Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    And that's a mistake. What happens when Yaddys done? Were ****ed. That's how you screw yourself
    Ivan Herrera looks like he's on track to be MLB ready mid 2021. And they seem to like him a lot.

The guy came out of nowhere.

Also, Julio Rodriguez is a solid catching prospect.

Knizner has not improved defensively at all, he needs the automated strike zone to be invented for him to stay at catcher imo.

He might be better off as a C/1B/3B long term type player, which could work in a 26th man roster spot. Along with Edman being the depth player at 2B/SS/3B/LF/RF to compliment him.

You can hold both on roster spots with a more permanent backup at Catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Just my opinion... I think another year of Yadi behind the plate is worth more than what Knizner would be if he was getting regular ABs in 2020.

Looking to 2021 on paper right now, I think Knizner should get the majority of playing time.

But for now, I want Yadi to start, Wieters to play backup once a week, and Knizner to be in AAA keeping that bat fresh. If Yadi goes down for an extended period, Knizner can take over as starter
    Right.

And you have to assume one of Yadi/Weiters will miss a lot of time due to injury at some point. We are going to see Knizner on the MLB roster plenty this year, I'm sure of it.

You need 3 catchers on the 40 man, we now have 3 catchers on the 40 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Ivan Herrera looks like he's on track to be MLB ready mid 2021. And they seem to like him a lot.

The guy came out of nowhere.

Also, Julio Rodriguez is a solid catching prospect.

Knizner has not improved defensively at all, he needs the automated strike zone to be invented for him to stay at catcher imo.

He might be better off as a C/1B/3B long term type player, which could work in a 26th man roster spot. Along with Edman being the depth player at 2B/SS/3B/LF/RF to compliment him.

You can hold both on roster spots with a more permanent backup at Catcher.
    You really think Herrera will be ready next year? I don't think theres a chance

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

You really think Herrera will be ready next year? I don't think theres a chance
    Middle/end, it's certainly possible. They are bullish on him like they were with Yadier at this point. He'll probably spend the majority of this season in AA

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Middle/end, it's certainly possible. They are bullish on him like they were with Yadier at this point. He'll probably spend the majority of this season in AA
    I guess I'm not as optimistic

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I guess I'm not as optimistic
    Why?

Fangraphs already has him as our 4th best prospect, and he was the youngest player at his level this year and went to the AFL

He's currently Yadier 2.0 but with a better bat (Peoria is a pitchers league and he did great, especially for a 19 year old)

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728