Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just got a news alert from ESPN. It looks like we are bringing back Brandon Marshall.

Raiders must go heavy defense again in the draft as well as F/A. Linebacker and D-Line/Edge are the most glaring need. Trading for Ngokoue would have been a nice move, But maybe Jags won't franchise him and we can get him at good price in FA. Hopefully Marshall is healthy now and Lee can return in a few weeks and then they would be in better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    I'd trade a 1st and arden key for yannick nkagoue and sign a lb through fa.We set.
    No offense, but I sure am glad you're not our GM. I'm happy we re-signed Marshall and have stocked up on draft picks. I'm excited to have 2 1st's and 3 3rds for next season's draft. As somebody else pointed out, it's almost like we will have 3 first rounders next year with Abram's return to the field. We aren't winning the superbowl this year so we might as well go heavy in the draft to build a team for the future. I'm all in on saving picks and building a young smashmouth football team for years to come. I'm so thankful the trade deadline has passed. In Mayock I trust.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    No offense, but I sure am glad you're not our GM. I'm happy we re-signed Marshall and have stocked up on draft picks. I'm excited to have 2 1st's and 3 3rds for next season's draft. As somebody else pointed out, it's almost like we will have 3 first rounders next year with Abram's return to the field. We aren't winning the superbowl this year so we might as well go heavy in the draft to build a team for the future. I'm all in on saving picks and building a young smashmouth football team for years to come. I'm so thankful the trade deadline has passed. In Mayock I trust.
    The only player I would have traded a 1st round pick for was Ramsey. Reggie should have never traded our 2020 2nd round pick to Chicago. There is no way the Bears would have said no go to the deal unless they get our 2nd. Just look at the compensation they gave Mack, they were all in. Reggie is a bad poker player. Get a Safety to pair with JA and another pass rusher (best available as an interior or outside pass rusher). I would say linebacker but outside of Alabama's injured LB, I'm not sure who's worthy of a 1st round pick.

alright, let's throw some cap numbers out there...

in 2020 the following players will be under contract, and their respective cap numbers (and dead money if cut)
    Trent Brown, 21.5M (basically guaranteed)
    Derek Carr, 21.5M (5M cap hit if cut)
    Rodney Hudson, 14.4M (4.25M if cut)
    Tyrell Williams 11.1M (0 cap hit)
    Gabe Jackson 9.6M (0 cap hit)
    Darren Waller 7.3M (0)
    Kolton Miller 3.7M (8M)
    Josh Jacobs 2.7M (9.8M)
    Derek Carrier 1.8M
    Zay Jones 1.4M
    DeShone Kizer 1.1M
    Brandon Parker 1.1M
    Foster Moreau 707k
    Hunter Renfrow 663k
    Marcel Ateman 660k
    Alec Ingold 588k
    Andre James 588k
    Aj Cole 585K
    (Roughly about 100M dedicated to the Offense, and no major holes)

Lamarcus Joyner 12.95M (8M)
    Tahir Whitehead 7.3M (1M)
    Clellin Ferrell 7.1M (25.6M)
    Jonathan Hankins 6M (3.25M)
    Jonathan Abram 2.6M(8.6M)
    Erik Harris 2.5M
    Trayvon Mullen 1.6M
    PJ Hall 1.3M
    Arden Key 922k
    Marquel Lee 798k
    Maxx Crosby 780k
    Isaiah Johnson 750k
    Mo Hurst 740k
    Keisean Nixon 590k
    (roughtly about 47M dedicated to the Defense)
    Estimated Cap Space... 76M.

Notable FAs in 2020:
    Karl Joseph
    Daryl Worley
    Jalen Richard
    Nevin Lawson
    Benson Mayowa
    Richie Incognito

In the summer of 2020, with a shiny new stadium, 2 new 1st rd draft picks, 2 new 3rd-rd draft picks, with no state income tax in NV, we can go out to the FA market and get us some play-makers on defense. Believe me players will want to play for the Raiders next year... Let's take a quick look at some of the top FAs available on the defensive side of the ball in the summer...

Chris Jones
    Jadeveon Clowney
    Leonard Davis
    Yannick Ngakoue
    Byron Jones
    Ronald Darby
    Vonn Bell
    Jarran Reed
    Myles Jack
    Chris Harris
    Marcus Peters
    Dante Fowler Jr.
    Knedall Fuller
    Gerald McCoy
    Ndamukong Suh
    Trae Waynes

sorry for the long-winded post, but this is some exciting stuff... the future is bright.

Great post Loci, no apology required. That's a pretty cool perspective. Already been some improvement in this team, but looks like we can look forward to being legit contenders, and it's not just hot air this time.

Myles Jack should be a Raider. I'm down for that to be one of our big signings.

I would love Myles Jack as well unfortunately he signed a 4 year extension back in August.

https://twitter.com/Jerrymcd/status/...598047232?s=20

Whether the problem is talent or scheme - we have to do something. This is ridiculous.

My man Ike got a bad rap

This defense is as bad as any defense I have seen from us in 15 years.

The run defense is a bright spot

But in a passing league.. we are garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    https://twitter.com/Jerrymcd/status/...598047232?s=20

Whether the problem is talent or scheme - we have to do something. This is ridiculous.
    115 QBR on the year. Yeesh. Probably Carr’s fault

49ers fans been calling for their D.C. to be fired last season not complaining now. Stay the course

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12