Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins Trade for CB Aqib Talib and 5th

Apparently the compensation is a future pick. Nothing out as of this moment but I'm not expecting anything higher than a 4th. Talib is currently on IR, and has a large salary so it shouldnt be a high pick at all.

We might see Howard go to IR following this news. It's a good move considering that you get a bargain for a good player at a need.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-29-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Turns out hes actually a FA at the end of the year and this might be more of a salary dump from the Rams. We'll see when the comp comes out.

Good move if so. Take a chance to get a vet into the locker room and try to convince him to resign. If not you got a 5th for him anyways.

No way we gave up a 4th and eat his salary for Talib and a 5th. Probably a 6th or 7th in 2021 is what we gave up.

Yea after reading more it's probably at best a conditional pick in the 6th or 7th. I didnt know this was his final year plus he just went on IR two weeks ago. Technically he can play starting week 15 but who knows. This is a straight up cash dump by the Rams.

Absolutely love the move. Spend 4 mil for a 5th. The chances that 5th turn into a good player are low but you can use this to move back up or trade for a disgruntled vet.

Smooth move by Grier. Picking up an extra 5th this year for what amounts to a 6th or 7th is fine. He will not play one single down for MIA, but thats okay. We received a decent asset for cash.

I didnt expect grier to add any thing to the amount of draft picks he has, hes done great so far, cant ask for much more.

Barry Jackson tweeted it's only a 2022 7th and the Dolphins getting the 2020 5th is via Baltimore.

Theres some rumblings that Talib may not even report to the team. It's fine if he doesnt, but best case is Flores can convince him to come take the year off and resign next year. Hes still a decent #2 CB.

Bought a 5th rounder for like 4.5M. Not that bad for a rebuilding team.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Theres some rumblings that Talib may not even report to the team. It's fine if he doesnt, but best case is Flores can convince him to come take the year off and resign next year. Hes still a decent #2 CB.
    Hes probably cut as soon as the trade is final.

I agree that he is not in the plans for the future. I doubt they even considered whether he would, or if they would approach him about next year, when he will be 34. The pick swap makes this a good deal on its own.