Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,624

    Raiders Defense!

    We are ranked 25th in total defense. We are ranked 30th in passing and 9th against the run. Defensive has been our Achilles heel and has lost more games for us than our offense. We have 1 starting linebacker and a bunch of back ups that have to play. Based on Vontez getting suspended for the season do we risk signing him again, personally it's time to move on and one of our 2 first round picks has to be a LB. All of our edge rushers are too weak and need some big time protien shakes this offseason. Madd Maxx may be the best of them all and with some more man muscle, he should lead the team in sacks. Arden Key couldn't bring down Watson on their last TD and that shows he's still not strong enough to play DE. Not sure if we give him one more season to get stronger or move on. Jury is out on Clelin but he gets a pass because he's our 1st round pick but still needs to get stronger (we wanted Bosa, damn 9rs). Resign Mayowa!!! Inside are decent but not 3 down interior linemen. I think Mullen is a definite upgrade to Gareon. Let Karl Joseph go unless you can sign him for backup money and pair Abram with another stud safety (trade, draft or next years FA). Bottom line is even when Mack was on our team we couldn't crack the top 20 in defense. If we want to win our division, we have to stop Mahomes so our focus must be on defense in trades, draft and FA. I'm tired of the defense losing games for us!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,026
    The defense is certainly part of the problem. The offense can help mitigate the defensive woes to some extent by keeping the opposing offense on the sidelines. But-it would be nice to see the D pitch some three and outs once in awhile.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,969
    Yeah,we should trade for yannick ngakoue.He can split with crosby while we blitz ferrell in 5 man rush.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The North Shore of O'ahu Hawaii
    Posts
    2,718
    NEWS FLASH. The NFL strongly disagrees with defense. They want flash and quick scoring drives. The only form of defense accepted by the NFL comes in the form of takeaways such as fumbles and interceptions. The NFL no longer tolerates tackling nor defensive intimidation. The age of Defensive lines getting to the QB has long been dead. QB's can't be touched so we might as well invest in the secondary. Abram and Mullen will help. But we need more help there. RIP real football.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    NEWS FLASH. The NFL strongly disagrees with defense. They want flash and quick scoring drives. The only form of defense accepted by the NFL comes in the form of takeaways such as fumbles and interceptions. The NFL no longer tolerates tackling nor defensive intimidation. The age of Defensive lines getting to the QB has long been dead. QB's can't be touched so we might as well invest in the secondary. Abram and Mullen will help. But we need more help there. RIP real football.
    Thatís the truth-which makes the level of play by the Patriots defense this season all the more impressive.

    Brilliant defensive minded coaches like Belichick can still put together great defenses in this era-but the hoodie is the most accomplished defensive mind in the history of the game.

    On another note-Dennis Allen is quietly building a pretty impressive defense in New Orleans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    6,850
    Our run defense is among the best in the league. We are thin at linebacker especially after Phillips injured his knee and is out for the season. Does anyone know if and when Marquel Lee can return from the IR list? He is designated to return at some time isn't he? There are some good free agents available i.e Mason Foster, Manti Teo, Zach Brown, etc.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Our run defense is among the best in the league. We are thin at linebacker especially after Phillips injured his knee and is out for the season. Does anyone know if and when Marquel Lee can return from the IR list? He is designated to return at some time isn't he? There are some good free agents available i.e Mason Foster, Manti Teo, Zach Brown, etc.
    Some stats are deceiving. If you are ranked almost last in passing defense your run defense should be better as teams understand how to exploit a teams weakness. Additionally, on passing downs if you can't pressure QB'S to make quick decisions your passing defense suffers. It's been our issue for years. I like the young guys, they just need to get stronger.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,969
    Can we have a look at te'von coney?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    16,410
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Can we have a look at te'von coney?
    Te'von Coney is currently on a XFL roster.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    6,850
    Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    Some stats are deceiving. If you are ranked almost last in passing defense your run defense should be better as teams understand how to exploit a teams weakness. Additionally, on passing downs if you can't pressure QB'S to make quick decisions your passing defense suffers. It's been our issue for years. I like the young guys, they just need to get stronger.
    The Raider defense is averaging 3.7 yards per attempt allowed. That's good for 6th in the league. Also, the other teams are averaging 25.4 attempts per game.
    Last edited by erickench; 10-29-2019 at 01:37 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,145
    Itís simple: we canít rush the passer consistently and our DBs arenít good enough to cover that up. We either need a couple pass rushers or we need a lock down corner and a great cover safety. Donít see either of those on our team right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,624
    We all saw the TD Conley gave up to Williams but did anyone notice that Conley gave up the TD to Renfrow? I think we are better off with Mullen.

    Edited, it wasn't Conley on Renfrow
    Last edited by RC RAIDER; 10-30-2019 at 02:31 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,419
    Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    We all saw the TD Conley gave up to Williams but did anyone notice that Conley gave up the TD to Renfrow? I think we are better off with Mullen.
    Conley was the new Sean Smith... I surprise the cut ties early on. I'm surprised they got a 3rd rounder for him...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


    [/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,613
    Iím guessing we add a player today to help the defense. Hopefully not just a scrub FA...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,969
    I'd trade a 1st and arden key for yannick nkagoue and sign a lb through fa.We set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •