny the 15,000th time.

Btw, Miller is basically Jedd Gyorko but hits left handed. Not much to see here, and both got $2M

Seems like a good deal to me

I'm not sure how he fits in, but he improves our 26 man roster without a doubt!

Why do you get so upset over a silly comment??
    Interested to see where this goes

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I'm not sure how he fits in, but he improves our 26 man roster without a doubt!
    I see him as basically taking over Munoz's spot

Here is what I'm thinking

C - Molina
    1B - Goldie
    2B - Wong
    SS - DeJong
    3B - Carpenter
    LF - O'Neill
    CF - Bader
    RF - Fowler

Util - Edman
    C - Wieters
    Util - Miller

The above players are pretty much locked to make the big league roster

Then, you'll get 2 of the following to most likely make it
    C - Knizner
    OF - Thomas
    1B/OF - Ravelo
    OF - Dean
    ^ I think Ravelo and Thomas are the most likely for OD

And an outside chance, but unlikely to make it
    OF - Carlson
    IF - Sosa
    Util - Munoz
    OF - Williams

Montero and Sosa aren't MLB ready, and Munoz has been pretty (bleep) bad, so Miller makes all the sense in the world.

Also, with the new 3 batter minimum. He will get plenty of late game PA's against righties. Which will be nice, and his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's just such an old, tired joke that you see everywhere every time a team makes a minor signing or trade.

It wasn't funny the first time, it's certainly not funny the 15,000th time.

Btw, Miller is basically Jedd Gyorko but hits left handed. Not much to see here, and both got $2M
    Itís kind of like when you come in here and post 16 paragraphs long stats and predictions. It does get old but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    Interested to see where this goes

Iím just waiting on the new breakdown on each players war with this addition as well as the new team win prediction for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I see him as basically taking over Munoz's spot

I had pretty much assumed that Munoz was toast. I didnít think he had a roster spot. However if they are going to play Edman in the outfield some, I get why they need two utility players.

I had pretty much assumed that Munoz was toast. I didnít think he had a roster spot. However if they are going to play Edman in the outfield some, I get why they need two utility players.
    For sure

Right now, if we lost one of Edman, Carpenter, Wong, or DeJong for any extended period of time (and it should be assumed one will get hurt at some point), then this roster spot is starting to play fairly regularly and would make us pretty vulnerable.

Itís kind of like when you come in here and post 16 paragraphs long stats and predictions. It does get old but it is what it is.
    I'd rather be the type of poster that shares well thought out posts, then someone who just randomly snips at others

Iím just waiting on the new breakdown on each players war with this addition as well as the new team win prediction for the season.
    Obviously you are being sarcastic, but I enjoy measuring how the roster is constructed and evaluating it. The off-season is very slow, it's something to enjoy throughout the process. In a sport like baseball, the entire roster is used, so it's important to know how it will be used this year.

This can go a few ways in terms of projecting, but here is what I do have now

C - Molina - $20M - 2 WAR
    1B - Goldie - $26M - 3.5
    2B - Wong - $1.025M - 3.5
    SS - DeJong - $1.7M - 4
    3B - Carpenter - $18.5M - 2
    LF - O'Neill - $575K - 1.5
    CF - Bader - $575K - 3
    RF - Fowler - $16.5M - 1

Bench
    Util - Edman - $575K - 2
    C - Wieters - $2M - 0.0
    PH - Ravelo - $575K - 0.0
    OF - Thomas - $575K - 0.0
    Util - Miller - $2M - 1.0

Rotation
    1. Flaherty - $575K - 4.5
    2. Martinez - $11.7M - 2.5
    3. Mikolas - $17M - 2.5
    4. Hudson - $575K - 2.0
    5. Wainwright - $5M - 1.0

Bullpen
    Kim - $4M - 1.0
    Brebbia - $575K - 0.5
    Gant - $1.30M - 0.5
    Fernandez - $575K - 0.5
    Helsley - $575K - 0.5
    Webb - $575K - 0.5
    Miller - $11.5M - 0.5
    Gallegos - $575K - 1.5

Paying for
    Leake - $4M
    Cecil - $7M
    40 Man round out - $8.05M
    Total payroll - $173.4M
    Total WAR - 41.5-89.5 wins

With incentives, that leaves us with $5.60M to spend, and $26.79M below the luxury tax.

Personally... I would much rather read through informative posts, rather than pointless sarcastic blabber. Even if they are overly repetitive. They at least bring information that we can form opinions about. Especially when there's no actual baseball to watch.

Value on the bench is incredibly underrated. There are only 8 position players. Having 5-6 bench players that can come in and support the team is crucial. You can't sign star players for bench roles... they won't take the deal. So, there's a balance on how good of a player you can convince to take the roster spot.

Personally... I would much rather read through informative posts, rather than pointless sarcastic blabber. Even if they are overly repetitive. They at least bring information that we can form opinions about. Especially when there's no actual baseball to watch.

Value on the bench is incredibly underrated. There are only 8 position players. Having 5-6 bench players that can come in and support the team is crucial. You can't sign star players for bench roles... they won't take the deal. So, there's a balance on how good of a player you can convince to take the roster spot.
    It's for sure repetitive, there isn't much going on. But I enjoy the topic enough to keep going back to it all off-season too.

To change topics... how about the 3 batters or ending an inning pitchers rule?

Really interesting. If there are two outs in the 7th inning, and a lefty up to bat... do you bring in a lefty, hoping to end the inning? Knowing that if the lefty fails to record the out... they have to stay in a minimum of 2 more batters.

To change topics... how about the 3 batters or ending an inning pitchers rule?

Really interesting. If there are two outs in the 7th inning, and a lefty up to bat... do you bring in a lefty, hoping to end the inning? Knowing that if the lefty fails to record the out... they have to stay in a minimum of 2 more batters.
    It's going to be interesting for sure. You really have to deploy your relievers correctly. I kind of like it, but I think I'm in the minority.

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast