Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    To change topics... how about the 3 batters or ending an inning pitchers rule?

Really interesting. If there are two outs in the 7th inning, and a lefty up to bat... do you bring in a lefty, hoping to end the inning? Knowing that if the lefty fails to record the out... they have to stay in a minimum of 2 more batters.
    I think it's terrible

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Yeah i'm pretty indifferent about it to be honest haha. It's not like there are many LOOGY's left anyway, but i'm a little sad this will basically kill off the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Yeah i'm pretty indifferent about it to be honest haha. It's not like there are many LOOGY's left anyway, but i'm a little sad this will basically kill off the position.
    I like the idea of giving offense some balance back after pitching has become more dominant. Though, we gotta get rid of the juiced balls for sure. But let players shift, get rid of the juiced balls, and let platoons work less.

Just leave baseball alone. Stop changing things

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

So they showed the predictions on MLB network. They think......

1 Reds
    2 Cubs
    3 Cards

That's ridiculous. I mean reds got a bit better but not alot better to where they will leap frog the cubs and cards.

I'll laugh if they finish 3rd or lower!

Been a while since I've posted but I love the korean pitcher we signed and the Miller signing is something I've wanted for the past two or three offseasons.

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    So they showed the predictions on MLB network. They think......

1 Reds
    2 Cubs
    3 Cards

That's ridiculous. I mean reds got a bit better but not alot better to where they will leap frog the cubs and cards.

I'll laugh if they finish 3rd or lower!

Been a while since I've posted but I love the korean pitcher we signed and the Miller signing is something I've wanted for the past two or three offseasons.

Who cares?

They had the pitching last year and irnocially didnt have the offense in that park. If their new acquisitions hit and Votto bounces back a little bit, they will be very good.

Meanwhile we have downgraded our roster on paper, the replacements are nothing but quesiton marks. Expecting Edman to repeat is a little ridiculous being hes never had a season like the half a season he had here last year in his professional career.

Flaherty probably isnt going to have an era under 1 for a long run again.

Waino is older and was terrible on the road

Who knows what Kim is, he played in a pitcher friendly league with a heavy ball and subsequently had the best year of his career after changes to the ball.

Not expecting anything from Marp or Fowler

Reds dont have to make giant leaps to jump over us. We arent winning 90 plus games again(without a big move). Doesnt mean we cant win the Central, doesnt mean we should be the favorite either. If the Brewers didnt lose Yelich last year they probably win the central anyway.

I've always been a huge fan of Votto, but at 36, I would guess he's going to start a downward swing. We'll see.

I don't think anyone cares what they put on "paper" but it is silly to put them ahead of the Cubs & Cards.

I mean sure they added Castellanos, Akiyama, and Moustakas. I don't see much improvement defensively and maybe a tad bit offensively but not much. Pitching staff added is decent but nothing spectacular.

Red
    Starting Pitching
    1. Castillo (27 years old)
    2. Gray (30 years old)
    3. Bauer (29 years old)
    4. DeSclafani (29 years old)
    5. Miley (33 years old)

Cardinals Starting Pitching
    1. Flaherty (24 years old)
    2. Hudson (25 years old)
    3. Mikolas (31 years old)
    4. Wainwright(38 years old)/Martinez(28 years old)/Kim(31 years old)
    5. Kim/Wainwright/Martinez

I just don't see anything that jumps out at me to make them better than us. I mean sure we have a older Waino but he put up a solid season last year and as long as he is able to produce 10-12 wins with decent pitching and a era at sub 4 then thats great. I don't expect much.

I'd give the reds a bit of a edge maybe starting pitching wise.

1st base- Votto V.S. Goldy

I think I'd take Goldy over Votto nowadays for sure.

2nd base- Moustakas V.S. Wong

I'll take Wong over Moustakas at 2nd base.

Shortstop- Galvis V.S. DeJong

Paul DeJong gets this as well bc Galvis is nothing special.

3rd base
    Suarez VS Carp/Edman
    I'll give them the edge if suarez is healthy.

Outfield

Reds-Akiyama, Castellanos, Winkler/Senzel

Cardinals- O'Neill, Bader, Fowler.

Nothing is impressive to me on either side. I'd give them a slight edge in RF with Castellanos other than that nothing special.

Catcher

Barnhart VS Yadi

Yadi gets the nod on this as well.

If Votto was the votto from like 7 years ago then I'd say wow they are really good but I see nothing impressive with the Reds. The fielding is very questionable imo. Not to say they haven't improved but I'd say they improved maybe 5-6 games. That is why they play the games though.

We lost what Wacha, and Ozuna? I think O'neill may put up just as good of numbers as ozuna and at a much cheaper price. Kim/Wainwright/Martinez can easily replace Wacha bc he was very inconsistent.
    Last edited by stlfan544; 02-16-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Like Obabikon said we'll see. I'm going to guess they still finish 3rd or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    what should they do? they have a bunch of bad contracts and put a spending limit on themselves when they dont have too. its not they who suffer its the fans that suffer from just one single injury on this team or a player who falls off the face of the earth at the plate.

but nothing is going to change as long as they get their 3 million fans and they will. us online that care if they win or lose only make up 1% of ticket sales and revenue if that. for the rest of the people through the gates its not about actual winning or losing but a "vacation" or being "entertained", even a splurge or "luxury" for them.

team could win 60 games for five straight years and they will still be in the top five in attendance. which isnt totally a bad thing but its even less of a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    what should they do? they have a bunch of bad contracts and put a spending limit on themselves when they dont have too. its not they who suffer its the fans that suffer from just one single injury on this team or a player who falls off the face of the earth at the plate.

but nothing is going to change as long as they get their 3 million fans and they will. us online that care if they win or lose only make up 1% of ticket sales and revenue if that. for the rest of the people through the gates its not about actual winning or losing but a "vacation" or being "entertained", even a splurge or "luxury" for them.

team could win 60 games for five straight years and they will still be in the top five in attendance. which isnt totally a bad thing but its even less of a good thing.
    Iím talking about the season not starting on a good note. We canít really afford to lose Miles for any amount of time so hopefully this will be nothing.

Certainly seems like every spring there's at least one who shows up to camp with "soreness".

At least it wasn't Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Pitchers are going to get hurt. Fortunately for us, we have one of the best depths in baseball. We may not have the best top end talent, or really anywhere close, but our depth is on par with anyone else in the league. That's why we have such a high base line of wins. We can absorb injuries better than most teams in baseball.

LMAO, Farty was banned, then comes back only to get perma banned almost immediately again for insults, racism, and bigotry.

Dude gets banned weekly on the other forum we are both on.

He's such a little tool, and can't help himself. He loses his **** over nothing in a matter of seconds and insults anyone who might disagree with him.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 02-17-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast